Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Preorder DLC

Victoes

Apparently, there's more pre-order DLC to be announced. 

http://www.sonicparadise.net/2013/09/habra-mas-dlc-para-sonic-lost-world.html

Sega México

HE'S AT IT AGAIN!!!!

Also. The DLC/Deadly Six edition is exclusive to retail, it's not on the digital versions.

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/372795143109496832

I'll be disappointed if the Sega of Mexico DLC isn't a radio controlled flying Sombrero.
It'd have to be a Pikachu in a Sombrero as a callback to the Project Needlemouse teasers though, of course :P
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll be disappointed if the Sega of Mexico DLC isn't a radio controlled flying Sombrero.

I for one expect it to be a free pizza with every pre-order.

Anyone remember that? When the Mexican Sega community manager randomly announced that if people turned up to Sega Mexico the day before Sonic Generations came out, they'd get a free pizza?

Completely missed a trick when I was writing up the news article earlier - just noticed that the Black Bomb is described as a Color Power. As in, the American spelling. Unless SEGA are just being lazy with their advertising, I'd say that pretty much confirms these extras are going to show up in the US somewhere too.

Is this ShopTo only, or is it with Deadly Six Edition?
Only ShopTo are advertising it so we can assume it's exclusive to them unless we hear otherwise.

I heard that it comes with Deadly Six edition. Can't remember where I heard it, but I do remember hearing it. I think it was SEGA Mexico who said it would come with Deadly Six Edition.

I heard that it comes with Deadly Six edition. Can't remember where I heard it, but I do remember hearing it. I think it was SEGA Mexico who said it would come with Deadly Six Edition.

In Selected stores/retailers, yeah.

Edited by Zeena

I don't think it'll really make much difference either way to be honest - ShopTo are one of the cheapest and most reliable retailers offering the Deadly Six Edition, so I imagine many people would be pre-ordering from them anyway. The fact that you can get a couple of extra bits of DLC as well is just the cherry on top of the cake, even if it does end up being available from other retailers too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the Black Bomb Wisp can only be obtained through Miiverse sharing.

I've also heard that you can unlock it for permanent use by completing the NiGHTMARE DLC, but I don't know whether that actually rings true or not. We'll find out in a couple of weeks I guess!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've also heard that you can unlock it for permanent use by completing the NiGHTMARE DLC, but I don't know whether that actually rings true or not. We'll find out in a couple of weeks I guess!

Yeah I heard this too at some point, I wonder if it's true?

Yeah I heard this too at some point, I wonder if it's true?

I can see the benefit of it, but it would also kinda defeat the purpose of having to share on Miiverse to get it in the first place seeing as most people will have the first print copies and therefore the Deadly Six Edition with the NiGHTMARE DLC.

Well, aside from those who buy the game digitally, I guess. But I imagine most people will go for the retail version seeing as you get extra stuff with it.

I think the bomb wisp as a pre order bonus is an indication that the bonus comes with all Deadly Six Edition copies, as the description for Deadly Six Edition does mention an exclusive Wisp usually only obtainable through Miiverse.

I think the bomb wisp as a pre order bonus is an indication that the bonus comes with all Deadly Six Edition copies, as the description for Deadly Six Edition does mention an exclusive Wisp usually only obtainable through Miiverse.
I think that's actually what we were just talking about - namely, that you can unlock the Black Bomb Wisp by clearing the DLC. The 5 Black Bombs on offer from ShopTo still seem to be a standalone thing.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like GameStop is getting a different DLC actually if you read carefully - there's no mention of the Black Bomb, and it's a Sonic Omochao, not a golden one. Wonder what that will look like!

Looks like GameStop is getting a different DLC actually if you read carefully - there's no mention of the Black Bomb, and it's a Sonic Omochao, not a golden one. Wonder what that will look like!

Snap, it does say Sonic Omochao instead of golden. I only noticed that the Black Bomb wasn't mentioned.