Awoo.

Post your dream game

Solid SOAP

What is your "dream game", that if it came out, it would pretty much be anything and everything you've ever wanted in a game or sequel to another game?

I have an idea for a Metal Slug 8 of sorts that may or may not get me flamed, but I'll say it anyway, pretty much a 5-10 hour-long Metal Slug game with fully hand drawn graphics ala King of Fighters XII. There would be completely animated cutscenes with a somewhat decent story, unlockable characters, levels, and mini-games, achievements, online play for 4 people at once, and a completely orchestrated/rock soundtrack with remixes of previous Metal Slug themes and music. After beating the game on the hardest difficulty modes (Which should be near impossible without friends to help you), you would unlock a sort of "God" mode where you have all the best weapons at your desposal, you'd be invincible, and you'd have the ability to make any 'Slug' appear right in front of you whenever you want, which would also be invincible. The game would still be ridiculously hard, but that mode would be a sort of "payback mode" for all of the trouble the game gave you before, and only true Metal Slug fans would be able to unlock it. It would be released on XBLA/PSN for 1200 points and it would be amazing, best Metal Slug game ever.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Patticus

• Blacklightning

• BlitzChris

• turbojet

Mischief Makers 2. 3D gameplay, same envioronment and graphical style, Wii remote controls for grabbing, shaking and throwing. Fully orchestrated versions of the original soundtrack along with some new tunes as well.

With some good level design and storyline, that's all it really needs. At some point I should flesh out my ideas a bit more for the game...

Oh, and also, Glover 2, which almost existed. =(

E-123 Omega: Revenge is mine.

Summary

Omega makes his way into Eggman's base, destroys all his robots and finally gets revenge on the doctor.

Gameplay

It is styled in the ancient way of-SHOOT 'EM UP REAL GOOD!

Seriously, shooting game. You get to switch betweens Omega's machine guns, lasers, flamethrowers and missiles. Kind of like droid-style gameplay in Star Wars: Battlefront II.

Edited by Fairfieldfencer

Online Virtual War.

You'd have a couple of games, each containing half the available character classes; A Tank Simulator, an FPS, a Flight Sim, a Helicopter Sim, an RTS etcetera. All would plug into this giant battlefield type thing, so people playing the FPS would be the soldiers on the ground, Flight Sim people would be the aircraft pilots (fighters, reconnaissance, transport), RTS people would be the important types giving orders and looking at the grand plan.

"Planetside did that!" I hear you cry. Well yes, it kinda did, but major flaw was that it required users to pay a subscription fee, and as an FPS... well, a lot of people - certainly most of the FPS audience - just aren't willing to pay for that when they can have really great first person times for free in many other games.

It could work though, it's a fantastic concept, but it would be difficult to marry the RTS with other genres as, unlike in RTS games, the units would be behaving on their own once orders are given (voice communication would be key), and not necessarily obeying your every order... although there could be certain safeguards to ensure orders are carried out, like certain bonuses or unlockables given out to good soldiers when orders are completed, so the RTS players commanding the armies would find the unlockables/medals/etc become available to distribute on their HUD, and they could reward players according to what's available, whatthey did and how well they did it etc.

There could also be punishments for soldiers who disobey or team kill, or turn out to be spies, like they'd become marked as an enemy on the radar, another squad could be tasked with locating and capturing him/her (stun weapons?) and bringing them back behind the front line to a certain location, if not eliminating them.

It could work though, it's a fantastic concept, but it would be difficult to marry the RTS with other genres as, unlike in RTS games, the units would be behaving on their own once orders are given (voice communication would be key), and not necessarily obeying your every order... although there could be certain safeguards to ensure orders are carried out, like certain bonuses or unlockables given out to good soldiers when orders are completed, so the RTS players commanding the armies would find the unlockables/medals/etc become available to distribute on their HUD, and they could reward players according to what's available, whatthey did and how well they did it etc.

Have you seen Savage? Empires? Those seem to have gotten the FPS/RTS idea down pretty well.

My ideal game would have to be the same as D'harhan, or a Necromunda MMO. One that is based on skill and not bloody dice rolls.

Edited by Pooshoes

I'm currently writing up a game design document of my dream game as part of my uni assignment ;)

But outside of complicated original ideas that would take far too long to describe, I would be very happy with just a Panzer Dragoon Saga 2, ta!

An all female fighting games with like, 47 fighters! Also half a million accessories, 600 costumes, beach volley ball, ect.

That would be awesome :)

I literally saw this game in a dream.

Basically, it was some 3D platformer with some character running around on a small planetoid a la Mario Galaxy, defeating small enemies, and collecting little star things. In fact, it WAS a rip-off of Galaxy. But then the originality appears; A menu pops up after he collected all the star things. On that menu, there was a 2D map of the planetoid, which was just a small square chunk of land. Then the stars that he collected appeared and transformed into another land chunk. Arrows appeared on the new land, suggesting that you could put it on any side of the old land. It was placed north of the old land, the menu closed and a cutscene showed the planet expanding. Then my dream ended.

It may not appeal to anyone who reads this, but it looked really neat.

Id just like a Panzer Dragoon Saga sequel.

Same gameplay and all that jazz, just on a new console (360 would be my choice as I don't own a PS3 and can't afford one) - with better visuals, larger environments to fly around/explore and perhaps a bit longer to complete etc...

OR another Elder Scrolls game. I love Morrowind and Oblivion is still my favourite game this generation and I'd love to see another one. More of the same stuff - but perhaps a refined combat system.

-Yeah my choices aren't exactly that original - but I see no problem with getting more of the good stuff ;)

The game is not yet titled.

The main character is an un-named very young average looking person.

You get to explore one of the biggest 3D environments in a video game to date. The environments can range from fairly normal looking, to bizarre and abstract, to down right nightmarish and scary, to calming and scenic.

The world is full of NPC's, each one more interesting than the last. Some friendly, some not-so friendly.

It's loaded with secrets and easter eggs that can only be seen by slim chance ( of course online websites would reveal how to see some of these secret things... ) ... a lot of them are pretty useless, but too interesting to pass up.

You can gain many different abilities... obviously the first ability would be a way to defend yourself... but other abilities that come to mind are the ability to swim really deep without needing any air, the ability to reveal the secret nature of certain objects and people, the ability to change your appearance, the ability to Fly ( 100% free unrestricted flight, none of that Tails/Kazooie/Only in this specific area crap ) and many more abilities. In fact... the object of this game is to get all the abilities in the game so you can... I dunno. Take on the boss or something.

It's probably obvious to anyone who's played the game ( not likely... ) but I took big inspiration from Yume Nikki. But the game lacked action, story, and a happy ending. I would like a game similar to Yume Nikki, but bigger, with maybe a small bit of dialogue... some action and fighting maybe... and a happier ending.

Other than that... my dream sequels would be Banjo Threeie, Mother 4, Kid Icarus Wii, and Skies of Arcadia 2.

My dream cross over is Super Smash Bros Brawl versus Jump Super Stars.

Wing Commander, a proper follow up to Prophecy, rather than Arena. Go back to the days where Wing Commander would require a screaming fast PC to run (think Crysis, only now you're rather lucky that games have multiple graphics modes), would work on new, somewhat experimental hardware (the originals set Sound Blaster as THE standard for sound cards- something like the PhysX architecture would be a good analogy to today), and have new cutscenes with the same great writing. You don't need live action actors again this time around, just let me plug in a joystick (or mouse, if needed) and run.

An RPG that plays like The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion but takes place in a 1:1 scale world of either the Forgotten Realms campaign or Middle Earth. Also a really good game in the Ravenloft campaign would be fantastic.

Dream game...

Heh that's an easy one for me. Don't even have to write up any concept or anything at all.

Dream game = Shenmue 3 nothing more and nothing less.

gtak.jpg

:lol:

But really mine would have to be Ristar 2. I loved the first game on the good old Mega Drive and is one of my faveorite games of all time, If a second Ristar games was made it would have to be in 2D and come out on the DS since I thin kthe format would be perfect for it.

Duke Nukem Forever. *ba dum tish*

But seriously now. I pretty much have two different wishes. Actually, D'harlan pretty much described one of them. In fact, I think I'm going to respond to it. I should probably mention first of all that a little known game (little known for good reason - it's generally crap) called Maelstrom did a concept like that too, albiet without multiple players to a single faction. You could crank out a big bunch of units, assign them to a hero unit, then take third-person-shooter control of the hero with the minor units following you as a bodyguard. Clunky movement and dreadful controls aside, it actually worked like a charm as far as the player involvement went. You could probably develop on that by throwing FPS players into the game as hero units and allow the RTS commander to take control of the minor peons instead. Perhaps while you're at it you could even throw in Rainbow Six squad control for the minor units accompanying a player hero to help add to the tactical depth of things.

As far as getting players to follow orders, you could simply penalize on XP benefits for completing tasks that weren't assigned to them. Say, you get normal experience increase by taking out an enemy squad marked for killing by the commander, but only half that for wiping out one that isn't marked. Obviously you'd have to take a different approach as far as the RTS side of things go - you would have to throw in an option to mark enemy targets NOT to kill, so as to guide stealth characters, for example, into not blowing their cover early if they spot a target. To make things interesting, you could also have more than one commander per faction - for example, in the early game when the faction doesn't have the resources to spawn a player-controllable hero unit.

That aside, another thing I've been wanting in a nutshell is a lengthy adventure-style game with the combat depth of a 1-v-1 fighting game, minus the 1-v-1 bit. Or failing that, a MMO which entails wandering around in a HUB world and randomly challenging people to encapsulated 1-v-1 bouts and lets everybody else in the area spectate for the hell of it. I guess I don't really know for certain where I want this idea to go really. I guess I'm just a little sick of the "traditional" fighting game dominance when there are potentially better ways to steer the genre in.

So essentially an 1V1 Fighter with MMO Style lobbies? Like DOA4? :P

Kidding, but an online fighting game MMO is an interesting idea, if fleshed out fully. Only thing holding us back is lag, you'd need some seriously gnarly netcode to pull something like that off with international players. I think it'd be cool though, I like that.

I don't think I could come up with just one "dream game" that'd fulfill all the things I'd like to see in a game...though one thing that would be pretty amazing is something like what Lando was talking about except as a MMORPG and the size of a planet.

One problem, though, with this being the internet and all, once one person finds something, everyone knows about it. The longer it exists the less secrets it can keep, and eventually it stops looking like some amazing uncharted territory and goes back to just being a game. Without the secrets, rumors, and plain old unknowns, exploring just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Something like LittleBigPlanet (a user-friendly level designer with endless options and huge online community), but a 2D platformer similar to the classic Super Mario Bros. games.

Creative, I know.

Edited by gunthetra

I don't think I could come up with just one "dream game" that'd fulfill all the things I'd like to see in a game...though one thing that would be pretty amazing is something like what Lando was talking about except as a MMORPG and the size of a planet.

One problem, though, with this being the internet and all, once one person finds something, everyone knows about it. The longer it exists the less secrets it can keep, and eventually it stops looking like some amazing uncharted territory and goes back to just being a game. Without the secrets, rumors, and plain old unknowns, exploring just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Well... how about if said secrets were eventually removed after a month or two, and new secrets were added in place? Of course this may only work for a PC game and would require updating every month.

The old secrets would probably be remembered in the form of youtube videos for newcomers.

An all female fighting games with like, 47 fighters! Also half a million accessories, 600 costumes, beach volley ball, ect.

That would be awesome :)

You are forgetting the story mode where you play as a girl who was once a man, and then the bad guys want to turn her back into a male. OH NOEZ.

Anyway, for me? A 2D platforming game with character customization, massively fun levels, and online play for up to 4-6 people would be great. The graphics would all be nicely done 2D HD animation and whatnot.

I would type more, but I'm at my Dads right now so my time is limited.

Either that or a rockingly awesome Sonic fighting game done with some 2D HD visuals. I'd love that too :P

Something like those Japanese-exclusive games such as Sexy Beach no. something.

Seriously, I'd like to see a Pokemon adventure game in which you control a Pokemon in a 3D platformer, instead of it being an RPG. Like Sonic the Werehog, except each Pokemon has separate moves, the enemies are more varied, the platforming is less frustrating, and the pace is a lot faster.

Banjo Three-ie please. and NO Nuts and Bolts does not come close.

Banjo Three-ie please. and NO Nuts and Bolts does not come close.

It's a sequel, the developers say it is, thus Nuts & Bolts is in effect Banjo Threeie. Just because you say it isn't, doesn't make it so.

It's a sequel, the developers say it is, thus Nuts & Bolts is in effect Banjo Threeie. Just because you say it isn't, doesn't make it so.

I used poor punctuation. Let me rephrase.

"Banjo Threeie please.

NO, Nuts and Bolts does not come close to my dream game."

*sigh* To avoid a pointless arguement, i'll substantiate my claim. A sequel to Banjo Tooie, like it in turn was to Banjo Kazooie, keeping with the same mechanics. I didnt believe N&B was that.