Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Back in the day me and my pal used to swap our PS1 discs around like nobody's busines. Microsoft wants to make sure no kids can have any fun like that without money going into Bill Gates' pockets.

Yep, exactly. My buds and I even do it to these day, I'm lending a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy to a friend because, you just can't get it anymore unless you want to sell your arm. Hell, I've even GIVEN games I don't really want anymore to friends that want them. I'm finding it more than hard to get behind Microsoft when they're treating acts of kindness as some kind of vile crime that must be stopped.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or maybe they're going through with it anyway but they just want to keep everyone quiet about it.

They're trying to deny it, because with press like this the launch is going to be a disaster.

as shitty as it sounds they have a good reason for that.

you just need the disk once to install the game, then you can play frisbee with it for all they care, as long as the game is in your HDD you can play it disk free.

if you started lending your disk to anyone, everybody would get the game for free, installing it and that's it.

internet connection is required to authorize your friend to use your disk in his console, in turn however you can't use in in yours.

consoles without authorization and without internet connection have a 24h timeout to play the game, after these 24h the game is blocked untill you connect and authorizes it again.

shitty, but it makes sense for what they want.

also, the X1 is much, much more powerful than a wiiU, devs says it's on the same league of PS4, also except for Killzone, Drive Club, Knack and InFamous (sony's exclusives), all the multiplatform games shown on Sony's conference will also run on the X1.

They're not even denying it. If it was false they would be flat out saying it wasn't true. They're not. They just want to word the situation in a way so it sounds better than it actually is.

there is a meme where we say that GAF is aways wrong in their predictions, we are not that enthusiastic about it, but being optimistic the Xbox One seems very well tailored to their specific market.

I don't see this thing flopping, not at all.

Wait, this seems tailored towards GAF's market? They absolutely loathe the damn thing, what are you talking about?

• Thumbs Up 2

So who the fuck actually lends their games to enough people that it would start causing a fucking dent in video game sales? Is this an issue that really had to be addressed?

When I was in high school, I lent someone my copy of Spyro 2 and I never got it back.

XBox One would have spared me that anguish.

• Thumbs Up 6

So here's another thing...what does trying to turn this thing into a pseudo smart TV even accomplish if people can just BUY A SMART TV. I mean, it does like everything the Xbox One does.

I'm starting to realize why the N64 turned out to be such a bust.

It was because I once lent my entire console and half of my games to a friend in primary school for a week, wasn't it?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yep, I'm with Tornado and Wraith; this is a (rather pathetic) attempt at sweeping the issue under the rug. If they really had been misunderstood with their original statements then they would be very quick to give a clear and unambiguous "No, this is not happening." Instead they've said "we meant to say maybe".

It's just a big crock of shit they've cooked up to try and smooth things over with the public without actually changing or saying anything.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

So who the fuck actually lends their games to enough people that it would start causing a fucking dent in video game sales? Is this an issue that really had to be addressed?

Me and my wife play many of the same games on our own separate accounts. Having to have her pay a fee for the pleasure of playing 'my' games, and me for playing 'hers,' when we have very little extra money as it is, really is a deal-breaker.

>Xbox One Launch day

>Hundreds of thousands of people all attempt to log in to Live at the same time to make an account/validate their game code/etc.

>"Our servers are busy, please try again later"

>"You have failed to connect to the internet and confirm your status in the past 24 hours, you will be unable to resume your game until you reconnect"

>"This code is invalid, please try again"

The tears will be delicious.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait, this seems tailored towards GAF's market? They absolutely loathe the damn thing, what are you talking about?

oh sorry, "their specific market" is about Microsoft's current strategy, not GAF's tastes, I worded it badly.

MS decisions are risky, dumb and pretty stupid I would say, the reveal was a joke and the anti-consumer bullshit is terrifying, but it won't prevent them from being successful because in the end of the day MS's console is a pretty solid box, it plays games and it does it well, plus a fuck ton of entertainment TV stuff that we gamers don't care about, but will sell like hot cakes to everyone else.

it's almost like the wii all over again, I see why they do it, I don't agree, but I can understand what they are after.

my brother was watching the reveal and called it the best reveal this year and i wanted to punch him so bad i mean he was genuinely happy about it.

he was happy about a console being turned into a cable box i was ashamed to have him as a Older brother

• Thumbs Up 6

oh sorry, "their specific market" is about Microsoft's current strategy, not GAF's tastes, I worded it badly.

MS decisions are risky, dumb and pretty stupid I would say, the reveal was a joke and the anti-consumer bullshit is terrifying, but it won't prevent them from being successful because in the end of the day MS's console is a pretty solid box, it plays games and it does it well, plus a fuck ton of entertainment TV stuff that we gamers don't care about, but will sell like hot cakes to everyone else.

it's almost like the wii all over again, I see why they do it, I don't agree, but I can understand what they are after.

The Wii was also 249 dollars, not 400+.

MS decisions are risky, dumb and pretty stupid I would say, the reveal was a joke and the anti-consumer bullshit is terrifying, but it won't prevent them from being successful because in the end of the day MS's console is a pretty solid box, it plays games and it does it well, plus a fuck ton of entertainment TV stuff that we gamers don't care about, but will sell like hot cakes to everyone else.

I get the feeling that to all the non-dedicated gamers will be like this:"why would I buy this huge block when I already own things that allow me to watch tv,Skype,Facebook,Netflix? It's just a giant waste of space and money. And the games don't interest me either." That's probably how most will respond to this. Edited by Aqua
  • Thumbs Up 1

the main reason the Wii started bad was because people were like eww motion controls sound dumb and why would i need to work up a sweat whilst i play. but than people saw that it could be fun tryed it out and liked it.

edit: the Xbox One is just a bad way to do a gaming console which were originally made for games. not all this other crap. and honestly i could care less about how good the games look what i care about is how they play

Edited by Kneecaps

The Wii was also 249 dollars, not 400+.

we don't know how much it will cost.

Me and my wife play many of the same games on our own separate accounts. Having to have her pay a fee for the pleasure of playing 'my' games, and me for playing 'hers,' when we have very little extra money as it is, really is a deal-breaker.

You can simply authorize your wife account when you lend her the games, it used to be better when you didn't had to do that crap, but it's not that complicated.

I get the feeling that to all the non-dedicated gamers will be like this:"why would I buy this huge block when I already own things that allow me to watch tv,Skype,Facebook,Netflix? It's just a giant waste of space and money. And the games don't instead me either." That's probably how most will respond to this.

because that same box also does that crap and plays Fifa, CoD and Halo, either a PS4 or a X1 will do the job, in the end of the day it will come down to the games, content and features to most people, that's what's mattered in all console generations, it won't change now.

Edited by Anti Alias

Oh, good, I finally caught up with the rest of y'all.

So... I take it that the reveal of this console was a fiasco, or is it still too early to say?

we don't know how much it will cost.     You can simply authorize your wife account when you lend her the games, it used to be better when you didn't had to do that crap, but it's not that complicated.     because that same box also does that crap and plays Fifa, CoD and Halo, either a PS4 or a X1 will do the job, in the end of the day it will come down to the games, content and features to most people, that's what's mattered in all console generations, it won't change now.
I was mainly referring to the non-gamers you were talking about in your post. The ones you said would be more interested in the "not games" part of the system.

Oh, good, I finally caught up with the rest of y'all.

So... I take it that the reveal of this console was a fiasco, or is it still too early to say?

Big. they dun fucked up on almost all levels...

my brother was watching the reveal and called it the best reveal this year and i wanted to punch him so bad i mean he was genuinely happy about it.

he was happy about a console being turned into a cable box i was ashamed to have him as a Older brother

Can I punch him instead? because he sounds like a Dudebro, and I fucking HATE dudebros.

• Thumbs Up 1