Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Preorder DLC

Victoes

So I heard on the SEGA Forums that there's a rumour that if you pre-order the 3DS version, you get a code for the SEGA 3D Classics Sonic 1. I'm just gonna download the 3DS version, I don't need anymore Sonic 1's now that I have the TaxStealth version.

Just e-mailed EB Games Canada, and apparently they aren't getting the Deadly Six edition. Guess I'll get it from Amazon now.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I heard on the SEGA Forums that there's a rumour that if you pre-order the 3DS version, you get a code for the SEGA 3D Classics Sonic 1. I'm just gonna download the 3DS version, I don't need anymore Sonic 1's now that I have the TaxStealth version.

...that's it? No bonus Deadly Six Edition or extra levels? Just a code for one of if not the most ported game in the franchise?

I know we can't confirm that right now, but I'm honestly not surprised at this point. Still though, the feels...

So does anybody know if Australia will be getting the Deadly Six version of this game?

Not that I'm a huge NiGHTS fan or even feel like it's an awesome bonus (would much rather the exclusive stuff be Sonic related being a Sonic game and all. Why not have the D6 ride on top of eggman boss mech from older games; makes sense seing as in that released clip they seem to rebel against him and can control his badniks with their mind powers after he loses his.....shell....   -_-
Ok really? A genius with an IQ of 300 can't create a inhibitor collar or something?? A shell!?)

Tangent! - Tangent! I'm sorry.

Anyways Even though I don't have much interest in the extra stuff I do like to collect the special editions of Sonic things and I think the box-art looks cooler, but as much as I've looked I can't find any game stores carrying this preorder or even any mention of it at all.

Why should it have to be Sonic related just because its a Sonic game? The bosses are only re-modeled and slightly modified(...?)so the actual change doesn't matter too much. Also Eggman only has one Eggomatic. Eggman's 300 I.Q. doesn't really mean nothing when his lack of common sense or arrogance come into play. The shock collar would've had a remote button, which in the same scenario Sonic would have kicked it away and broke it.

Why should it have to be Sonic related just because its a Sonic game? The bosses are only re-modeled and slightly modified(...?)so the actual change doesn't matter too much. Also Eggman only has one Eggomatic. Eggman's 300 I.Q. doesn't really mean nothing when his lack of common sense or arrogance come into play. The shock collar would've had a remote button, which in the same scenario Sonic would have kicked it away and broke it.

It doesn't have to be, it just makes more sense. I'm buying a Sonic game why not have more Sonic content? If this is a main series game which it is that's the kind of stuff I'd expect. Something like All star racing having random dlc is more understandable.

So you're saying the eggomatic is the same inside all of Eggmans boss battles....so the fights would be the same? Somehow I don't see the Death Egg robo and the Egg Dragoon playing out the same had they used them instead for the Deadly six to take control of.

How many dog shock collars do you know that need to be remotely activated everytime the dog barks? Wouldn't make much sense for you to have to be there to shock the dog everytime it did something disobedient. That's why I said inhibitor collar. As in it inhibits the Deadly Six's powers, or if they try to use their powers they get shocked, same if they try to remove them. Would've been a lot more scientific seeming portraying Eggman to actually put to use that 300 IQ and made a lot more sense than just a shell.

I don't believe we're getting more levels, just six more boss battles.

It's been mentioned several times that we're also getting a single actual stage along with the bosses.

It doesn't have to be, it just makes more sense. I'm buying a Sonic game why not have more Sonic content?

It makes more sense to cater to fans who won't be getting any content from their franchise than just to shove more Sonic stuff into a game that's already brimming with references to older Sonic games.  Odds are we aren't going to be getting a NiGHTS game ever again.  So, Sonic Team saw the opportunity to give EVERYONE more content and to give NiGHTS fans an extra treat in the form of this DLC.  You don't have to be a NiGHTS fan to enjoy it, but if you ARE you get a little extra oomph out of it.

At least Sega's classic franchises are getting some screentime.  God knows they need it.

One thing I would like to know is if the Deadly Six edition DLC will be available for purchase on the eShop as actual DLC.

It won't be. Sega said on their official twitter that it would only be coming with boxed copies.

(Link for convenience: https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/372795143109496832 )

Edited by TheVGamer

It'll probably EVENTUALLY come as DLC.

No reason not to make some bucks off of it.

I'd agree if it was new bosses or levels or something, but it's literally boss reskins, I doubt they would take overly long to make, it's a present for the fans who are going to get it first (and arguably) at the most expensive price, rather than waiting for the price t drop or getting it from a secondhand shop

There's also a level.

We also don't know if these reskins are harder or what; I imagine they won't literally be simple reskins.

We are getting a new level, as well as new bosses. It's obvious since in the Gamescom trailer that showed off the NiGHTS bosses it looks nothing like the regular bosses we've seen that are part of only Lost World.

So I preordered this at gamestop but didn't ask if it was the deadly six edition or not (didn't want to bother the guys) so just to be safe is it certain that all of the copies are going to be the deadly six edition as a first print run or is that just an assumption after transformed did it (since it was the only one that actually did that) just wanna make sure since ive recently gotten into nights and I really like how this DLC looks even if it is just a re-skin.

Edited by megadude001

They said a new level, and bosses. Therefore I'm assuming we get one completely new level apart from the bosses.

Otherwise that's just stupid.

To be fair, from a marketing perspective the bosses could be counted as the characters themselves and the levels the arenas, it's stupid but I could see how they could spin it.

• Thumbs Up 1