Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

I don't believe that, although people did buy Kinect, it was all that popular. If it was, it would have had far more developer support.

Can you think of any games that actually used it in a really quality way? Even Wiimote Plus and PSMove had quality games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can you think of any games that actually used it in a really quality way? Even Wiimote Plus and PSMove had quality games.

I could hardly navigate menus with the Kinect, I don't think quality is possible.

So here's a thought. Say someone gets an xbox one and does the whole installing games thing as required, what happens if the account they're tied to gets banned like they can on the 360? Surely there must be some kind of recovery for them but what with everything being discovered today I don't know what to think!

I don't believe that, although people did buy Kinect, it was all that popular. If it was, it would have had far more developer support.

Child of Eden and Gunstringer. Ummm and the Dance Central games, I guess (yes I enjoyed DC1 and 2!).

I think that depends a lot more on what Sony does than what Microsoft does. People bought Kinect, but people still didn't buy Zune.

Well, they have a huge advantage just by doing absolutely nothing if Microsoft hasn't backpedalled by then.

E3's going to be insane this year. Nintendo will try to save the WiiU with their most acclaimed franchises, Sony's got the final PS4 reveal incoming + a shitload of games to show (including a few third party surprises) and Microsoft now has to convince people to choose this trainwreck of a system over those two.

So here's a thought. Say someone gets an xbox one and does the whole installing games thing as required, what happens if the account they're tied to gets banned like they can on the 360? Surely there must be some kind of recovery for them but what with everything being discovered today I don't know what to think!

Remember how people were saying "this is exactly what an EA console would be like"?

Yeah.. if you're banned from one Origin game, you're banned from all Origin games. This system is EA's dream come true, because it sounds like the whole thing works like that.

2001_a_space_odyssey_hello_dave.jpg

"Hello Dave, you need to connect your console to the internet Dave. Dave, I won't ask you again, connect your console to the internet or I will have to do something terrible....and put some pants Dave, it's not normal playing video games in your underwear Dave."

NOOOOO

Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't. There's no reason that they'd have to do it, now; since buying a game on the One effectively means you are renting it on their terms. Plus, as Superlink points out, other similar systems don't give you any return if it happens.

Assassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs coming to Xbox One
New IPs and digital titles also in development for first year
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407923/assassins-creed-4-watch-dogs-coming-to-xbox-one/

Next-gen Xbox Live details: Background downloads, skill tracking, 1000 friends
New Live is 'more powerful, more personal and more intelligent," says MS
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407982/next-gen-xbox-live-details-background-downloads-skill-tracking-1000-friends/

Destiny confirmed for Xbox One
Bungie to show more of new game at E3 next month
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407997/destiny-confirmed-for-xbox-one/

EA Sports Ignite Engine trailer teases next-gen FIFA, NFL, NBA
Publisher shows off target footage for next-gen sports sims
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408008/ea-sports-ignite-engine-trailer-teases-next-gen-fifa-nfl-nba/

Xbox One: Expanded achievements system captures gameplay videos
Record, edit and share gameplay
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408034/xbox-one-expanded-achievements-system-captures-gameplay-videos/

Xbox One 'does not target the highest-end graphics', says MS engineer
New console pitched "more as a broad entertainment play"
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408068/xbox-one-does-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-ms-engineer/

Xbox One 'does not target the highest-end graphics', says MS engineer

New console pitched "more as a broad entertainment play"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408068/xbox-one-does-not-target-the-highest-end-graphics-says-ms-engineer/

This one is particularly interesting, it practically confirms it won't be like the PS4 or modern PCs in power.

I wonder how close (or far) it is compared to the Wii U?

This one is particularly interesting, it practically confirms it won't be like the PS4 or modern PCs in power.

I wonder how close (or far) it is compared to the Wii U?

PS4 doesn't have highest end graphics either. One is probably going to compete very closely with the PS4 in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 2

PS4 also doesn't have highest end graphics. More like mid-range PC, at best. One is probably going to compete very closely with the PS4 in that regard.

Hm, really? Why did they need to point it out at all then, considering consoles typically don't see the PC as a competitor?

That'd be like them making a point to say the 360 or PS3 weren't "highest end graphics" simply because they weren't PC-level.

Maybe it's just me, but the games shown for it didn't look PS4 level anyway.

New Live is 'more powerful, more personal and more intelligent," says MS

xqefEH.jpg

It's starting. The end of humanity is almost here.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't understand. What does this part mean?

donmattrickmitc.gif

"Hello Dave, you need to connect your console to the internet Dave. Dave, I won't ask you again, connect your console to the internet or I will have to do something terrible....and put some pants on Dave, it's not normal playing video games in your underwear Dave."

The fact we've had the last 24 hours makes this the best week on SSMB.

Does anyone else think this is going to go down as potentially the biggest PR disaster in gaming history?

Does anyone else think this is going to go down as potentially the biggest PR disaster in gaming history?

Naw, honestly wouldn't go that far.

I think EA have done worse in the last 6 months.

No, their have been far FAR worse disasters in gamings' history. this adds to it but by far no means worse of all time. 

Also, couple things that slipped through the cracks:

VE6N7Mth.jpg

External PSU, HDMI video only and HDMI/Optical audio only confirmed. Buy up stocks in a company that sells DAC boxes.

Edited by Tornado
Oops, wrong topic.

i mean atleast sony showed games all they did was TV and SPORTS only gameplay we saw was CODG and we all know COD was not the best example they could have gone with