Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

Right guys we're now taking £20 deposits in store for the #XboxONE & limited special VIP tickets so you can skip the queue on launch night

https://www.facebook.com/GamestationMerryHill/posts/612824802062651

I might just do this to skip over the people who will have been camping all day tongue.png

Zavvi has pre-orders open... and... a price.

(Christ... those launch games... we sure this isn't EA's new console?)

Obviously a placeholder price. They do this with every console/handheld announced without a price.

Obviously a placeholder price. They do this with every console/handheld announced without a price.

Quick post this on their facebook "Why are you selling this system when it blocks used games? Which happen to be your primary source of sales?" and then watch how quickly they remove that comment?

Also, just go to zavvis site and look at the bottom of the page, that game selection...

Also, just go to zavvis site and look at the bottom of the page, that game selection...

Xbox Fourteen

Hmm, the look of the console reminds me of the PS2. It's big and blocky.

The controller looks pretty neat, though.

Out of curiosity, I checked the Wii U tag on Twitter to see if people were posting about it in relation to the Xbox One.

Sure enough, a bunch of people are saying things like "looks like I'll just get a Wii U for my second console now instead"

The negativity surrounding the Xbox One is kinda immense, though I'm sure MS won't ignore it.

Part of me really hopes that they drop their account and online and DRM locks, just because it'll piss off EA if nothing else (who am I kidding it'd make the whole system look a lot more appealing).

But oh yeah I will admit the controller looks very comfy.

Really, if this console is reasonably priced and has great games on it despite all of it's features I'll never use......I would buy it. BUT the cloud save thing and the used-game fee, combined, are a total dealbreaker. Just my thoughts, I don't completely hate the Xbox One. 

why is it that all the websites i have been to this thing keeps sounding worse and worse

I'll admit if I had never bought a Wii the 360 would have been my second choice for having games I actually wanted compared to the PS3 (as well as the same games, but usually better), even if I'm glad I never had to make that decision, but this... just no, sorry. I'm also not one for judging the appearance of a console too harshly, but this thing just looks like such a step down from both the previous Xbox's; it's just really boring and has so little character.

I'll be very interested to see what the PS4 ends up like.

I'm really starting to wonder if 8th gen will be a struggle for everyone in some way at this point.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Those 8GBs?

5 goes to games. the other 3 is for the OS.

Not watched this myself yet. But beware the language lol

I've seen people basically suggesting this elsewhere since like last year or so. Anyone expecting all 8GB's to go towards gaming were fooling themselves.

Edited by EuroMIX

So you have to REPURCHASE the GAME essentially if you want to play it on another account?! Well fuck that!

Edited by KrazyBean

So basically kind of like PS4 then.

At least the PS4 has DDR5 instead of DDR3 RAM.

Edited by KrazyBean

You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

imgur_9CUtI.gif

and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game

but the actual price of that game

Are you... the full price... wha... why!?

So... you would pay the retail price for a used game, then the full price for it again!? What shop is gonna stock this system!?

Well now we know why EA scrapped their online passes.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hahahahaaha.

Ahahahahahahaha.

Straight from the horse's mouth.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

inn30ZwXcsaCS.gif

Microsoft, we're not fucking cavemen, you can't wave fire infront of us and watch us stare at it in awe. We're not going to think of it as a new game, because it's fucking not, we're paying for the same damn game again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there any point in even asking if this machine is region free?

So Xbox Support says what Wired said was wrong and incorrect, yet Harrison reconfirmed with Kotaku that there is a fee. -.-

EDIT: OH SNAP. Full price?!

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

i go over my freinds houses alot and hearing about pay to play anywhere else that sounds awful

i also got thinking what would selling the game be like

So Xbox Support says what Wired said was wrong and incorrect, yet Harrison reconfirmed with Kotaku that there is a fee. -.-

I guess it was the specifics of the fee that had to be cleared up.

But oh man, if selling a game is this confusing

What about second hand systems? What would happen there?

Microsoft, we're not fucking cavemen, you can't wave fire infront of us and watch us stare at it in awe. We're not going to think of it as a new game, because it's fucking not, we're paying for the same damn game again.

You know Microsoft has really fucked up when a top executive of one of their business rivals is calling them out on their bullshit.

Edited by -Knuckles The Echidna-
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1

It's a ploy to eliminate Gamestop, Best Buy, and Amazon's used game markets. You have to sell your games online through the Xbox One.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I can't....Wha....MICROSOFT,WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING?! 

Honestly, I just can't understand what is going through microsofts min-

483600.jpg

Oh yeah.

Nobody is actually praising this thing! Seriously, this Used game fiasco,the lack of interesting features on top of the thing looking like a freaking VHS player are just major turn-offs. This Thing is gonna sink harder than the Titanic. And no one will care.

I'm kind of confused. Couldn't you use your account on another console and then play from there?