Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352542/xbox-one-always-online-not-required-used-games-work

One of the big rumors leading up to the new Xbox One announcement was the possibility of Microsoft forcing gamers to keep the console connected to the internet. Microsoft says that while the Xbox One requires an internet connection, "it does not have to be always connected." The difference means that Xbox One players won't be restricted from gaming if a connection drops. "We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection," says Microsoft.

Despite the system not requiring it, developers will be able to create games that will not play offline. Wired reports that games will be able to hook into Microsoft's Azure cloud services with a lack of offline support, but there is no requirement for them to do so yet. A second part to the always online rumor was some type of activation system that prevents used games. Microsoft says it's "designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games," and promises to offer more details in future. Wired has some additional details, noting that secondary use of a game disc will require a fee so that it will be marked and owned and can be played without the disc — something the Xbox One ...

Xbox Live Store, sell the license to your unwanted games? Intriguing.

Well it's sounding a little better than how Shitaku were originally describing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole pay to play used games idea gets scrapped before the launche. Either way I really don't care if it blocks used or not. I still have so many games on the 360 to play and from what I heard the only thing that has interested as far as games go is Quantum Break and COD Ghost. I'll be reserving the console when available.

Edited by Urban Flow

Xbox One won't work unless the Kinect is plugged in

Be prepared to have the government spy on your homes and make robot clones of you sci-fi horror style. Or maybe you'll be upgraded into Cybermen!

Extremes aside, this still makes me feel uneasy about privacy knowing the Kinect records me and my voice. Why can't I just use the bloody thing without Kinect?

• Thumbs Up 1

Be prepared to have the government spy on your homes and make robot clones of you sci-fi horror style. Or maybe you'll be upgraded into Cybermen!

Extremes aside, this still makes me feel uneasy about privacy knowing the Kinect records me and my voice. Why can't I just use the bloody thing without Kinect?

What if the Kinect breaks?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352542/xbox-one-always-online-not-required-used-games-work

Xbox Live Store, sell the license to your unwanted games? Intriguing.

That's pretty cool. So when you're done with a game, you can make that game "license free" and let someone else install and tie it to their account for free?

Edited by KrazyBean

Don't you want to talk to your Xbox?!

Nope ): (Actually voice chat in general or voice-recognised games make me feel uneasy but that's not a privacy thing, this Kinect thing is just that general weirdness I have with talking to machines AND a privacy problem!!)

So is Microsoft's marketing strategy for nextgen being an exaggerated, South Park-esque parody of themselves?

• Thumbs Up 6

Then you're screwed. Simple!

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is it called the Xbox One? Cue the confusion of Wii U and 3DS, now we have a system that makes it sound like it's an old system?

Didn't they name the Xbox 2 the Xbox 360 because they didn't want to feel inferior to the PS3? Hmm.

Kind of a dumb argument. What if the console breaks? You get it fixed.

Nope ): (Actually voice chat in general or voice-recognised games make me feel uneasy but that's not a privacy thing, this Kinect thing is just that general weirdness I have with talking to machines AND a privacy problem!!)

I was joking.. :-/ I agree. Having to have Kinect connected is dumb.

I was joking.. :-/ I agree. Having to have Kinect connected is dumb.

Aw I wasn't sure, but I didn't have an issue explaining that anyway P: it bugs me in general.

Xbox Live TV won't be available outside US at launch, requires a separate device to function.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-live-tv-available-in-us-only-at-launch-requires-separate-device/

Xbox One: live TV available in US only at launch, requires separate device

Xbox One’s live TV fucntionality will only be available in the US at launch, a press release from Microsoft has confirmed.

In a release sent to VG247 this evening confirms that Live TV with Kinect navigation, Live TV with One Guide, Trending, and NFL on Xbox will only be available in North America at launch. The release added that Microsoft anticipates a global roll-out over time.

As shown in the Microsoft reveal stream, and confirmed in the release, “Live TV will require a supported receiver device with HDMI output,” which is sold separately.

What do you make of the above then?

So much for "one device". This thing is becoming worse by the minute.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why does everything have to be seperate? If I bought the console, I expect to have the full package, not to buy little extra bits to fulfill it.

Yeah used game restrictions? Fuck You Microsoft, not buying your fucking multimedia piece of shit. At this point I don't even care what awesome games you have on your console; I just refuse to support this kind of business practice. I stuck with you this gen, Microsoft. Looks like I'll be jumping ship to Sony for the next one. 

That GT pre-show guy was right with the overuse of the word "experience". Gosh.

Xbox Live TV won't be available outside US at launch, requires a separate device to function.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-live-tv-available-in-us-only-at-launch-requires-separate-device/

So much for "one device". This thing is becoming worse by the minute.

You....but...what?!

Wow. Words, there are none.

This Xbox Live TV will not interest anyone from Europe and Japan at all, since this stuff is more focused on us Americans. That big box will be big for nothing to them.

So what's the appeal of this console again? It sounds like one crappy decision after the other, with the only draw being the Ghosts dlc releasing a little bit early.

I can't support this next console knowing that they're essentially trying to restrict access to used games. I loved my Xbox 360, but this just feels wrong.