Awoo.

Sonic Logic

InfinityAlex

-Sonic can survive in space but not underwater.

-Sonic can run faster than the speed of sound, yet there are several enemies able to keep up with him.

-Man made cities appear in the classic games, yet Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Robotnik and a few others are the only signs of organic life we ever see.

-The two Sonic's are kindly dropped off at his birthday party after defeating Time Eater, but the Eggmen are stranded in White Space.

List yours!

Edited by InfinityAlex
  • Thumbs Up 3

• The GUN truck can stick to walls
  • Why are there loops and corkscrews on highways?
  • Why isn't the GUN truck on the aforementioned highways?

This wasn't really a serious list, I just realised that the GUN truck is what the highways were obviously built for. 

Edited by The Fourth Doctor

-Sonic can run faster than the speed of sound, yet there are several enemies able to keep up with him.

-Man made cities appear in the classic games, yet Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Robotnik and a few others are the only signs of organic life we ever see.

I believe in regards to the first one, just because he "can" run faster than the speed of sound doesn't mean he always does.  You don't want to run at max speed all the time, because that will just wear you out.  Don't get me wrong, it's still a little ridiculous that enemies can keep up with him, even at the speed he does normally travel, but you know... gameplay and all.

As for the latter, I chalk that up to those lifeforms being nonimportant.

One thing that's always bothered me was the wayany kind of gun, be it bullets or lasers, always cause aliens to explode into a green mess, while it only mildly incapacitates humans.  The same logic applies to anything from explosions of any size or form of causation to flat up being stabbed in the face.

Also, the fact that real life bats don't have a face even remotely like Rouge's probably makes for some pretty misleading fantasies.  But then, real life echidnas have anteater noses, where as Knuckles doesn't, so... I guess it wouldn't be the first time they modified a real life animal beyond any distinguishing feature.

Edited by Akito

(Note: this is with a pre-Rivals and it's future backstory for Nega mindset)

The Sol counterparts of Sonic and Tails are similar, but mostly different to them. The Sol counterpart of Eggman is an out and out repaint with a cliché "evil-me" Nega suffix.

Remember...no lists. Although this topic DOES have some discussion value, so maybe edit the first post to encourage discussion over listing. I'm clearly not a mod though, just pointing it out.

It's a blue hedgehog for crying out loud. I don't see much logic in that. wink.png

Then again, if we are looking at the smaller things, I always wondered how Eggman/Tails could lift their entire body mech in SA2 when they grabbed onto one of those vertical hook rope things.

Edited by Robotgamma

You remember the first encounter with Robotnik in Adventure, right? Where Sonic gives him the name Eggman. I've never understood why everyone else suddenly calls him that too, especially Knuckles, who refers to him as Eggman in the beginning of his story, long before meeting Sonic and Tails.

Yes, I'm aware of it being his name in Japan to begin with, which I really don't care about in this case.

There needs to be logic in order to say there's logic in the first place.

To be fair though, I don't play Sonic for logical answers, I play it because I like speedy blue hedgehogs.

@Johnny Boy92

They all conferred to call him Eggman forever before the events of Adventure, obviously.

You remember the first encounter with Robotnik in Adventure, right? Where Sonic gives him the name Eggman. I've never understood why everyone else suddenly calls him that too, especially Knuckles, who refers to him as Eggman in the beginning of his story, long before meeting Sonic and Tails.

Yes, I'm aware of it being his name in Japan to begin with, which I really don't care about in this case.

I always thought that scene implied that Sonic and friends had been using that nickname for years, much to his bemusement.  I don't think the scene established that as the first canonical instance of the nickname's use.

But that same scene does raise an interesting question.  Why does Robotnik introduce himself to two people who clearly already knew him?  I mean, sure they had to find some way to fill in uninformed players, but he talks like it was the first time he'd met Sonic and Tails.

Just sounds like he's monologuing really, or maybe it was seen by Sonic Team as a small reboot? I'm not sure.

Just sounds like he's monologuing really, or maybe it was seen by Sonic Team as a small reboot? I'm not sure.

I don't think it could have been the latter, considering Tails' line "You're always up to no good; now what do you want?" and a line by Robotnik in the Super Sonic arc which entails that they've been through this enough times.

In any case, monologuing or not, there's no coherency in the dialogue.  But then, as I posted in the unintentionally humorous stuff thread, the dialogue in both Adventure games often comes off as incoherent, sometimes to the point where the characters don't even respond to what is being said to them.

Edited by Akito

Why does Robotnik introduce himself to two people who clearly already knew him?  I mean, sure they had to find some way to fill in uninformed players, but he talks like it was the first time he'd met Sonic and Tails.

Dude's an egotist. He probably said who he was just to reaffirm "this is the awesome dude you're messing with for X years". In other words, stroking his own dick.

Okay then, what about the president in Adventure 2, or even Robotnik himself? I don't think the president had ever met Sonic or Tails before that. Also, every human character in the first Adventure calls him Robotnik.

GAH! My brain hurts. ;_;

There is some logic in Sonic breathing in space but not water. Maybe their bodies are built to be able to breath any substance that is not "liquid"-y or solid.

There is some logic in Sonic breathing in space but not water. Maybe their bodies are built to be able to breath any substance that is not "liquid"-y or solid.

Except there is no substance in space to breathe, so it's not too different than inhaling a bunch of water.

Edited by Akito

Sonic dies whenever he's out of Super form in most games while in space, yet in Unleashed he's perfectly.....ok game.

Except there is no substance in space to breathe, so it's not too different than inhaling a bunch of water.

What I meant was that they can't breath in an environment filled with a substance to... "solid". 

Sonic dies whenever he's out of Super form in most games while in space, yet in Unleashed he's perfectly.....ok game.

And all the characters can breathe in space perfectly fine in SA2. Logic people, logic.

I always assumed that the outside of the ARK had some sort of airlock barrier thing around it? In meteor hard and Mad Space you can see it, and in Cosmic wall, Final rush and Final chase there ARE platforms, so maybe there is some sort of "air"?

With regards to Robotnik/Eggman and the human population, he's an evil villain I'm sure he is pretty well known around the world for people to know him, and the president probably used his real name as an almost respectful gesture

The fact that all of the events of Sonic 06 were retconned, yet for some reason Blaze seems to remember Crisis City in Generations.

Some things are obviously plot holes that were never explained, but we know the reasons if we are in the community like we are. Such as with the Robotnik and Eggman thing, of us knowing that Eggman was the original name and Robotnik was here. If you weren't a fan of the series like we were, this fact would not really be noticable and people would all call him Eggman now without another thought.

The same goes with why in Adventure and in the comics, you can't show Sonic in his classic form and Amy in his classic form that often anymore. We know its because Sega wanted to push the newer style and didn't want to go back to the classic style, which of course they did finally do in generations. But this was why, even though we see in Sonic CD, the running with Amy is in a different style, they have their modern forms in the cut scene in Sonic Adventure 1.

Sonic is a blue hedgehog who can outrun supersonic jets. Think about that.