Awoo.

Characters you don't want to return

Chaos Incarnate

The thing is, no character except perhaps Sonic has a strong characterization since everyone got bastardized from Heroes onward, so throwing in all the characters at once is just asking for a cluster of nonsense and frustration.

That would only be asking for it with the writers being downright bad at writing them. I'd say that bad writing was practically why Sonic Team went out and hired new writers in order to help clean things up. 

Not that it isn't a risk, but the point being that it's merely a gamble whether you throw in all the characters or just a few. It's not how many characters you right, it's how you write them; simply put, it's quality over quanity and and as there is no set rule for how to utilize characters, it doesn't matter if you start with a few or the whole cast when you can still put quality into them.

Now if it's to slowly re-introduce the cast I can understand it setting a foundation. However, given my length of time in this fandom, I'm far too cynical to believe that's what most people are thinking. It being said, I'm one who wants that grouping of "Classic cast" and "Modern cast" to be put to death and thrown in the incinerator for good measure, because I'm sick of how that categorization makes people gloss over the flaws of the former cast while accentuating flaws of the latter. So time will tell how much that lets up for me.

That, and the whole "Introduce slowly" deal hasn't really worked; the past few games have reintroduced Sonic, Tails, and Eggman and they still haven't brought focus to anyone else.

Now if it's to slowly re-introduce the cast I can understand it setting a foundation. However, given my length of time in this fandom, I'm far too cynical to believe that's what most people are thinking.

Personally, that argument was more for myself than anyone. I really doubt anyone has that same line of thinking.

I don't really care for the "Classic Cast" and "Modern Cast" myself. But I do believe a steady reintroduction is better than going for it all at once. Whether or not Sonic Team is even going to bother expanding beyond Sonic/Tails/Eggman is up for debate, of course.

That, and the whole "Introduce slowly" deal hasn't really worked; the past few games have reintroduced Sonic, Tails, and Eggman and they still haven't brought focus to anyone else.

To be more accurate, it's more of they haven't bothered trying.

Silver is an amazing character & is actual one of my top 3 favorite characters. Hes a telekinetic hedgehog from the future, who can controls shit with his mind & can create shockwaves of psychokinetic energy, hes nothing short of a badass..

Thanks for not judging Silver unfairly! Silver has great potential return game!
  • Thumbs Up 2