Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Also, couple things that slipped through the cracks:

VE6N7Mth.jpg

External PSU, HDMI video only and HDMI/Optical audio only confirmed. Buy up stocks in a company that sells DAC boxes.

Well, that's great...it means that I have to buy a Hauppague HD-PVR2 if I want to record gameplay since it doesn't have component cable connections.

What? No it doesn't.

Really? Shit thats embarrassing. I only assumed because it only comes with a HDMI cable and the Wii's composite cable (Nintendo generally don't change the AV out) didn't work with it. 

Probably. It's almost the same plug as is on the Slim:

xbox-36-slim-5.jpg

Though of course they won't be compatible, I'm sure.

I must say...the Slim does look better than One.

rJEaMsj.jpg

BURN!!!!!!

Considering Notch is pretty influential (somehow) and was working closely with MS on Minecraft Xbox Edition, this is indeed something of a burn.

I'm looking forward to seeing how MS recover from this, E3 should be fantastic this year.

EDIT: The Slim looks way better than the One, the subtle "X" shape is really cool.

Edited by SuperLink

Really? Shit thats embarrassing. I only assumed because it only comes with a HDMI cable and the Wii's composite cable (Nintendo generally don't change the AV out) didn't work with it. 

wiiu2.JPG

It's the one between the power plug and the HDMI port.

wiiu2.JPG

It's the one between the power plug and the HDMI port.

Yeah, big fuck up on my part. Haven't seen the back of my Wii U for a while. Oops :P

AmI the only one who likes the XONE design? Though I do like the feel of my old VCR so yeh :u

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it's too bad, the retro look is a bit endearing, but it's way too huge, especially knowing that other things are gonna go with it.

My main problem with it is that it doesn't really look "Xbox-y"? Like there's no X shape or green colour theming. I dunno, it'd be cooler if it didn't look so generic.

Actually, it does.  I use mine to record with the Dazzle.

Actually, it does.  I use mine to record with the Dazzle.

Shhhh stop making me look more stupid. Everyone already knows I am :u

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't cement anything based on today to be honest. Jumping ship is something I don't do easy, but this console is REALLY making it hard to have me as its friend and potentional consumer.

~HDTV only unless they make a HDTV-to-SDTV conversion cable.

~It has mandatory Kinect, A device I dislike but I'll tolerate (just shove it in a box or something and pretend it doesnt exist.)

~So far, no plans on how its going to fix the backwards compatiblity issue and weither the Xbox Mini attachment is true. my 360 is dying as-is and what about fucking Halo 4, 1 of their top 360 games?! Unless theres a XBO version planned...

~So far, allways online still isn't debunked and is getting really confusing on how exactly if it would work. I mean my console is online 9/10s of the time but still, what about that 10th time?...

~So far, used games are going to be replaced by an online sales system runned by MS and there won't be a way to have your friend play your game unless you loan him/her your account. bullshit and very risky unless you know this friend very well or blackmailing them not to do anything with your account.

~Can't replace the Hard drives anymore! So what the hell happens when the thing craps out, send my entire console in?!

Jesus what the hell happened today?!

Edited by goku262002

For the sake of note, /v/ seem to be pretty unanimously against the One too.

There's a particularly humorous thread about a master alliance between Sony, Nintendo and Valve, and one about the glory of the Nintendo vs Sony console war returning.

I know it's just /v/, but if there's one thing I like about gamers it's their ability to turn bad gaming news into jokes that practically everyone understands within seconds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Which is pretty much a necessity since it INSTALLS EVERY GAME COMPLETELY. Geez, you would have thought they would learn from people be upset about the PS3 installing only partial data.

For once, I'm actually happy I can't look away from the trainwreck this console is causing.