Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

i also got thinking what would selling the game be like

"We here at Microsoft heard what the people really wanted was useless paper-weights, and we were eager to take on the challenge."

You know... there was a chance Microsoft could have salvaged it. They could have buried the news by hyping up EA dropping online passes or something and much of the public probably would have bought it.

But the fee is the entire fucking game cost?

lol.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course, this also rules out borrowing a game....

So...I missed this because of work. I saw that it includes a kinect (As I though) and I saw about the game on another console bs...

Anyway, can anyone put the whole event in a nutshell?

Why is it that, even despite all this, I can't help suspect that Microsoft will reveal some games everyone can't be without and gamers will be lured in and this thing will sell enough to cause MS to go "whelp... looks like people DO want all these features, DERP".

Carbos linked article... you missed a pretty important detail.

Console IS always online.... sorta.

Here's how the system works: when you buy an Xbox One game, you'll get a unique code that you enter when you install that game. You'll have to connect to the Internet in order to authorize that code, and the code can only be used once. Once you use it, that game will then be linked to your Xbox Live account. "It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like," Harrison said.

So the console needs to be connected to the internet and a code authorised in order for the game to work. Unless you have the internet, you cannot play games on this system.

"It sits on your harddrive and you have permission to play that game as long as you’d like,"

Permission to play eh?

Anyone here going to buy this console still?

Source: url=http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

so if you have multiple freinds who want to play the game they would have to pay 60 bucks each to play a quick game. they might just wanna try it out at their house but no they have to pay

So the console needs to be connected to the internet and a code authorised in order for the game to work. Unless you have the internet, you cannot play games on this system.

Source: http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

I'm pretty sure that's being misread. You need to be connected for the code to be authorized when you go to authorize it, and after it is authorized it's fine. More like a Steam thing than a SimCity 5 thing in that context.

Source: http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Oh, it's not always online, but you do need to have an internet connection to use it. Alright, yeah, no, good job, A+, good show. You convinced me, Microsoft. 

If you wanna play your Xbox One game at a friend's house, I hope you're prepared to carry this huge thing around with you in your bag!

loln9uk8.png

EDIT: Why the heck are Microsoft so confused themselves on this?? How can their answers be so inconsistent??

Edited by SuperLink

There answers aren't inconsistent. The only Microsoft outlet that are saying the used game fee is bubkes is the Microsoft Support twitter page. All of the other official Microsoft statements are saying that it will, and Harrison even specifically outlined what it meant.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like there isn't a fee actually. EG's interview also says games won't be locked to a single account.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-21-xbox-one-second-hand-games-will-charge-a-fee-to-play

SO scare tatics then from the other sides? or just plain chaos?

God should've waited a day before jumping into this thread, its all too hetic right now.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like there isn't a fee actually. EG's interview also says games won't be locked to a single account.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-21-xbox-one-second-hand-games-will-charge-a-fee-to-play

This update uses that old Xbox Support tweet as it's source.

Kotaku's source is Phil Harrison.

I think I know which one I'm more inclined to believe.

SO scare tatics then from the other sides?

Since when does the Vice President of microsoft work for Sony or Nintendo?

Since when does the Vice President of microsoft work for Sony or Nintendo?

The irony is Phil used to work for Sony.

• Thumbs Up 4

So he's a double agent. Crafty.

It's sabotage. Like when Bernie Stolar left Sony, then was put in chage of Sega of America and drove the Saturn directly into the ground pretty much on purpose.

• Thumbs Up 2

So that's why Sonys' stock increased.