Awoo.

Sonic Boom West - Orange, California, September 14th

Tani Coyote

You know what? Give me a donation link and I'll send some money for this / future ones.

So I'm looking over the budget for this event so far.

Shayne has purchased a 20 dollar tab for all members... so that's 400 there. I presume renting the actual room is at least 100, so 500. I've spent about 100 on prizes to give out... and I can't imagine what she's paying for her prizes and goodies.

I'm guessing we're looking at at least 700 in the first year... small, but hey, it's a start!

Let's not even touch on the personal expenses for people getting there... it sounds like some are flying in! It looks like at least one attendee is actually coming from the UK for this...

You know what? Give me a donation link and I'll send some money for this / future ones.

I've contacted Shayne on Facebook; hopefully she'll have a link for me shortly so I can share it with everyone here.

No fan in the East has the resources to do something like this, at least not to my knowledge.

I find that strange with how much wealth and people are located in those parts...

But I guess that's what the super power of teamwork is for! Unless you're Bill Gates, trying to go it alone is a fool's errand; one needs networking and amigos to get these sorts of things off the ground.

My hope is that if Boom West is successful, it encourages those in the East to try their own as well. And since a move east is likely next year, hopefully it will definitely encourage those in the Midwest.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Anyone got contact details for the main organiser I want to interview him for TSS and at the same time it will end up giving him a ton of free publicity.

Anyone got contact details for the main organiser I want to interview him for TSS and at the same time it will end up giving him a ton of free publicity.

Given that I'm serving as the PR guy between the Stadium and the event for now, I've acquired Shayne and Lidice's Skype names and forwarded them to you via PM.

I hope this interview is enjoyable by all sides!

I think I can speak for the whole Boom West team when I also give enormous thanks for giving us this opportunity; it'll go a long way towards helping the cause!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh wow! I didn't expect that we're receiving so much support from you guys! Thank you!

Hello, this is Angelidia. One of the organizer for Sonic Boom West. Thought I should pop in and check this thread out. It's been a long time since I last visited the forum. I should come here more often. ^^u

I will say I have been completely overwhelmed by all the responses and support we been getting so far. I wanna say thank you to everyone so far and we will not let you guys down as we move towards the future for an even more awesome event next year!

But I guess that's what the super power of teamwork is for! Unless you're Bill Gates, trying to go it alone is a fool's errand; 

But... I am... Bill Gates. ph34r.png

-Screams at self for living in Massachusetts-

Oh well... perhaps I shall find the means to go should this happen again.

Next year's likely to be much, much bigger the way things are looking, too!

I'll definitely be recommending that future events be either during Spring or Summer break; it seems school is a common inhibitor to attendance.

In the meantime... time to train my politician abilities. I mean that in terms of having to whip up quite a large pool of donations. While Shayne, Lidice, and to an extent myself (and I'm sure others) have put in a fair deal of resources... it's still a drop in the bucket compared to a large gathering a la SOS or Boom. I'll definitely be doing a lot of fundraising in the coming years...

Alright, I was recently in a discussion with Shayne on the event.

Some information was discussed and... it turns out there's a REALLY special surprise planned for the event for all attendees.

Now the sad part; I can't tell you what it is! It is wonderful though, and I encourage all who haven't committed to going to really give it a go now, more than ever before!

Also: It's something that neither Summer of Sonic nor Sonic Boom attendees have gotten.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Alright, I was recently in a discussion with Shayne on the event.

Some information was discussed and... it turns out there's a REALLY special surprise planned for the event for all attendees.

Now the sad part; I can't tell you what it is! It is wonderful though, and I encourage all who haven't committed to going to really give it a go now, more than ever before!

Also: It's something that neither Summer of Sonic nor Sonic Boom attendees have gotten.

Oh man, I'm tempted, really, but fuck.

I'll look into it.

Oh man, I'm tempted, really, but fuck.

I'll look into it.

Jurupa Valley is right next to it!

I think you might actually be closer to the venue than the organisers themselves are.

Besides the freebies, there's free food, games, etc. and just overall a chance to have a good time... definitely try and make it if the schedule lines up. smile.png

• 3 weeks later...

The Boom West team are proud to announce that we have compiled a schedule of the day's events.

1:00pm - Meet and Greet plus food
Music provided by DJ Ear
Picture slideshow

2:00pm - Videos, Socializing & Gaming period

3:00pm - Trivia Contest
Game host: Tanner Bates

3:30pm - Prize giveaways & more videos

4:00pm - End

The number of going has increased and I'm hopeful all who attend will have a good time. Bear in mind this is just the 3 hours inside the reserved room with space for 20; guests are welcome to come earlier and leave sooner. I myself will be arriving at about noon to help the other staff members set things up. smile.png

Obligatory plug that there are secret and super secret goodies for attendees. Alas, I cannae talk about them!

Edited by Boss Ogilvie

Received word from Shayne that there's yet another special announcement planned for the end of the event. I know what it is, but as usual, I can't tell you. tongue.png

There will also be a special pre-Boom West edition of the Sonic R Show tomorrow on Sonic Radio from 6-8 PM Pacific Time (9-11 PM Eastern Time; 2-4 AM Greenwich Mean Time). Depending on when I get to California I may or may not be in attendance myself.

Anyone who is attending, I wish you the best of luck in winning a trivia contest entry! I look forward to testing your knowledge. biggrin.png

Oh my goodness.

It's two days from now.

This week been busy for me, I didn't realize it was THIS Saturday. I am not going to it, and yet...I feel some strange sort of hype for it. It's weird in my case. Whatever the case, I doubt there will be a livestream of this. But have fun anyway as this is a good jumping point (if you will) to see if the fans can really pull this off.

This week been busy for me, I didn't realize it was THIS Saturday. I am not going to it, and yet...I feel some strange sort of hype for it. It's weird in my case. Whatever the case, I doubt there will be a livestream of this. But have fun anyway as this is a good jumping point (if you will) to see if the fans can really pull this off.

I will try and record what I can!

We will most likely have photos and film recorded by a professional who doubles as a fan. smile.png

In particular I will see if anyone would be willing to record the trivia contest, simply for the hilarious faces that will surely result from some of my questions. I... really picked some curveballs for this one.

I too really hope it does well. If this succeeds... well there we go. We've proven that maybe, just maybe, America could have its own Summers of Sonic.

Yes, that plural was intentional. We're too big for just one.

Edited by Boss Ogilvie

Alright, that's a wrap! I'm on my iPad so sadly can't share much, but I'll have a computer tomorrow. For now, highlights!

-About fifteen folks showed up!

-everyone got along great, a key element. There was some intense debate going on!

-Many of the planned video presentations fell victim to technical difficulties but we carried on regardless.

-Trivia contest went awesome even if I accidentally mixed up the score at the end! Year one errors!

As for goodies....

The raffle put a Pop Sonic figure, Sonic 20th anniversary book, and Sonic/Amy poster to three lucky attendees. All attendees received special custom buttons and posters courtesy if the Sonic Show! Also courtesy of the Sonic Show, a great gift: A recording of Crush 40's SoS 2012 performance!

Now, our special announcement....

It is tragic to report that Sonic Boom West has been officially dissolved.

...and much better to report we have decided to expand into Sonic Revolution, a much bigger event to be held next year!

More details another time....

Edited by Boss Ogilvie

Sonic Revolution eh? So it's clear this isn't a one time thing. 

Something tells me that whatever this 'Sonic Revolution' is, it's probably going to be more than just a meetup ala Sonic London.

Heh, Sonic Revolution, I like the sound of that, sadly couldnt make it this year(at school in arizona), but you never know what the future may hold

The logo for Sonic Revolution was sexy. The food at the event was death-worthy. I would have killed someone for their chocolate cake. Which nobody had. But I would have if someone had asked for it!

People were super talk active. It was fun! I LOVED THE MUSIC. O:<

Sonic Revolution? I like the name. Props to whoever came up with that.

Fifteen people? Not bad! smile.png  

Edited by Robotgamma

Sonic Revolution? I like the name. Props to whoever came up with that.

Fifteen people? Not bad! smile.png  

It filled up the meeting room so it was a good turnout. I attended the event too. Everyone was great and talkative. We even had one person in cosplay as Metal Sonic. Her costume was great and even lit up in the eyes and chest. I wasn't expecting any freebies so the poster, album and button were a nice surprise (I already have the poster hanging on my closet door). The only friends I have that are Sonic fans are online (except when I meet up with Alex twice a year) so meeting other Sonic fans was great. I won the trivia contest too and got a rare UK Sonic paperback novel. 

My only regrets were not bring my 3DS (big mistake as everyone else brought theirs) and getting lost on the way there because the dang 57 freeway has two Chapman ave off ramps within 5 miles of each other. XP

I've volunteered myself to help put together next year's event. In 5 years time, I want this to be as big as Summer of Sonic!biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

If this can grow to SoS levels in five years time Sonic Boom will be really redundant then haha.

Not going to lie now; I too want to see a fan-run Sonic convention in the U.S. now. With that said, it's probably going to be held in one place/area every year but hey.