N-Revolution UK - 90

Zentendo - 90

Gameplayer - 90

Game Informer - 85

....Yeah

tumblr_m6n0k1fB0p1qjpwox.gif

I...I don't even....

I'm actually at a loss for words.

This is my opinion just hear me out it's Sonic Adventure i mean i love that game but i think that it's to over rated

Put me down for Sonic CD. For something that's been called the "greatest 2D Sonic game ever", it looks like just another classic Sonic game except with prettier graphics and half of the levels seemingly designed by newbies. Almost half of them are a chore to get through (Collision Chaos is excusable considering its level trope; the others have no such luck). Those levels are, in game order:

Tidal Tempest:

You liked Labyrinth Zone, didn't you? No? Well, here it is again. Yeah, thanks, Sonic Team.

Yeah, being the game's water level, Tidal Tempest is really slow and kinda bland. The best thing about it is the music, but that's about it.

Wacky Workbench:

Primarily because of those stupid bouncy floors. I'm pretty sure I touched on this in another post of mine about this game, but there's this one section where you need to head downward in order to proceed with the stage, but the floor just keeps bouncing you back up. This isn't fun, Sonic Team.

Metallic Madness:

First of all, it's dull to look at. Second, the level design is clunky. There;s not much flow to it at all. It's specially annoying when you're trying to speedrun it to unlock the D.A. Garden.

The Special Stages are just bad. The depth perception is remarkably poor; there've been plenty of instances when i swear I should've hit a UFO, but it just veers to the right or left of me as (I look like) I'm about to hit it. The many obstacles such as bumpers, spike traps, grass, and especially water don't help. Hell, even the things that are supposed to help you don't help. If anything they just screw you over.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, just not one worthy to be called the greatest 2D Sonic game ever.

Oh, and put me in the SA2 boat too, for reasons everyone else has already stated.

Lastly, Sonic Unleashed('s Day stages). After playing Colors, I didn't find myself enjoying this game nearly as much The controls are slippery and the level design substitutes challenge for throwing surprise bottomless pits at the player. It's just... not that fun to me anymore.

Also, whoever thought that medal system was a good idea needs to be slapped.

Edited by Dizcrybe

I have to go with SA1. It has some great moments in it but also a lot of flaws. I love the Sonic gameplay. It is really fun to do but once you get to the other characters things start to fall apart rapidly. Not to mention that the hub world did not add much at all and I tended to get lost in it :P

I have to go with Sonic 2 16 bit, as many fans love to talk about how awesome it is. I don't know, honestly it's too overhyped but I can see why it is. (Many fans started with this game...) But the game is glitchy in some cases, so bad that it can crash the game causing you to hard reset the console. Sure it introduced Tails but you couldn't fly as him until S3. It's not a bad game at all, far from it but it definitely has it's flaws. Another over appreciated game and I know it's been mentioned but SA2. I just played this game for the first time this year (yeah I know i'm many years late... xP) but I can't really see how so many people liked it. It's fun but Knux's levels are even more of a pain than they were in the first game. His levels are way too big for a treasure hunting level. I usually get bad ranks because it takes forever to even find one shard but it comes down to luck finding one early. I hope I don't upset too many people with this post. ^_^;

This is my opinion just hear me out it's Sonic Adventure i mean i love that game but i think that it's to over rated

Care to explain why you think so?

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

I wouldn't really say it's all that loved or anything, I'm sure some people like it, but it's not very popular, and I hardly see anyone bring it up. It's not even a Sonic game.

I was joking.

Never would've known without any sort of elaboration.

Note people: listing random games without actually writing anything to explain your choice and its context is spam. So don't do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was joking.

Unfortunately, funny is not on the agenda here in SSMB sad.png Maybe next time you should accent that with a gif or a link.

Well, I'm far too sleepy to create a list with a fully detailed complaint against the games, so I'll just put it one sentence for each one.

• Sonic 3: Sonic and Knuckles - good game but it was the start of taking Sonic away from his surreal cartoony roots.
  • SA2 - Brought anime tropes into the mix and all of the melodramatic bullshit that comes with it.
  • Sonic Unleashed - Linear levels + Boosting + poor control + High Speed Level Memorization = Stop the ride, I wanna get off.
  • Black Knight - Haphazard gameplay coupled with the most lamest, corniest, most boring storyline I ever heard.

Aaaaannd, g'night everybody.

I...I don't even....

I'm actually at a loss for words.

I'm not. You could easily see that Bioware simply working on it was enough for reviewers to praise it on that front. Tho at least they made the characters likable to those that hate them.

Unfortunately, funny is not on the agenda here in SSMB sad.png Maybe next time you should accent that with a gif or a link.

Well, I'm far too sleepy to create a list with a fully detailed complaint against the games, so I'll just put it one sentence for each one.

• Sonic 3: Sonic and Knuckles - good game but it was the start of taking Sonic away from his surreal cartoony roots.
  • SA2 - Brought anime tropes into the mix and all of the melodramatic bullshit that comes with it.

I fail to see how stages like Marble Garden, Carnival Night, Mushroom Hill, Hydrocity, and Sky Sanctuary in Sonic 3&K were any less surreal and cartoony than stages like Labyrinth Zone, Chemical Plant, Marble Zone, Aquatic Ruins, Sky Chase, and Oil Ocean of Sonic 1 and 2 

And what "anime" tropes are you talking about for SA2? Just about all those tropes in the game can be found in Western works before Anime even started to boom here in the States and Europe, nothing exclusive to Anime there.

I'm gonna say Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but I want you to understand that when I say this, I'm not saying I think the two games are bad/awful/stupid/etc. I'm simply saying I personally enjoy Sonic 2 much more, and believe Sonic 3 & Knuckles are overrated in the sense of people praising them as the best of the series. They're certainly still fun and enjoyable, I just enjoy the environments, sprites and music from Sonic 2 more.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm gonna say Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but I want you to understand that when I say this, I'm not saying I think the two games are bad/awful/stupid/etc. I'm simply saying I personally enjoy Sonic 2 much more, and believe Sonic 3 & Knuckles are overrated in the sense of people praising them as the best of the series. They're certainly still fun and enjoyable, I just enjoy the environments, sprites and music from Sonic 2 more.

Sonic 2 and 3&Knuckles are tied. Plus in actuality Sonic 2 gets way more praise than Sonic 3 does, something I noticed a lot.

I have to go with Sonic 2 16 bit, as many fans love to talk about how awesome it is. I don't know, honestly it's too overhyped but I can see why it is. (Many fans started with this game...) But the game is glitchy in some cases, so bad that it can crash the game causing you to hard reset the console. Sure it introduced Tails but you couldn't fly as him until S3.

All 3 of the Genesis games are glitchy, the system can't handle how fast Soniccan move and most times you will run into glitches like dying in the "S" tube section of Green hill or getting stuck in(or clipping through) a wall in Sonic 3. Sonic 2 happens to be the least glitchy in that sense. Where do these glitches even happen?

Also this "...Tails, but you couldn't fly as him until S3." is not really a proper reason to prove a game is overrated. Introducing a new character in a game, that character will at most either be a clone or unplayable. Things need to be thought out if a character's abilities will be implemented properly, which is probably why he didn't fly when in control of the player.

I fail to see how stages like Marble Garden, Carnival Night, Mushroom Hill, Hydrocity, and Sky Sanctuary in Sonic 3&K were any less surreal and cartoony than stages like Labyrinth Zone, Chemical Plant, Marble Zone, Aquatic Ruins, Sky Chase, and Oil Ocean of Sonic 1 and 2

No no, I did not meant the level design and asthetics...though by Sonic and Knuckles, even that felt a little colder. What I meant was the tone. In Sonic 1, 2, and CD, even with all of the serious obsticles befalling our heroes, the games still felt whimsical and surreal. S3:S&K was when I started noticing that "shit got serious". The best way to describe this feeling is like comparing the tones of Classic Mega Man with Mega Man X 

And what "anime" tropes are you talking about for SA2? Just about all those tropes in the game can be found in Western works before Anime even started to boom here in the States and Europe, nothing exclusive to Anime there.

Well other than Shakespeare and old 1940's noir stories, I don't remember any other genre of entertainment where

• The rival is a brooding, monotone stereotype with vaugely defined powers who turns good in the end because he can be marketable
  • Where tragic backstory is given to make said rival more sympathetic and even more marketable.
  • the hero and rival team up and co-incidentaly, only THEY can use the eleventh hour super power to save the day.
  • Make ridiculous twists in this story to increase tension (Eggman is the villain? Shadow is the villain? G.U.N is to blame?! And now here's a giant space lizard crashing onto Earth)
  • Where the previous rival has been devolved in importance, strength and intelligence to make the new guy look better.
  • Where super powered techniques that have no connection to the characters are emphasized to add style to little substance.
  • Transforming mecha airplanes.
  • the girls are useless unless they are evil. I know that is a crime in many kinds of fiction, but I see that too much in shonen stories, which this title tried to emulate.
  • Ham fisted morals...though the morals in this game were at least more poignant than Black Knight

To be fair, I wasn't entirely accurate with my detraction of SA2. It was actually SA1 that really begun the whole emulation of anime style storytelling. It just wasn't as obvious without the Vegeta wannabe and Ms. obvious fan service to hammer the point home.

Well other than Shakespeare and old 1940's noir stories, I don't remember any other genre of entertainment where

• The rival is a brooding, monotone stereotype with vaugely defined powers who turns good in the end because he can be marketable

Wolverine, Spawn, Kevin Levin, any other kind of 90s Anti-hero or any kind of superpowered Byronic Hero like Cable from Marvel Comics, and freaking Twilight...heck, any power fantasy series in general like those with the aformentioned characters.

Where tragic backstory is given to make said rival more sympathetic and even more marketable.

Wolverine, Magneto, almost any kind of brooding comic anti-hero that rivals the lead heroes. They even tried it one time with the "One who killed Superman," Doomsday as a backstory for his creation.

the hero and rival team up and co-incidentaly, only THEY can use the eleventh hour super power to save the day.

Okay, that's one.

Make ridiculous twists in this story to increase tension (Eggman is the villain? Shadow is the villain? G.U.N is to blame?! And now here's a giant space lizard crashing onto Earth)

The entire genre of Thriller or any plot with thriller elements. This is so much more common in the west it's not even funny.

I'll let you start with Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising before going into Splinter Cell, and then after that Harry Potter. And Marvel, DC comics, and even freaking Disney were no slouch to story twists either to increase tension. In fact, fiction in general whether Japanese, Chinese, American, or European happens to do this all the time.

Where the previous rival has been devolved in importance, strength and intelligence to make the new guy look better.

How is that anime exclusive and not the writers screwing up in writing said previous rival on that front?

Where super powered techniques that have no connection to the characters are emphasized to add style to little substance.

Just about every superpowered Comic Book hero that gains more and more powers: Jean Grey/Pheonix, Rogue of the X-Men, Silver Age Superman. Hell, almost any superpowered hero that does this really, like Jedi Knights of the Star Wars series given even more and more super powers as a result of "midichlorians" or the Force, or even the Power Rangers and the number of superpowered stuff they pull out. Heck, you could throw in Soft Sci-fi and High Fantasy genres as well.

Transforming mecha airplanes.

Transformers? Power Rangers?

the girls are useless unless they are evil. I know that is a crime in many kinds of fiction, but I see that too much in shonen stories, which this title tried to emulate.

What in the world are you talking about girls are useless unless evil? Rouge wasn't evil when she was actually working for the president and generally undermining the bad guys to learn what was going on at the ARK, and Amy (for what little she was given) actually did somethings useful like helping Sonic get out of his prison cell and getting Shadow to joining the good guys.

Nevermind that if you see this in all kinds of fiction, then you're reaching as it shouldn't even be an example here in the first place since it's definitely not exclusive to shonen anime.

Ham fisted morals...though the morals in this game were at least more poignant than Black Knight

Power Rangers, Captain Planet, 1980s G.I. Joe, The Superfriends, etc...
Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wolverine, Spawn, Kevin Levin, any other kind of 90s Anti-hero or any kind of superpowered Byronic Hero like Cable from Marvel Comics, and freaking Twilight...heck, any power fantasy series in general like those with the aformentioned characters.

Wolverine, Magneto, almost any kind of brooding comic anti-hero that rivals the lead heroes. They even tried it one time with the "One who killed Superman," Doomsday as a backstory for his creation.

Of all the examples you posted, only Kevin fits the description. While the others fit the brooding stereotype, they where not created in mind to counter a specific character, they where counters to an entire genre. most of them are main characters or supporting characters, none of them were created to specifically oppose the protagonist of the story without fulfilling the role of antagonist. Say for example, that Bob Kane (and Bill Finger, NEVER FORGET) created Batman for the EXPRESS PURPOSE of opposing Superman, as oppose to simply being their own superhero archtype. His popularity would have been because of his actions against Supes, alongside his own merits.

If you wanna go this direction, you can say The Punisher is an example of what I'm talking about in western comics. He was created to be an obstacle against the light hearted Spider-Man and his sympathetic back story (and wanton use of violence and inner monologue) won him enough fans to get his own ongoing. Bane had the pleasure of being both the villain AND the rival, but it was a difficult balance between the two. And I totally just realize that Inspector Javert from Les Misarables was created to specifically counter Jean Val Jean.

Very well. Point 1 to you.

Okay, that's one

Point 1 to me.

The entire genre of Thriller or any plot with thriller elements. This is so much more common in the west it's not even funny.

I'll let you start with Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising before going into Splinter Cell, and then after that Harry Potter. And Marvel, DC comics, and even freaking Disney were no slouch to story twists either to increase tension. In fact, fiction in general whether Japanese, Chinese, American, or European happens to do this as well.

But is Tom Clancy willing to throw out last minute plot twists and add convoluted methods to achieve the goal of the plot just for cheap drama?

...eh, they probably would. Though I don't remember any Disney shows having such complicated plot structure (other than Gargoyles).

Meh, point 1 to you.

How is that anime exclusive and not the writers screwing up in writing said previous rival on that front?

I imply it is anime exclusive because I mostly seen this in anime quite often. This is not to be confused with The Worf Effect: The Worf Effect is often a recurring effect to the designated badass of a series, but at least it's balanced out that it's often occasional and the Worf-er will most likely not be a permanent addition to the cast like the Worf-ee. Like when Wolverine has to fight a new mutant and gets his ass kicked, but in the end the X-Men wins anyway.

I'm speaking of the specific effect of a long time supporting character steadily losing his or her importance in order to make a new addition to the cast look much better. And unless you have some other examples, this is mostly exclusive to anime. The most example of this is:

The hierarchy of Goku's rivals:

Yamcha begat Kuririn who begat Tien Shinhan who begat Picollo who begat Vegeta... and that's it.

With every step forward, previously compitent characters that oppose Goku slowly become his friends, then become his dumb friends, then comedic relief than cannon fodder...then Yamcha tongue.png

I saw these examples on Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Sailor Moon, pretty much the only one I've seen that hasn't been relegated to this is One Piece.

point one to...well...yeah, this is undecided. More evidence needed to contrast this.

Just about every superpowered Comic Book hero that gains more and more powers: Jean Grey/Pheonix, Rogue of the X-Men, Silver Age Superman. Hell, almost any superpowered hero that does this really, like Jedi Knights of the Star Wars series given even more and more super powers as a result of "midichlorians" or the Force, or even the Power Rangers and the number of superpowered stuff they pull out. Heck, you could throw in Soft Sci-fi and High Fantasy genres as well.

Um...yeah. The X-Men's evolving powers often derive from their basic power set; Yes, the big fiery universe destroying bird simple a natural evolution of Jean telekinesis, which allowed her to bond with a cosmic force. The Jedi and any other martial artist continue to add newer techniques as they gain in knowledge and strength.

Where the hell did Thunder Arrow, Black Wave, Sonic Wind and Chaos Control come from? I thought this was about running really fast and spinning and rolling and jumping through robots?

Addendum: Why is it that the Saiyans Hedgehogs are the only ones in the regular reality with super forms?

point one to me.

Transformers? Power Rangers?

From Japan. Point 1 to me.

What in the world are you talking about girls are useless unless evil? Rouge wasn't evil when she was actually working for the president and generally undermining the bad guys to learn what was going on at the ARK, and Amy (for what little she was given) actually did somethings useful like helping Sonic get out of his prison cell and getting Shadow to joining the good guys.

Nevermind that if you see this in all kinds of fiction, then you're reaching as it shouldn't even be an example here in the first place since it's definitely not exclusive to shonen anime.

You did not know Rouge was a government agent until the last story and technically, she was still on the antagonist side. That gave her more to do than Amy, though she has to be rescued by both Knuckles and Shadow. Not a good look for a professional agent.

Amy didn't save Sonic on her own, she had Tails help; I mean, how else would she know how to get a passkey for the prison. does Amy have mad hacker skills that we don't know. In the end, she was generally a tag along and potential hostage. Her usefulness generally amounted to a pep talk with a vengeful terrorist.

Fiction in general has always some misogynist angle, but at least in the US and Europe there is some more progress in the better treatment of female character. Maybe this assumption came from the fact that I've so many anime that introduces female characters, who are capable of keeping up with their male forebears, but are relegated to cheerleaders because they're women. It just peeves me of.

my point still stands: If you are a girl, you can't do anything cool unless you're opposed to the protagonist in some way. After that, it'll be up the character to either be an action girl or arm candy.

Uh...you know what? Nobody wins this one until women are better represented in fiction.

Power Rangers, Captain Planet, 1980s G.I. Joe, The Superfriends, etc...

You really gotta stop using Power Rangers in arguments against Japan. It doesn't look good on you.

But yes, it seems no matter what country they are, whether it's Japanese Shonen or American Animation, if corporate sharks mean to sell a product to young boys near the ages of 6-12, then there's always ham fisted morals shoved down everyone's collective throats. Stories are generally better when morals are weaved within the fabric of the narrative, not placed in front for everyone to see.

Point one to you.

ehhh...you know what. I conceed defeat. I still think SA2 is overrated because of gameplay issues I have with it and because the use of "dark" and "edgy" material is tantamount to some bad fan-fiction, however I can't use anime as a scapegoat because my issues with the plot and direction of the Sonic series since SA1. I just wish that Sonic Team wouldn't have to look at the lowest common denominator for it's inspiration and maybe aim a little higher.

Seriously, would it kill Izuka and his team to watch a Pixar movie? Or how about one of Shinchiro Watanabe's works? Imagine a Sonic game as cool as Bebop?

I just wish that Sonic Team wouldn't have to look at the lowest common denominator for it's inspiration and maybe aim a little higher.

Since when was Anime "the lowest common denominator"?

Since when was Anime "the lowest common denominator"?

When it's mass market anime. Mass market Western toons are bad too.

The solution: use features films as inspiration. Ghibli, Gainax, Studio Bones and Tesuka. Those are what needs to be followed.

Sonic-Colors-sonic-the-hedgehog-12523236In my honest opinion, Sonic Colors isn't really all that much to write home about. It probably didn't make much of an impact on me as it did everyone else, since I first bought and played the game in March of this year. I understand it took a lot of steps in the right direction, like utilizing the concept of Unleashed a lot of people were fond of, the boost. Sonic Team trimmed a lot of the fat from Unleashed, like the Werehog, sun and moon medals, and hub worlds, but I wasn't really all that fond of the main gameplay gimmick, the Wisps. It's a better concept than the Werehog in some ways, since their use can be optional, but the only Wisps I really had fun using were Hover and Frenzy. Cube was just boring,and Drill and Laser weren't really anything special to me. I also think the boss fights put up barely any challenge whatsoever, with maybe the exception of the Aquarium Park boss. Oh, and spring based acts can go royally f!ck themselves. Having to play an act of these every zone where you have to worry about falling into bottomless pits and constantly bouncing is no fun at all. 

I also wasn't a very big fan of the story. Colors' plot seems to get a lot of praise, and I've seen tons of people saying it's the best Sonic story since Adventure 2, but I don't personally see it. A lot of the jokes come off as more irritating than funny. (aside from the Cubot voice chip gag, that was gold :D) However, I will give the plot props for featuring the best Sonic and Tails bromance in terms of the games, they did feel like relatable best buddies. Kate Higgins is easily my favorite Tails voice, and while I prefer Jason Griffith as Sonic, Roger Craig Smith did have some great acting chops as well.

I can still give Colors props for mainly three things:

The visual design, boost, and soundtrack.

Every area in this game has an off the wall energy that fits Sonic and the silly tone of this game perfectly, such as the neon lights of Starlight Carnival, beautiful Japan influenced oceanic depths of Aquarium Park. 

I credit Sonic Team for downplaying the boost, even though I found it more fun in Unleashed. With less focus on boosting in this game(only being able to boost through White Wisps and having a smaller boost meter), it seems that the developers put a bit more effort into exploring the levels and improving the control, like adding a double jump.

Oh man, the soundtrack is pure goodness! I wasn't all that impressed with it when I first heard it, wondering what the big hubub was all about, but it's grown on me tremendously over time, and dare I say it, is rivalling Generations as my favorite Sonic soundtrack at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75KBQnL34c&hd=1

There's a ton of great tracks in Sonic Colors, but surprisingly, my favorite tune is the area theme to Sonic Colors, slightly edging out over Starlight Carnival, Aquarium Park, the main orchestral theme, and Speak With Your Heart. This song just feels so insane, but it's a pleasure to listen to at the same time, fitting the futuristic style of Starlight Carnival like a glove.

Aside from those couple of positives, I found Sonic Colors to be a pretty meh experience overall. I guess I can see where the praise is coming from, but I didn't have all that much fun with it.

But is Tom Clancy willing to throw out last minute plot twists and add convoluted methods to achieve the goal of the plot just for cheap drama?

...eh, they probably would. Though I don't remember any Disney shows having such complicated plot structure (other than Gargoyles).

Meh, point 1 to you.

Considering that Thriller has tons of complicated plot twist all around it's works, yes. But it's often done and seen as far more than just cheap drama. And while Disney movies never had complicated plot structures due to being marketed for a family audience, they too were guilty of twists if now downright asspulls like that of what you see in Snow White's ending. Even Harry Potter at the end of the first book where they were looking for the Philosopher's stone, and then right when Harry confronts the bad guy the stone is somehow in is pocket after looking in the mirror.

Um...yeah. The X-Men's evolving powers often derive from their basic power set; Yes, the big fiery universe destroying bird simple a natural evolution of Jean telekinesis, which allowed her to bond with a cosmic force. The Jedi and any other martial artist continue to add newer techniques as they gain in knowledge and strength.

Really? Beacuse last I checked, that universe destroying bird was it's very own entity, especially since it bonded with dozens of other characters. And this isn't getting into Silver Age Superman's incredibly ridiculous feats of strength to the point where he is practically god before they toned him down and gave him consistent weaknesses.

Or the fact that somehow Jedi's were capable of just about anything as a result of the force being the reason why they are capable of having all kinds of powers, some Sith lords being capable of making a sun go supernova.

From Japan. Point 1 to me.

Yet introduced and in the Power Rangers case, completely adapted to fit western tastes to the point that they associated with the west before realizing it was from Japan. And even then, they still see it with a western touch.

You did not know Rouge was a government agent until the last story and technically, she was still on the antagonist side. That gave her more to do than Amy, though she has to be rescued by both Knuckles and Shadow. Not a good look for a professional agent.

You knew it, or at the very least knew she was working for someone else, right when you took control of her in the Egg Quarters, and throughout the plot you were shown that she was working behind the antagonist's back, such as when she started looking on the computer over Project Shadow before she decided to up and steal the Emeralds from the core prior to being busted by Shadow (who somehow found out who she was).

This wasn't a last minute thing they threw into the character. Nevermind that she had to fight off a heavily armed mech by herself before getting completely locked up in the base prior to Shadow saving her at the last minute, and then she was only saved by Knuckles because she somehow lost her footing on the beam they were standing on. None of this had anything to do with her being a woman, especially one that was capable of going toe-to-toe in a fight with the most physically powerful male character to a stalemate.

Amy didn't save Sonic on her own, she had Tails help; I mean, how else would she know how to get a passkey for the prison. does Amy have mad hacker skills that we don't know. In the end, she was generally a tag along and potential hostage. Her usefulness generally amounted to a pep talk with a vengeful terrorist.

You wanna start cherry-picking the small details? How did Amy even get onto Prison Island in the first place given that it was a high security military installation? Because it's surprising that it took another intruder to catch her and not their own security. And how did either of them know where to find Sonic in the first place after Sonic got captured? As soon as the military cornered Sonic and brought him to their base, Tails and Amy were immediately on the scene to save him, so how did either of them gather the information to find out where Sonic was? You'd think that a military organization that was able to capture someone as powerful as Sonic, organize a cover-up of the ARK, and keep a secret for 50 years would keep a lid on his location.

SA2 may have had some story and script problems that are quite glaring when you look back, despite people holding up far higher than the drivel that came after it prior to Unleashed-Colors. But if you go cherry-picking details like this, you start opening the doors for more cherry-picking questions that you may not have the answer to, and even if you could answer them you'll still get even more and more cherry-picking questions to those responses.

Amy was given very little in the plot, that I didn't deny, but she wasn't put that far into the shadow where you couldn't see what she did contribute. She helped Sonic escape from Prison Island in order to stop Eggman, and she also jogged Shadow's locked memory that made him fight on their side when he would otherwise let the ARK continue to fall to the Earth.

You really gotta stop using Power Rangers in arguments against Japan. It doesn't look good on you.

I will when the Power Rangers replaces it's multi-ethnic cast with an all Japanese one, because as far as the audience that grew up with it was concerned prior to learning it's Japanese influences (and sometimes even then), Power Rangers is more of a western staple.

Just like how Anime art was influenced by Disney works and became it's own staple and identity in Japan.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc