Awoo.

I R Retired

Roarey Raccoon

Hiya, Roarz! I got back from UK just now (1 week England, 1 week Wales), so I did not hear about this until now. I just wanted to thank you for being the awesome raccoon that every forum should have, and obviously also for helping every staff member through difficult times and protecting us for all this long. I am sure I speak for pretty much everyone when regarding that. You will certainly always be remembered.

You resigning has been brought up by yourself a few times, so I should not be surprised that you finally feel the need to step down. I doubt any of us wants to see you do this, but I know that you must have felt this way for some time, so I just wish to say thank you for everything from a staff perspective, and I hope we can chat again at some point. Throw me a PM or a conversation on Skype anytime!
  • Thumbs Up 7

We didn't talk much, but I always remember you being on top of things during the mid-2000's period.  Although back then, I remembered you being very blunt and very firm.  But as you said, you sort of needed to be that way during that time period.

Anyway, it's sad to see you go, since you do a good job at what you do.  I hope that you'll find a successful life outside of the staff, and best of luck in all your future endeavors.

But Roarz!

Now whose going to make members so mad that they'll write a rap in your honor!

/old SSMB is old...

P.S. there are forum members here who wern't born yet when you first registered.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though I'm still a newbie, I find this pretty touching. I regret to say I don't know you at all, so I'm not gonna pretend I do and then start spouting bullshit about how good you've been, because that's just lame and half-assed. However, I do wish you luck in wherever you go and whatever you do next.

Seeing as I'm one of the faces you probably don't know, I'll just say good luck and I hope you enjoyed being a mod.

Edited by The Crash

Good luck Roarz.

When I think of you, I always think of those really nice Tails pictures you sometimes use as your avatar, and that really cool banner with four pictures of Tails on it.

You are the true Tails of SSMB.

812743-tails12.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I sure remember your influence around the the 'Great SSMB Server Wipe of 09' and was an fan of your SSR show as well. I am not one of the closest peoples you have met on here but I know how passionate you can be in regards to this place. 

Thanks for your service, we appreciate what you did for the forum and other related ventures.

I don't really wanna drag this response out so here it is, in condensed form:

Thanks for all you've done for SSMB and I hope that things work out for you. 'Cos you're great.

I think everyone here knows that this site and community wouldn't have made it through those older times you spoke of without you and the rest of the staff at the time. It's been so long and even I remember how confrontational the boards were in many threads (and how I participated in it, heh), and that was after you guys had already weeded some of the bullshit out. I too recognize very few faces here, but it's a welcoming environment all the same. I'd just like to say that back when I was more active here (2005-2009), I always looked up to you as someone I could trust, confide in, and look to for guidance, and I of course always enjoyed tuning into TRZ. I'd like to talk to you and catch up someday. You're a really interesting and honest person who knows what he should be caring about, and the world needs more of people like you.

On a lighter note, now this usergroup is that much cooler! biggrin.png

But Roarz!

Now whose going to make members so mad that they'll write a rap in your honor!

Oh my goddd

Is that archived anywhere? I can't even remember any of it it was so long ago.

I've been here since 2006, so I know who you are. I change my name on a regular basis and have changed it loads even since when I first joined here (with a fancharacter avatar and signature to boot). I've definitely noticed your presence hasn't been as strong around here, especially as of late - but like all good things people move on. I don't really know you all that well but perhaps that's a good sign I never got into any trouble haha.

Best of luck in your future :)

Been a member since 2006 (lurked a lot before then, tho.), and reading this actually bummed me out quite a bit. You have put so much heart and effort into this little site and I have nothing but respect for you because of that. This fan site and forum would not even exist or be as spectacular as it is without you. We all owe you thanks.

Funny how, back when I was a silly little teen brat, that I kinda loathed ya just for different viewpoints lol. I like to think that I matured just a smidge because of your influence. Thanks for keeping your cool way back when I wasn't.

But anyways, gonna miss seeing ya with that Admin banner, bro. Take it easy, amigo :)

Edited by \gunther

I'm a pretty new member, having only been here for over a month. I only first saw your activity with the Sonic Stadium last night when the new banners were being uploaded.

Reading your post, it's incredibly clear that you have put tons of time and effort into making the Sonic Stadium into what it is, and I'm sure that didn't completely disappear when the forum was wiped. In fact, the message board being a lot calmer now than it was then had to be due to the work you and the other staff members put into making the forum a good environment for people to discuss the Sonic franchise.  

Though I don't feel that I have had the experience to appreciate it as much as members who have been here longer, thank you for the work you've put into the forum. I wish you the best in your retirement, and with whatever comes your way in the future!

You'll be back nobody can never really separate from this place, it always has a way of drawing people back. Enjoy your retirement though.

I remember the days of your tyranny, harsh times. you kept this place in line with an iron fist and I remember the daily bans, God it was like Retro's "Shark Week" all the frickin time. I remember me and a friend of mine Bolt7 (used to be Lightning89) had monthly MSN/WLM convos about what new thing you were up to back during 2006-2007.

Then our Genesis Wave happened, and the SSMB world we knew was reset. Your right in a sense that it was the wipe that calmed things down but we also knew that while quiet, you were still here, lurking. then sometime after 2011 we started getting an influx of new members and leavings of old members which changed the order here a bit and the staff were shown capable of handling things without Iron Fist Roarz anymore.

You really mellowed out though in that time, it was weird to think that this was the same guy who was a tyrant years ago but we didn't know how bad the wipe effected you though. sounds like you got pretty crushed man, explains allot.

Roareye Raccoon, You did make a legacy of yourself here not a very pleasant one but a legacy regardless, it weird to think your just a member now. but now you can just enjoy this place as a member and not as a admin.

You still have 1 thing left to do here Roareye, Stick around, See this age off, See what the future has to bring...

Edited by goku262002

Seems a shame that you lost something personal from the wipe. I had no idea.

But this is not goodbye, right? You said you'll still be around. I can't help but worry when major changes occur, makes me think there could be serious personal problems hidden within. But that's just me and I'm rambling.

I've not really had the pleasure to speak with you in the past, but I've always known you as part of the SSMB team, keeping order when it's needed and sticking up for the staff when required. Not to mention being terrifying when your wrath descends on a poor unsuspecting fool. I already have a little homage to you, that most had already seen, but I'll show it again for this occasion. smile.png

roarz.png
  • Thumbs Up 1

Roareye Raccoon, You did make a legacy of yourself here not a very pleasant one but a legacy regardless, it weird to think your just a member now. but now you can just enjoy this place as a member and not as a admin.

You still have 1 thing left to do here Roareye, Stick around, See this age off, See what the future has to bring...

Ahhhh

Some things never change...

• Thumbs Up 2

And now, I feel like we've totally lost someone...a bit...

You know what I mean.

Man, Roarey, I feel like without that hardass at the top watching around the place occassionally, this place doesn't feel right. You kept this place ran tight, and much of the members who've stuck around kinda carried that with them, but with changing times I guess we can't press you to keep doing something you feel out of place around. I joined right in the midst of that shit period in 2004-05 when things seemed to REALLY get chaotic, and I'm amazed at how long I've stuck around and became attached myself.

But hey, at least you can get a break from all the admin duties, right?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Seems a shame that you lost something personal from the wipe. I had no idea.

But this is not goodbye, right? You said you'll still be around. I can't help but worry when major changes occur, makes me think there could be serious personal problems hidden within. But that's just me and I'm rambling.

I've not really had the pleasure to speak with you in the past, but I've always known you as part of the SSMB team, keeping order when it's needed and sticking up for the staff when required. Not to mention being terrifying when your wrath descends on a poor unsuspecting fool. I already have a little homage to you, that most had already seen, but I'll show it again for this occasion. smile.png

Haha, you drew me?

thankyous_zpsf7510e64.png

Seriously though, hadn't seen that before, nice one XP. Thanks for the replies peeps, can't believe none of them are abusive, wowz!

• Thumbs Up 4

Ya, always gotta have respect for the old guard, been around for about a year now, and this place has always been pretty fun, but it wouldnt be this way without your work before the wipe. It proably would have gotten worse without a few stern hands.

Well guess this is thanks, even if its not farewell, as its hard to get away from here for too long

Ahhhh

Some things never change...

You really expect me of all people to change? lol thats a good one.

Thanks for the replies peeps, can't believe none of them are abusive, wowz!

Were all past it now. anything you did is pretty much water under the bridge at this point, can't be mad at a guy if most of the bad history and the members who remember it are gone now can we? smile.png

Seriously though, hadn't seen that before, nice one XP. Thanks for the replies peeps, can't believe none of them are abusive, wowz!

I can go back to thinking your one old religion topic was a personal attack on me for asking for prayer when I was first diagnosed with cancer back in '08, if you really want, ahaha. u r meaniepants

Naaaaah but 4realz, gonna miss seeing ya with the red banner. Heck, it already feels quite odd being on semi-equal status with you of all folks :P

Edited by \gunther

Been around since '06 myself, and although we've never really crossed paths, I've always admired and respected the work you and the other staff have put into this place over the years from afar. If it weren't for you and the rest of the staff, the forum may have died out long ago.

Plus I'll always remember the "Fartiste" badge you gave me after the "dress up Tails" thing we had on here back before the wipe. It was touching, in it's own weird way, and I cherished it for the time that I had it. XP

Edited by Inferno

I joined a day or two before Sonic Adventure DX was released on the GameCube, so it's been over 10 years. I never did post as much as I would have liked, and the most I got up to was over 500 posts, in the 2003 incarnation of the board. I, too, remember how chaotic and turbulent this place was before you stepped in. Thank you for all you've done.

I know we never talked much to each other one on one, even though I've been bumming around since '05 Roarz, but you've definitely always been a giant role model for me here on the site. It's extremely safe to say I probably wouldn't even have half the head thats on my shoulders today without learning from you in discussions, handling situations, not giving fucks about being wanting to be yourself, and hell just being a super awesome person in general. I guess I never thanked you for that, so thanks man. I know I'm starting to sound like it, but I know you aren't like going away forever just yet, but thought it'd be a good time to tell ya how great of a leader you've been around here.

Hope your next chapter in life on the internet and such is great though dude, <3.

I think I joined just a couple of weeks before you became a member of staff, so yeah, this was odd to read. I always felt you did what you had to do for the board, and despite laying down the line, I thought you were still fairly approachable when you weren't locking threads.

I think its the multiude of XP's I'm going to miss most though...

• Thumbs Up 2