Awoo.

Sonic Lost World @ Gamescom

Zavok the SpinningSilver

Head to head racing in the actual levels?

Holy shit, reminds me of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. THOSE MEMORIES!!!!

You did it SEGA, you finally did it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Head to head racing in the actual levels?

Holy shit, reminds me of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. THOSE MEMORIES!!!!

You did it SEGA, you finally did it!

Except in Sonic adventure 2 you had 4 unique character, each with their own special things and here you can only have badly recolored Sonic clones.

But the fact that multiplayer is even there is a good thing in itself, of course.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shadow, Silver and the other post classic characters  somewhat seems tolerable, but what's wrong with Blaze? Critics liked her too...

Critics says a lot of things but they'll still lump her in with the 'shitty friends that needs to die'. Nowadays they seem to only accept Sonic and maybe Tails. I'm still hoping that Knuckles and Amy are even in the Wii version.

Edited by sonfan1984

*Colors

colors was the sonic simulator it was like a blocky 16 bit area, it had the same designs as past sonic stages but they weren't the actual levels themselves

colors was the sonic simulator it was like a blocky 16 bit area, it had the same designs as past sonic stages but they weren't the actual levels themselves
Okay, then Sonic Heroes. Same themes, same designs.

Okay, then Sonic Heroes. Same themes, same designs.

the last time we had multiplayer in 3D was sonic 06 but only 7 levels were playable, it's an instant fuck you once the person playing as sonic uses the moon jump to skip the level entirely

the last time we had multiplayer in 3D was sonic 06 but only 7 levels were playable, it's an instant fuck you once the person playing as sonic uses the moon jump to skip the level entirely

I found simply booting up Sonic '06 to be an instant "fuck you". :P

• Thumbs Up 4

"YOU'RE GOING HOME IN A BAWX!!!"

He's right, the game will be going to homes in a box. What did you think they were gonna do, put it in the cardboard slip?

I'm really liking all of the variety this game has. They're really putting a lot of content in this one, and that's awesome.

Well...that was unexpected. They go to the trouble of giving the majority of the old badniks a chibi makeover, but they turn cute little Ball Hog into a tough guy.

Edited by Pawn

The hidden areas in this game remind me of the Donkey Kong Country bonus levels.

Which is a good thing.

Reminded me more of those secret entrances in the NSMB games. Forgive me as I haven't played the DKC series.

Speaking of which, the more stuff from this game is revealed, the strong I can see the Mario Galaxy similarities. I recall the Sonic Dimensions rumor that said the game was being co-developed by Nintendo (developers). Considering how much else SLoW fits the bill with the Dimensions rumor, I wouldn't be too surprised if this actually was the case. Then again, it's a TSSZ rumor, 94% of the time they are BS, and all of these similarities could be mere coincidences.

Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing, since the Galaxy duology are two of my all-time favorite games, and I had a lot of fun with NSMB and it's Wii sequel.

Edited by Yeow

Liked what I saw for the most part. Disliked the snowball gimmick stage, didn't care for Windy Hill till it got to 2D. Loved the idea behind the Asteroid Wisp very Donkey Kong country returns. Liked the look of Frozen Factory, and found the music charming, and Silent Forest looks to be a blast.

Love that Shields are coming back as well, I love how versatile the support mode is looking to be. Too bad about the recolored Multi-player character mode though.

I'll echo that the variety is fantastic. Something tells me the rep could have finished the Snowball stage with a little more finesse. It didn't seem very hard to control.

Rep got greedy more than a few times on that snowball run. I'm not too worried about it. From a conceptual standpoint that is an utterly fantastic stage.

Assuming this game goes the route of Colors with the "throw the player a curveball" extra stages, I have to say I am really liking what I am seeing so far. The creativity and effort being put forth is great. I'll take rail stages and snowball courses over that Colors sidescrolling spring trope any day.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did anyone catch what Z...Za....the emo villain was saying? I couldn't even understand him wacko.png

He's so upbeat, I want to beat him up. (Laugher)

*watches the new vids*

Yup, looking at this game from multiple angles, I.E. the game's special attention to the little details that matters like Sonic's skating, the rings getting stuck on the giant snowball that helps the immersion and Sonic's hidden parkour techniques for speed running.

To making the Badniks feel like they are genuine threats with each individual Badnik demanding a different take on to defeating them in the most optimal and quickest way possible instead of just being randomly placed fodder to ruin your run like in past games. (Like what Sonic Heroes' enemies were striving for, but actually done right this time around. It's a definite step up from the Unleashed era bots as well)

To the variety and content this game holds which makes the game look like everything but monotonous such as Windy hill's zones themselves compared to each other, compared to Silent Forest's as a whole from what we've seen, it utilizing Mii verse in a sensibly useful and potentially addicting manner with interesting co-op and possibly the return of SA2B's 1v1 racing.

To a technical standpoint such as consistent 60fps and a seemingly well polished game without you having to actually fight the camera for dear life anymore.

To, from what we've seen and what we've experienced from Sonic Colors and up, believable cutscenes and nothing like, well...this

tumblr_m5cpmqsDD71rr2g16o6_1280.png

(still holds a special place in my heart, however smile.png)...

...I honestly think we really got a great Sonic game on our hands. I really can't find anything objectively wrong with this game. I mean, no unnecessary motion controls to move Sonic unintuitively, no 10-15 min long stages with senseless repetitive combat every 20 seconds, actual seemingly challenging aspects, no abundance of automation and thinks of gameplay and exploration first and foremost while still maintaining a great sense of speed. I mean, am I missing something here?

The only downfall that I can think of is that there's no online with the WII U's VS mode. A sad missed opportunity but the pro's are too abundant to overcome that.

Edited by StriCNYN3
  • Thumbs Up 2