Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Preorder DLC

Victoes

I actually like the Sonic Omochao (as creepy as it is, admittedly). I wonder if it's one-time-use only though...it'd be cool if it and the golden Omochao were unlimited compared to the normal one.

Also, what's the difference between the Omochao we saw in the TGS trailer, the golden one, and the Sonic one? Like, what do they even do? I got from the trailer that he would be used as some sort of weapon like the rest of the RC's, but what's so different about these ones?

It's weird, the golden Omochao gets a description that isn't informative at all ("A chao-tastic way to help out Sonic!"), but the SONIC Omochao is specifically stated to help you collect Rings. Who knows what the normal one does, unless it does voice overs for the hint system when you activate one.

I think the NiGHTMARE DLC  code is included with the game, and the retailer exclusives are either in a receipt, or via email.

I was told it was on my receipt.

Ok... Sega hasn't done this yet (outside of Sonic Dash). But... can anyone see Sega actually having Extra lives as being microtransaction/dlc if they're actually having a 25 life DLC pack?

That would be disgusting.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Man there sure are a lot of reactions to this sonic omochao, I don't even really find him creepy, he actually looks pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Extra lives won't be a microtransaction.

....Who the hell would think that would happen to be honest?

It's obvious that a Sonic Generations type store may be returning where you can use your rings to buy stuff.

I said this before in a reply to a status but I'll say it again.

What if the 25 lives, instead of adding 25 lives to your counter, made the normal amount of lives (usually 3-5) to 25(by normal, I mean the amount that you get after a gameover/starting the game up for the first time).

25 lives? Fucking really?!

Calm down, Mr. Fenix. It's a tad ridiculous, yes, but it's not like they're forcing you to purchase it.

Calm down, Mr. Fenix. It's a tad ridiculous, yes, but it's not like they're forcing you to purchase it.

Sure.) But yes, ridiculous is the right word. Soon they will be advertising some rings for pre-order deal xD.

Edited by ArtFenix

This would have been very useful in Sonic 06 and Unleashed.  

soniclostworldpreorder25lives.jpg

I wouldn't want to download this. I enjoy the challenge of not losing lives/getting game overs by learning (trial and error) and mastering the levels.

Edited by -Bender-

I'm going to assume the Omochao are not one-time uses but rather they just can't be obtained through normal means. Both the Black Bomb and the extra lives specify a number but the Omochao has no mention of "one" anywhere. Plus, think about it - if every time you wanted to play a level in co-op you had to build an RC vehicle in the 3DS version and transfer it over, that would be beyond annoying. I'm sure once you've transferred the RC to the Wii U version you'll be able to use it at any time, with each different one having its own different properties.

Or at least I hope that's how it works.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree, I'd be very surprised if the RCs weren't permanently available once made.  Exclusive RCs actually make a lot of sense as pre-order DLC and aren't even all that obnoxious.  Still, though, 25 lives.  That's fairly underwhelming unless it is the default number you get on restarting, which sounds unlikely.  It seems more like it's just an early boost.  I can only imagine it being useful if lives aren't actually all that commonplace.

Also how long before we get some stupid meme/mythos on the Sonic omachao like the tails doll?

Maybe they should just have made a Tails Doll Omachao RC.  It's even got a gem on an antenna on its head, it almost seems too obvious.

Edited by FFWF

Maybe they should just have made a Tails Doll Omachao RC.  It's even got a gem on an antenna on its head, it almost seems too obvious.

Who's to say we've seen all the DLC there is to offer yet? And for all we know, a Tails Doll Omochao could be an unlockable within the game itself...

Maybe that's why you need to collect all of the animals in the game - so you can feed their souls to the Tails Doll to appease its infernal mercy!

• Thumbs Up 5

This isn't directed at anyone personally here, but in general, I don't know why people are complaining so heavily about these retailer-exclusive pre-order bonuses. It's not as if you're not already getting the Deadly Six Edition - these come with that version, not instead of it - and frankly, they didn't even have to give us any pre-order bonuses at all. These are just free little extras on top of a pre-existing extra that you can get if you buy the game from certain places to entice you that little bit more for your custom. They're not going to be giving away awesome new levels or anything because then that would annoy those who get it from a different retailer. Sure, Omochao and a few disposable items aren't exactly the most exciting bonuses in the world, but they're only meant to make you think "oh hey that's neat of them to give me a little something more for my money" rather than "this is the ultimate best ever collector's edition of supreme awesomeness".

Heck, I've seen people complaining that we should have got playable Tails/Knuckles instead of the RC Omochao, and some have even gone as far as to imply that they've been excluded from the game because of this DLC. Fucking what?! If they were going to put two brand new characters into the game they'd have made it, y'know, a part of the actual game. Not retailer-exclusive DLC which is already on top of a special edition which comes with DLC.

You can moan about how awful Omochao is or how pointless 25 extra lives are 'til the cows come home, but if you're gonna take it that seriously then you're really coming off as ungrateful. And if they offend you that much? Pre-order the game from somewhere else that doesn't offer any extra extras, and theoretically get less value for your money.

While I agree that these aren't the coolest things SEGA could be giving away for free, I don't think people can really warrant getting so upset about them. Because y'know, they're free. If there's anything really exciting worth giving away as DLC, they'll make it paid, and make it available to everyone. First world problems or what?

Sorry about that guys, just needed to rant tongue.png

Well, to give a slight bit of justification on the lives DLC, most people probably assumed that you use it once and get 25 lives right there.

I'm kind of pissed about Amazon's bonus because when I read about the Omochao RC I got my hopes up that I wouldn't have to wait until I got the 3DS version to do the support mode

I hope they at least have a basic RC to start the game with

A good theory for these retailer specific bonuses is that it's a way for Sega to get said retailers to advertise the game.  Many retailers (cough gamestop cough) won't put up posters of a game unless it has retailer specific perks.  It's a sad reality of the modern world we live in unfortunately.  

Absolutely playable characters should have been in the pre-order bonuses! I wanted the Roof Tree legacy to continue with the Windy Hill Windmill as a playable character!

I can see the point in adding Omochao as DLC, if imagine you have to make gadgets in the 3DS version and transfer them over, this way, you can do co- op mode starlight out of the box if you wanted, it's a neat little bonus I think :)