Awoo.

Sonic Lost World @ Gamescom

Zavok the SpinningSilver

The wisp controls have the potential to be irritating, but the jury is out on how they work as a whole. If laser is the only bad one I can deal. 

*watches the new vids*

Yup, looking at this game from multiple angles, I.E. the game's special attention to the little details that matters like Sonic's skating, the rings getting stuck on the giant snowball that helps the immersion and Sonic's hidden parkour techniques for speed running.

To making the Badniks feel like they are genuine threats with each individual Badnik demanding a different take on to defeating them in the most optimal and quickest way possible instead of just being randomly placed fodder to ruin your run like in past games. (Like what Sonic Heroes' enemies were striving for, but actually done right this time around. It's a definite step up from the Unleashed era bots as well)

To the variety and content this game holds which makes the game look like everything but monotonous such as Windy hill's zones themselves compared to each other, compared to Silent Forest's as a whole from what we've seen, it utilizing Mii verse in a sensibly useful and potentially addicting manner with interesting co-op and possibly the return of SA2B's 1v1 racing.

To a technical standpoint such as consistent 60fps and a seemingly well polished game without you having to actually fight the camera for dear life anymore.

To, from what we've seen and what we've experienced from Sonic Colors and up, believable cutscenes and nothing like, well...this

tumblr_m5cpmqsDD71rr2g16o6_1280.png

(still holds a special place in my heart, however smile.png)...

...I honestly think we really got a great Sonic game on our hands. I really can't find anything objectively wrong with this game. I mean, no unnecessary motion controls to move Sonic unintuitively, no 10-15 min long stages with senseless repetitive combat every 20 seconds, actual seemingly challenging aspects, no abundance of automation and thinks of gameplay and exploration first and foremost while still maintaining a great sense of speed. I mean, am I missing something here?

What about the sometimes excessive amount of unneeded dashpads?

• Thumbs Up 1

GameXplain has uploaded a couple of hands-on videos.

The new Windy Hill act:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k-T5QoYSxA

And the entirety of Frozen Factory 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jenO6NRqXjY

• Thumbs Up 8

Lol I love how played the Frozen Factory snowball level so much better than the producer at Sega did, despite the fact that he probably hasn't played it much at all.

So there are Goal Rings in this game too. Didn't expect that to be honest.

Pretty nice footage. The Indigo Wisp looks like it'll be a little bit of a pain to use on the first go though.

What those snowmen are alive this must be a new enemy and a dancing snowball ha ha that was classic

SO MUCH NEW STUFF!!! I'm really like the looks of that ice level is reminds of twinkle snow, And DAT music uh so glorious.

He's so upbeat, I want to beat him up. (Laugher)

I thought that was Sonic saying that, but looking at how Zor's laughing I guess it actually is him...

Given how Dan Green was often handed all the roles back during his tenure as a member of the cast, maybe Roger's getting the same treatment? Always cheaper to ask one of your current cast to do a character than hire a new guy for it.

I do hope that Zor's voice is better disguised in game though, otherwise any cutscene between Sonic and Zor will be hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 6

Frozen Factory act 1 reminds me a lot of super mario galaxy and im perfectly fine with that

I don't know what other people think, but I am incredibly excited with the classic badniks returning.

It's the fact that they have picked the more obscure ones, like cluckoid from Sonic and Knuckles.

Brings back so many memories of triggering Debug Mode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F2n-Hw5DP4

When it's live, the quality won't be the best because... the quality won't be the best. The drop in framerate/choppy actions when he transforms into the Wisp, that is not my doing, that was in the raw footage I got given...

Stand by for Frozen Factory Act 2.

Will be live in 16 min assuming the upload doesn't fail.. again.

I really hope this isn't old, I did a search but couldn't find it posted before.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ugh, that video quality is shocking, didn't think it'd look that bad. Might upload it again... but then again might not. If anyone wants to buy me a laptop that can render videos quickly at HD go right ahead.

Frozen Factory Act 2 is next, this should hopefully be a lot better (quality wise).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Kq1nXvFg

Should be live in around 10 min.

• Thumbs Up 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F2n-Hw5DP4

When it's live, the quality won't be the best because... the quality won't be the best. The drop in framerate/choppy actions when he transforms into the Wisp, that is not my doing, that was in the raw footage I got given...

I really hope this isn't old, I did a search but couldn't find it posted before.

The footage looks fine on my end, though there's no bgm. Do you know why?

Oh by the way, also got footage of the 3DS versions too, but I really don't want to waste time rendering/uploading those. If you want em, Sega Press vault.

But when you go, you'll see why I couldn't just upload the file as it was. Theres a clause attached to using it.

The footage looks fine on my end, though there's no bgm. Do you know why?

Sega didn't want it on.

Not my doing, they're just on the Sega Press site so I downloaded them. Theres one video for the Wii U which shows frozen factory, Silent forest and windy hill.

Then 2 more for the 3DS.

I think some of the footage there was shown at SoS, although this seems to be the fuller version.

Second video should now be live... oh hey, the bombs from Star Light Zone are back.

It's live now. And it looks glorious.

Ivory Lightning guys. I call this guy "Shortcut the Game Changer." I mean, it blew through the opening part of the stage like nobody's business!

Just saw this thread, and just watched the trailer for the first time. Can I just say, wow. It looks soooo good, and so polished. All the different modes look amazing. (Especially the 2 player co-op and versus)

I am now like 100x more pumped for this game. I hope they finally found the right formula for quality/speed and the new gravity affect in the zones.

On a side note at first when I heard the dubstep music playing for the trailer I was kind of dissapointed, but then it started to change into a more sonic-esque feel which was awesome. Very excited for this game's music.

It's live now. And it looks glorious.

Ivory Lightning guys. I call this guy "Shortcut the Game Changer." I mean, it blew through the opening part of the stage like nobody's business!

I can see it possibly giving you access to other paths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo7_-QqG8Uk

Woun, I assume this is your channel the vid comes from right, this full footage? Thanks a lot!

Well, this looks fantastic. Zazz caught me off guard in the Windy Hill Zone 4 footage though:

"Here's that little punk. I've been dreaming of pounding his sorry blue butt!" Oh Zazz, what are we gonna do with you? This gets me thinking though. Maybe the Deadly Six will say stuff in the background during all of the acts, like Eggman did with the PA announcements in Colors?

EDIT: Fixed, after hours of laziness.

Edited by Spinning Silver
  • Thumbs Up 1