Awoo.

Sonic Lost World @ Gamescom

Zavok the SpinningSilver

...Spring Stadium Spider, is that you?

S3dssbadnik2.png

Wish I could see the face more clearly, but the coloring and style of the legs instantly made me think of that little guy.

Nah, it's something entirely new:

Z9W19HB.jpg

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why are we even talking about Sonic Adventure 2?

Yeah... Gotta admit... That escalated quickly, but back on topic, at first I thought those Spiders were actually Grabbers, nice to see SEGA is working on new Badniks, and that ALL of the Badniks are doing new stuff instead of simply repeating their Genesis attacks like in Generations... Now If the Motobugs chase us at some point in the game, my life is complete.

anyone notice at the gamescom windy hill footage the snail blasters seem to roll at sonic making him fall of the stage

anyone notice at the gamescom windy hill footage the snail blasters seem to roll at sonic making him fall of the stage

Those aren't snail blasters, they're angry sheep and they're not rolling, they're charging.

You mean the snail blasters can rool after him too? Interesting.

Either that's the case, or you're mistaking them for the red sheep.

EDIT: AAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDD Espio'd!

Edited by Spinning Silver

“He’s so upbeat, I wanna beat him up.”

I thought Sonic was saying that, not Zor.

You mean the snail blasters can rool after him too? Interesting.

Either that's the case, or you're mistaking them for the red sheep.

I don't know all I saw was red and if it was sheep it was a gauntlet of them and I loved that 6 sheep standing on top of each other like a house of cards

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

Oh mah gawd....the game looks HARD!

THANK YOU SONIC TEAM! I CAN NOW ACTUALLY LEARN TO PLAY A SONIC GAME AGAIN AND APPLY WHAT I LEARN!

Yeah I scratch what I said about Sonic Adventure, that was a bad example. But about the whole taking itself seriously= Plot holes, its mostly because they decided to give a really big story on this one, Shadow's past, Robotnik's plans, Sonic's escape, Knuckles' reason to even BE there, and with that, some plot points kinda have no explanation, like, what's Robotnik's plan? Blow up the Earth? Why?! What happened to Shadow? Gerald said Shadow would be his revenge, as if reprograming his mind... Shouldn't he be on prision island? How did he even added the whole ''Falling on Earth'' thing on the ARK if he's supposed to be under arrest RIGHT after he finds out Maria's dead?

These are some of the things I don't think were explained in the game, at all, and any theories are just... Well, theories, not stuff from the game itself, all because the story was trying to be big and taking itself seriously, and up to this day I dont even know what ending should be canon, since SEGA said the Hero ending is canon, but the Final Story is obviously right after the Dark Ending.

Eggman threatened to blow up the Earth in order to force the world leaders to surrender. He outright stated this. It's obvious enough that the Hero Story is canon (as Sonic would be dead otherwise and Eggman takes the real emerald in both endings anyway). As for what exactly happened with Shadow's past; I've not followed the story for a while but his memories are rather unreliable, so it's difficult to say what is or isn't the truth. I think people worry far too much about this detail of the story, though. At the end of the day, taking itself seriously at times is not what caused any confusion.

I still found the story overall to be straightforward enough that it enhanced my enjoyment of the gameplay, and that was what mattered to me most. But yeah, I'll stop there since this is an LW topic. =p

• Thumbs Up 1

I've seen the trailer and gameplay, and I have happened to love what I saw. This game looks cool! Man, I can't wait for October to come around! I wonder what they'll show off next when they have the next chance?

I don't know why, but I'm hearing a bit of the GB/GBC version of Ecruteak City in Frozen Factory 1.

Besides that, I like what I'm seeing. Multicolored Sonics for multiplayer is...kind of lame. but nothing I'll lose sleep over.

Edited by Jetronic

If the recolored Sonics, are for Multiplayer, then I hope SEGA adds scars to Green Sonic's chest, and a jacket and sunglasses, so that we can have a Scourge the Hedgehog cameo in this game. 

If the recolored Sonics, are for Multiplayer, then I hope SEGA adds scars to Green Sonic's chest, and a jacket and sunglasses, so that we can have a Scourge the Hedgehog cameo in this game.

I can guarantee that they won't.
  • Thumbs Up 3

You know In actually made that joke on the Sega Forums. It's probably the closest we'll get to having Scourge in the games.....good, keep the comics the fuck out of the game universe.

• Thumbs Up 2

No Scourge please.

So let me get this straight...for multiplayer the second player can use a robot piloted and voiced by Tails...or a different colored version of Sonic. What the hell SEGA? You have so many characters you can use (three of which are IN THE GAME) and you use some lame robots instead of them? This is so stupid...

They probably just want to find out what characters everybody's okay with. I don't mind Tails, Knuckles and Amy being playable, but please keep Shadow, Silver, Blaze and everyone introduced after the classics from being playable in the main series games. Critics won't mind having ol' Miles, Knux, and Rosy playable, I'm sure. 

No.

I'd prefer it if the comics and games stayed completely separate.

Too bad. The comics seem to be merging the two together along with the Genesis universe for one unholy clusterfuck.

As for the games... nope, nuh uh. Never gonna happen. Take it from a fellow Scourge fan, it will never see the light of day.

They probably just want to find out what characters everybody's okay with. I don't mind Tails, Knuckles and Amy being playable, but please keep Shadow, Silver, Blaze and everyone introduced after the classics from being playable in the main series games. Critics won't mind having ol' Miles, Knux, and Rosy playable, I'm sure. 

Shadow, Silver and the other post classic characters  somewhat seems tolerable, but what's wrong with Blaze? Critics liked her too...

I don't see what's wrong with some of the new characters...personally I'd love to play as them again. An update/DLC for the game which includes un-lockable characters would be good. They don't have to even be much different than Sonic is. For example:

Tails: Isn't as fast as Sonic is on foot, but can fly in the air at high speeds and reach items/locations that others can't/

Knuckles: About the same speed as Tails;Can glide, climb walls, and punch/ground pound enemies.

Amy: She's the slowest, but can pull off various combo moves with her hammer both on the ground and in the air.

I'd like to see Shadow and Silver as well, though it's unlikely. 

After SA2, Shadow just wasn't a good character. No character development after.....Sonic....06.....and nowadays, he's just there. I don't mind him being in the spin-offs, that's fine, but the 4 originally protagonists should be the focus of the series, especially Sonic and Tails.

I'm guessing they'd think it'd be unbalanced thanks to the lack of homing attack, but then again the kick move really smoothens that up.. They could always replace it for Knuckles, Tails and Amy with homing spiral punches/tail-swipes/hammer-swings, and then give them their own abilities for midair jumping. Otherwise they'd control exactly the same and I don't see why you can't just play as them. Its really that easy to think up.