Awoo.

Ultimate Super Sonic Stadium Fighter Turbo HD Remix

DocAzure

Like I said in the status updates I think that if this does get off the ground we should all voice ourselves. Now of course we'd come up with our own lines but the 11th Doctor for example could say "Geronimo" after he does an air combo or something. I could say "You may be a doctor. But I'm the Doctor. The definite article you might say." whilst entering a battle against the 11th. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There are a good number of people in the community who are fine with programming as well as art, but if something like this did manage to take of it'd have to be quite the community effort considering it has no outside appeal (because who other then SSMB members will want to play as SSMB members?).

Dare I say it'd make a fun little flash game or something?

Perhaps there's an existing game we could simply modify?

Edited by Polan

Like I said in the status updates I think that if this does get off the ground we should all voice ourselves. Now of course we'd come up with our own lines but the 11th Doctor for example could say "Geronimo" after he does an air combo or something. I could say "You may be a doctor. But I'm the Doctor. The definite article you might say." whilst entering a battle against the 11th. 

Does that mean I'll have to voice my character with his voice? My throat is already killing me.

Does that mean I'll have to voice my character with his voice? My throat is already killing me.

You could always use a different voice and say that he was doing it to disguise himself as a hero? 

I was just thinking. Have you guys heard of M.U.G.E.N? The fighting game that lets you use your own characters? Maybe we could use something like that to get an actual fight of sorts going?

EDIT: Hmm... thinking about actually photoshopping these character battles... give me a moment.

Edited by TheCakeMiester

I was just thinking. Have you guys heard of M.U.G.E.N? The fighting game that lets you use your own characters? Maybe we could use something like that to get an actual fight of sorts going?

Yeah, that thought had occurred to me, but it takes quite a bit of work to create a fighter.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm getting an idea already.

Y'know those different series icons in Smash Bros? Like, Yoshi has this:

yoshi.gif

and Mario had the Mushroom icon and whatnot?

Yeah... I think I'm gonna do an icon to symbolize every game in the main Sonic series, and the person's favourite game shall be their icon... if that makes any sense. Hopefully you catch my drift... *opens Photoshop*

That's a brilliant idea or instead of just every Sonic game you could personalise it to each character. So I'd have an outline of a scarf or a jelly baby, the 11th could have a bowtie (or a fez) and Phoenix Wright could have the objection bubble outline or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

You could always use a different voice and say that he was doing it to disguise himself as a hero? 

Sure, I'll make Donald put a Batman and make him talk in a very gritty way. That's  how I always imagined The Duck Avenger would speak. Because it's not a character I made up. It's something created in Italy back in 1969. I'll think of something constructive, though.

Edited by Duck Avenger

Sure, I'll make Donald put a Batman and make him talk in a very gritty way. That's  how I always imagined The Duck Avenger would speak. Because it's not a character I made out. It's something created in Italy back in 1969. I'll think of something constructive, though.

To be fair it was in comics. That means that there isn't a definite voice for him, he could've been putting on a voice all this time. And I didn't mean like Batman.

This thread needs a theme song~

What's that? You don't like combo-based fighting games? Fine.

Anyway, I'm sure some of these characters probably exist for M.U.G.E.N. already, so we might not have to make them all from scratch, if we are ever going that route.

And unless I get changed I don't think my voice would be fitting for Yoko, nor would I be able to do a good Yoko impression lol, If we're talking about doing our own voices. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 5

To be fair it was in comics. That means that there isn't a definite voice for him, he could've been putting on a voice all this time. And I didn't mean like Batman.

Oh, I  got it. But that's a trivial point, isn't it? We still have to think about the basis. Would you put special moves and a special move bar? Or put a rage system, like in Tekken games?

I was thinking we could make short bios (Like, a couple of sentences for our character) and make REASONABLE stats such as Strength, Agility, Combo ect... and our own 2nd character pic like you have done for Crusher and Phoenix Wright in the select screen image like this:

v2gnmIH.jpg

And voice acting would be really cool.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, I  got it. But that's a trivial point, isn't it? We still have to think about the basis. Would you put special moves and a special move bar? Or put a rage system, like in Tekken games?

He said we could throw around ideas, he didn't say that they had to be the basis. Anyway I'd prefer a special moves system over rage systems because I believe it's fairer and they also look much flashier.

EDIT: I just thought of an amazing idea for my character, he could use his scarf like Scorpion in MK (except not violently.) He could wrap it around someone to pull them in for more combos.

Edited by The Fourth Doctor
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, just throw anything up, be it stage ideas, or a character roster addition or change.

I was thinking on stages, and I had an idea.

THE THRONE ROOM

In the background, Dreadknux is sitting on a throne made out of copies of Sonic 2, surrounded in Sonic merch, watching the fight.

SERVER CENTRAL

A VR themed level, with various avatars and posts flying across the screen in the background.

• Thumbs Up 7

I was thinking we could make short bios (Like, a couple of sentences for our character) and make REASONABLE stats such as Strength, Agility, Combo ect... and our own 2nd character pic like you have done for Crusher and Phoenix Wright in the select screen image like this:

v2gnmIH.jpg

And voice acting would be really cool.

Solkia: This character is shit, don't pick him

• Thumbs Up 8

I've been thinking about something I could use as a long range weapon...

FEZ.png

Let's fuck some shit up, mop.

As for stages... I've not got much of an idea, I'm going to think about some now.

• Thumbs Up 1

WHY AREN'T I IN THIS?! I'd be happy to draw profile pics, but I'm not very good with sprite work. Seriously, someone needs to take all the characters out of mugen and replace them with SSMB members. I'd happily fit into Sonic or Mega Man's slot. As forstages, we could have:

SSMB Stadia

FromASloth's Profile Page

Status Update Arena

TSS Bulletin Board

Edited by InfinityAlex

Some alternate costume ideas:

• Me and the 11th Doctors could wear our previous Doctor's clothes.
  • Dr Crusher could have Eggman's costume instead of Robotnik's and Homem could have Eggman Nega.
  • Phoenix Wright could have Miles Edgeworth's clothes.
  • The Engineer (I can't remember your name sorry) can have the BLU team's colours

Feel free to add more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stage: Sonic Discussion

The fighters must dodge flame wars (in the form of fireballs crashing onto the stage), and banhammers, in the form of hammers crashing down onto the stage. In the background you see various SSMB members hitting each other with the boxes of various Sonic games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If we were to have a rage system (or something like X-Factor from MvC3) it should be called "Flame shield" because y'know forums and all that.