Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

On the topic of the fee on used games, how much do you think it's going to be? At first I was thinking it would be around $10, but then I remembered that the Xbox One forces you to install games to play them and can play games without the disk. This means if you loan a game you bought to 5 friends, they could all pay the $10 fee, give it back to you, and have only paid a sixth of the usual price. This would be a huge loss to Microsoft in game sales so I expect them to charge closer to $30 or $40 for the fee.

I REALLY hope that is the case! Sounds to me then each game just has its own ID and when someone else goes to play it the license transfers over. That really doesn't sound too different than what is essentially how used games work now (as when you get rid of a game its not like you can play it anymore) but it just lets you play it on your Xbox without the disc I guess.

Hold up. If little 10 year old Timmy installs Kinectimals 2 on his profile, would his even littler 8 year old brother Jimmy have to pay to install it on his profile? Surely not?! I mean not being able to game share between consoles I can understand (even though it sucks), but profiles? I hope I'm getting this wrong.

Edited by Blue Blood

Wait, so this console requires Kinect? It's not really that bad, unless it's just as bad as it was on 360...

Edited by Reggie Fils-Aime

On the topic of the fee on used games, how much do you think it's going to be? At first I was thinking it would be around $10, but then I remembered that the Xbox One forces you to install games to play them and can play games without the disk. This means if you loan a game you bought to 5 friends, they could all pay the $10 fee, give it back to you, and have only paid a sixth of the usual price. This would be a huge loss to Microsoft in game sales so I expect them to charge closer to $30 or $40 for the fee.

Except that they're saying when someone else installs the game on their profile, it deletes the install on yours.

Wait, so this console requires Kinect?

Like a fish requires water.

Hold up. If little 10 year old Timmy installs Kinectimals 2 on his profile, would his even littler 8 year old brother Jimmy have to pay to install it on his profile? Surely not?! I mean not being able to game share between consoles I can understand (even though it sucks), but profiles? I hope I'm getting this wrong.

No clue, but I'm going to guess it is tied to console which in turn has accounts tied to it. 

The Xbox 360 dashboard feature mentions a new improved achievements system and a new SmartMatch multiplayer matchmaking system. 

Like a fish requires water.

Ew, hopefully they improved it alot since 360. I could hardly get through the menus.

From what I've heard, it's tied to an account, not the console.

So if someone with a different account on the same console wants to play on their account, they might have to pay a paywall.

Kinda like having to buy an eShop game twice if you have two 3DS users in the same household, haha.

I think you got the wrong idea. It's like the PS3, it will install some files to ease the load of the Bluray drive. And install some special data like who owns the disk etc.

Basically you still need the disk to play the games. Otherwise 500GB of space wouldn't be enough.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

No clue, but I'm going to guess it is tied to console which in turn has accounts tied to it. 

I'd assume it works how the 360 works now kinda in a sense. Because if I recall the content on the console is tied to both a single account AND the console it was bought on. Because I just recently had to transfer all my downloads to my new Xbox that I got for Christmas (not because my old one was broken, I was running out of space and I got the Halo 4 box YEAH) to register it to that box. But before I did that all content couldn't be played by other users on this new box, only on my account that I bought them from and only when I was connected to Xbox Live. Once I re-downloaded to re-register the licenses to the box did it work for other people too.

I imagine this scenario is not much different and is just being worded incredibly bad. I am gonna hope this is the case anyway.

It's still bad. It's linked to one account and you still can't use it on a second without paying an extra. That means no renting, loaning, playing on a different account or anything without having to pay extra. That's idiotic.

Absolutely this. There's also not even any selling of your own games to your mates, cause they'll still have to pay more to Microsoft.

— Xbox, watch EPSN.

— Sorry, ESPN is not available in your country.

— Xbox, play music.

— Sorry, Xbox Music is not available in your country.

They should just rename it to the USbox One already.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except Xbox Music has been launched on 22 countries, and planning on expanding.

tumblr_m7ohrxX2BI1rrgkzy.gif

Microsoft just wants to tank their own video game department apparently.

From what I've heard, it's tied to an account, not the console.

So if someone with a different account on the same console wants to play on their account, they might have to pay a paywall.

Kinda like having to buy an eShop game twice if you have two 3DS users in the same household, haha.

Hmm... me and the OH both use the same Xbox, often the same games... so would that mean on the One we'd have to pay a fee so both of us could play the same game on the same console?

That doesn't sound right...

I'm getting real confused as to all the practicalities. If you want to take a game to a mate's house...it'll uninstall from yours, install on theirs...then when you go home, it'll uninstall and reinstall again? Do you lose your save game (would it have to be backed up)? Could you do this only a set amount of times? Is the paywall just there to save you going through all that kerfuffle?

Is it per Xbox Live Account or console, cause as mentioned, that could suck for families.

This needs clarifying, and quick, because there's nothing worse than negative wild conjecture. It spreads like wildfire. Microsoft needs to answer all this, and more, at E3.

I'm getting real confused as to all the practicalities. If you want to take a game to a mate's house...it'll uninstall from yours, install on theirs...then when you go home, it'll uninstall and reinstall again? Do you lose your save game (would it have to be backed up)? Could you do this only a set amount of times? Is the paywall just there to save you going through all that kerfuffle?

Is it per Xbox Live Account or console, cause as mentioned, that could suck for families.

This needs clarifying, and quick, because there's nothing worse than negative wild conjecture. It spreads like wildfire. Microsoft needs to answer all this, and more, at E3.

All your save data is saved on the cloud. Not on the console itself.

Stupid name. Strike One.
Still pushing the use of KINECT. Strike Two.
Rumored having to pay or some other big go-around to play USED GAMES. STRIKE F'N THREE.

You know a system is bad when it makes me want to buy a WiiU first.  Gaming's not dead folks. It's just dying a VERY slooooooow, painful death.