Awoo.

Sonic 3D Blast PC No Music

baba_944

I get the sound  + intro (which has music & sound). If it is the xplosiv version how can I add music to the game?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• baba_944

• JezMM

• Place

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there! As the owner of some three copies of 3D Blast PC (which actually was my first exposure to the franchise), I can tell you that it's probably a plugin error. The game was released to be played on Windows 95, 98, and to a lesser extent, Millennium. The installer is crucial to the performance of the game. I take it you're running Windows 7? This could help, it did for me with all of my old PC games.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-windows

Be sure to adjust color resolution and system preferences to the accordance of the game, however with Sonic R and Sonic 3D Blast's xplosiv PC releases especially, the Direct X plugins needed to properly run the game could be far out of date. I don't have much else to say beyond that, but I hope it helps in some way!

OK I checked the system requirements, change the compatibility to Windows 95, checked the boxes for 640 X 480, checked 256 resolution. Could I just manually insert the music? That's my favorite soundtrack.

Edited by baba

This is a last resort option if nothing else works, but if you get a Stereo Audio cable like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/FPUK-Metre-3-5mm-Stereo-Electronics/dp/B001D8I668/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377018919&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+cable you can plug your mp3 player (assuming you have one) into the back of your PC while playing and it'll come out of your speakers.  Sonic 3D has pretty long levels so you wouldn't need to cue up the music too often.

Edited by JezMM

So that's what they are. I have a bunch of them lying around. Can I hook it up my 3DS (my "MP3" player) with it?

Edited by baba

So that's what they are. I have a bunch of them lying around. Can I hook it up my 3DS (my "MP3" player) with it?

Yep, anything with a headphones port can be plugged in.  Plug the other end into the line in (blue) or mic port (pink) at the back of your PC (should be next to your speakers port (green) and see if either works at all.  For me on line in port, they usually play through just fine without me needing to set anything up (though for me, it plays through oddly quietly... you may need to use Volume Mixer in the bottom right corner to lower Sonic 3D's sound down to match the music's volume, then turn up your speakers super loud to get a good effect (just remember to turn them back down after you've finished playing lol - this may be doubley necessary since the 3DS' max volume is pretty feeble).

Hopefully you'll find a real solution that fixes the game, but hope that helps if not.  If you do decide to go that way let me know if you have any troubles with getting the sound to come through, I'm happy to help.

Edited by JezMM