Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

You're gonna need a bigger desk...

loln9uk8.png

It just... it just... it just looks terrible! Yesterday we were joking about the PS4 black box reveal. This thing is a black box.

• Thumbs Up 6

loln9uk8.png

... Holy shit, that thing's huge. And I don't see any beneficial means to stand it up vertically, either...

loln9uk8.png

It just... it just... it just looks terrible! Yesterday we were joking about the PS4 black box reveal. This thing is a black box.

Jesus, Hogfather's right. It DOES look like an old VCR! Looks very bland TBH, I was expecting something like a big green X in the middle.

• Thumbs Up 1

xbox1.jpg

new pics of the Xbox One

I would totally like this if I hadn't reached my quota for the day on the other topic already.

tumblr_mn5ytsSlJe1r3xauuo1_1280.png

Bwahahahahaaha

I'm sorry, but I never was much of a console fanboy, but this has expired so much contempt from me about Microsoft as a gaming company.

And they were so happy going into it.

330577__safe_princess-luna_derpy-hooves_

• Thumbs Up 8

Overall impression, I was quite disappointed with the fact that the Xbox One now has a fee to unlock used games, no backwards compatability and the console itself looks so bland and big, which I assume is going to be much heavier to carry around.

The games didn't interest me in the slightest and COD ghosts still looks the same as it's always been but more enhanced. 

There are some good features on there that does help make it more appealing and attractive but it certainly won't attract me to buy it as I will be attracted to the PlayStation 4. 

Oh and I would have preferred for it to be called Xbox Infinity rather than Xbox One. Unnecessarily dull name. 

Well I'm sure Gamefly isn't having fun with the news right about now.

Or GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy Edited by PSI Aqua
  • Fist Bump 1

loln9uk8.png

Now I can watch Jurassic Park for VHS on my Xbox!

No seriously, that's like one of the biggest consoles I've ever seen. I guess Xbox wants to be the only one able to fit on your table.

Edited by Reggie Fils-Aime
  • Thumbs Up 3

Jesus, Hogfather's right. It DOES look like an old VCR! Looks very bland TBH, I was expecting something like a big green X in the middle.

ok4SzRM.jpg

Wasn't really liking the sound of the new Xbox with all the rumors circulating it, and now with everything basically confirmed, its even worse than I expected. I'll stick with Sony and Nintendo if that's okay with you, Microsoft.

• Thumbs Up 2

This console... meh, I'm just not feeling even remotely excited for it.

I mean, to be honest, I couldn't care less for its specs or any of its various new features that I'll rarely ever use. I just want some fun games to play on it, and I'm just not seeing them yet.

Edited by Komodin

Element Of Chaos has ruined this for me with "Xbox One Direction". Cannot be unseen.

I honestly doubt I'll be getting this. I see no reason to. The PS4 has a much wider appeal to me.

Or GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy

Well I meant in that Gamefly operates solely on the idea of renting used games out. Their entire business model is hurt by this. The other three do sell new games and such.

I think the best part out of all this is that the "Xbox One" has had a peripheral announced on the very day of its original announcement. Heh.

The rat race between Sony and Nintendo should be fun. Hopefully a better competitor will take Microsoft's place next gen, assuming this thing flops as hard as it looks like it will.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it'll do badly sales wise, I just think it won't sell to people who are invested in gaming in particular.

As an entertainment device, it'll probably do well, though I imagine unless it's insanely expensive it'll operate at a loss for quite a while.

It really does have a bland design, just black all over (not even a signature X mark!). There's nothing that sets it apart from any old VCR player. In fact it could fit right in there! It does not look like a videogame console and I don't even know if I should recognise it as one.

I can't help but wonder if EA created their own console, it would probably be exactly like this. 

Anyway, I'll wait until E3 before deciding whether this console will be worth picking up.

I really don't want Microsoft to fail, but I'm not sure if I approve of this direction they're going with their new console.

Edited by canderson

Sadly I am going to have to give this system a pass as well due to what has been discussed at this point.  Unable to work without Kinect plus having to buy a separate piece of hardware to run 360 games instead of it being part of the system just rubs me the wrong way.  I think at this point I'll be sticking to my PC as my primary gaming setup while for a secondary I'll be eying the PS4 once the hardware price is reasonable and there are more titles available.

There is now a big Xbox One feature on the Xbox 360 dashboard now with info, videos, etc...

Sadly I am going to have to give this system a pass as well due to what has been discussed at this point.  Unable to work without Kinect plus having to buy a separate piece of hardware to run 360 games instead of it being part of the system just rubs me the wrong way.  I think at this point I'll be sticking to my PC as my primary gaming setup while for a secondary I'll be eying the PS4 once the hardware price is reasonable and there are more titles available.

That is still a rumour.

It really does have a bland design, just black all over (not even a signature X mark!). There's nothing that sets it apart from any old VCR player. In fact it could fit right in there! It does not look like a videogame console and I don't even know if I should recognise it as one.

I'd like to think of it as more an HTPC.

I'll be getting it I am pretty sure.

I actually kind of like the look of the thing, it's super ugly and VCR like but it also kinda reminds me of old-school consoles because of that. I was never one to care about how a console looks though really (the gamecube is kinda bland/lame but I love my gamecube all the same). There are a lot of features I probably will not use such as the TV thing but I do love how you can switch between it all and have what is essentially a pip mode. If there is one thing I like on my Vita its to be able to stop a game and swipe over to go the internet and check out a walkthrough if I am absolutely stuck on something. So I am kinda glad to see that heading to a console now too.

The gameplay recording thing is great, I would love to be able to share some hilarious stuff that happens when I game. I wonder if you'll be able to retrieve the gameplay you record off the cloud and put it on your computer essentially meaning you don't need a videogame capture card. Would be great for lets players anyway if that's the case. I'd also be okay if at the very least it functions similarly to the PS4's share feature from what I understand of that anyway.

Love the look of the controller, it seems to be very similar to the 360's controller (which is my favourite console controller its very comfortable in my hands). I really dig the idea of the better d-pad, should be great for the eventual fighting game reveals that will happen on all the new consoles. Basically it just seems to be more of the same controller wise.

The games - I didn't really see anything today that appealed to me. I know that down the road there will be though. Due to my preference of the 360 type of controller, the 360 is my go-to console usually for most multiplatform games and my PS3 is for the exclusives it has. Since the controller here is similar to the 360's, I am sure that situation won't change for me. Knowing that most of what the PS4 gets the X1 is gonna get, I know I'll at least have multiplatform titles to play on it. Not to mention that I do like Halo, which will inevitably come. I'm intrigued by Microsoft saying they are investing in more studios to work on new IPs so here is hoping that means they are letting Rare do their thing again as well as crafting other studios to finally start making more franchises that make them a legit gaming brand. My one criticism of MS in the past is that they don't really have any franchises to really call their own besides Halo, Fable, and Forza. There is nothing iconic though there aside from Halo so I hope they can build up a library of new IPs. Of course that's just a wait and see sort of situation.

I am not worried about no backwards compatibility and the lack of it does not bother me. While its a nice feature, it's not required for me as I still own my 360.

The ONLY worry I have is with the used games deal. I am not a used game buyer a good 90% of the time however as I find used game prices here are not low enough to justify it. I'd only save about 3-5 dollars on most new releases and it takes a long time for that price to really drop. By then the game itself new has dropped by a proportionate amount. The only time I get good deals is if I go to a pawn shop and I don't really like doing that because its a higher risk to me in terms of getting something that works. I also do not go and bring games over to friends house because all my friends are so far away - meaning I wouldn't be sharing with anybody anyway. Still despite that there are times where I do buy used and it would suck if the fee was incredibly huge. I heard rumblings you can trade/re-sell your licenses to certain games though over Xbox Live but with all the news going around right now I am just getting confused on the matter and will wait 'til the dust settles/to see more about it and make a stronger opinion on it.

So yeah, feeling optimistic. It has a lot of great features I'll never use but I am feeling confident I'll have stuff to enjoy from the games side of things. e3 will sort of make or break that for me but again I'm feeling good about that too. They got all the boring/business/non gamer-ey stuff out of the way today and I hope that means that their e3 conference will be a lot more dedicated to the software now. I do expect for some of this stuff to show up at e3 of course, but I want it to be very minimal and I'll be really disappointed if games aren't the primary focus.