Awoo.

Memorable Moments with Sonic

Zavok the SpinningSilver

So I've been thinkin'. We have a thread for the most depressing, the weirdest, and funniest moments with the Blue Blur. We even have a thread for appreciating this series in general!

However, it does not seem that we have one for our favorite moments in this series. Luckily, I have the solution! 

We've all had some great experiences with this series! We've born witness to many stories, we've laughed, cried, screamed...all that good stuff. Now ask yourselves: what's one moment that you can distinctly remember from this series, and why? What sort of impact did it have? Was it a moment so epic that you were on the edge of your seat? Were you seeing something so cute that you couldn't help but say "Aww..." or "Kawaii desu ne..."? Okay, probably not that last one, but you get my point.

Now I'm mainly referring to different moments of a story from any of the games, but some moments during gameplay itself could work. As long as it's memorable, then it works.

I'll start off with a funny one, cuz I feel happy. laugh.png

In Unleashed, Sonic and Tails made it to Eggman's hidden base in Mazuri. They've just found the professor that everyone was talking about in Spagonia! This Pickle guy. He's free from captivity, and what's the first thing that he asks for when he gets out? A plate of sandwiches. A plate. Of cucumber sandwiches. And what does he do next? He plans to have an angry word with the man in charge and he begins to walk off!

When I first saw that scene, I was in utter shock & confusion for one minute, and on the floor laughing the next. The way he so casually treats the fact that his life was saved and that his biggest priority was some thinly sliced cucumbers sandwitched between two pieces of bread with a pinch of black pepper had me in stitches. And right then, in that instant, I knew I was gonna love this guy.

I still love this scene and Professor Pickle in general, but enough about me. What about you guys?

Blast Away!

250px-Sonic_overdrive.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Yup, professor pickle was hilarious. 

What got me laughing was the many moments that Amy mistook someone for Sonic. Like when she hugged, Shadow and Silver. She did not even realize Sonic was Werehog when she hugged him. Geez amy, get your eyes checked or something!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to agree with Silver on the Mazuri Pickle scene. I just adored that scene, and I honestly feel Unleashed has some of the most memorable down to earth moments in the series actually.

Like for example the intro cutscene, I mean SERIOUSLY not one cutscene in any Sonic game in the entire series in the past 20 years has ever been as epic as that cutscene. It had so many things going for it, amazing CGI, great music, and Eggman and Sonic doing what they do best. Sonic blasting through an entire legion of Egg fighters to come toe to toe with Eggman was just epic. Immediately after which we then get a curveball in the form of Super Sonic which is the first time in which we have seen this form since Sonic 3 and Knuckles which was awesome in itself and a cool throwback. 

Then after chasing the fat man down to his floating space station during which he obliterated multiple ships of the Egg Fleet dodging giant lasers and the like. Sonic after which proceeds to get cocky and tease Eggman showing Sonic's well known personality really well. After which Eggman springs his smartest plan yet and traps Super Sonic sucking away his energy and the Chaos Emeralds to awaken Dark Gaia showing the mad genius at his finest yet. 

The cutscene then ends with Sonic turning into the werehog and actually getting angry for once showing a multifaceted personality much unlike the always too cool for school cocky Sonic we were used too, with Eggman proceeding to send Sonic hurtling to his doom towards the planets surface.

Just the scale and atmosphere of this cutscene is so excellently pulled off while also showing off the characters great personalities and is still to this day the most EPIC cutscene the series has ever had bar none.

Edited by LordMetallix

I like the part in Sonic Adventure where Sonic says "I was on a snooze cruise I guess" it was soo funny!

Professor pickle was funny. I mean, he is in prison aboard Eggman's ship, and all he cares about is the type of sandwich he has!!

also this is my favorite too:) : (Watch at 1:20 to 1:32, the part with Knuckles)

that face Knuckles makes, forever my favorite <3 wub.png

Edited by knucklesgirl

My favorite moment of course was when Sonic & Shadow each put one of there hands put them like they were holding a straight bat moved them up and down incredibly fast and then turned into there Super Forms and fought The Final Hazard AKA The Biolizard in SA2

There are a ton of amazing and memorable moments in the Sonic Series, but the moments I find the most memorable are those brimming with excellent characterization, especially that of Sonic himself. I am going to go with the moment in the series had left the biggest impact on me, coming from Sonic and the Secret Rings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAo-q3_DULI

This cutscene here, these 49 seconds in short, left quite an impact on me! It is clearly obvious that Sonic is in a lot of pain and collaspes, yet he refuses to let his guard down nor allow Shahra to worry about him or place the blame on herself for Sonic being struck with that flame. Sonic didn't want to show that he was in pain; therefore the half-hearted chuckle trying to cover it up (which I thought was some fine voice acting by Jason Griffith), which he was trying to do so Shahra wouldn't worry about him. This selfless attitude of Sonic deeply impressed me, as the last person he was thinking about was himself, even though Sonic was clearly suffering.

Also notable is how Sonic changed the situation quickly from negative to a positive to cheer Shahra up, even apologizing after he collapsed and at the same time worrying Shahra. This is all something a good friend would do and Sonic demonstrated that here and throughout the game as he always does.

I thought Sonic saying "It's gonna take more than some tiny flame to bring judgment down on me!" was a pretty convincing line that he was okay and still the same ol' Sonic amid all the pain he was in. Despite the fact that he was suffering, Sonic was optimistic. He usually is no matter what! He never gives up nor allows anything to get him down. This cutscene really showed me among many other times that Sonic has a lot of heart and is truly a hero. smile.png

While I'm at it, the ending of Sonic and the Secret Rings I found to be both epic and memorable, full of characterization as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUAF2uO8TEk 

Sonic being bold, cocky and confident and ruthless in his dealings with Erazor Djinn to finish him off, only to adjust to tend to a grieving Shahra with kindness and sympathy. I just love it! happy.png

• Thumbs Up 7

As much as I would like to be super long here and explain my most memorable moments, they have already been said! smile.png

My most memorable moments are the opening and closings of Sonic Unleashed. It is one of my favorites of the series and its the game that seems to stick the best in my head about the things that have happened in the game. While the adventure series is wonderful to me, I still enjoy Sonic Unleashed the most of all. Those memories of that game are going to stay with me alot longer than ones from colors and such like that, which I did enjoy, but they didn't leave that same feeling.

I haven't always hated Sonic '06 with a flaming passion. Back when I was just a kid, it was actually the first Sonic game that was going to be released when I became the fan I am today. The "New" Sonic game I looked forward to ever since I first heard of it. When I ripped off the wrapping paper that Christmas morning, I remember feeling my heart skip a beat I was so overjoyed and full of excitement, I don't even think I cared about the other presents I had gotten that morning, because this was the game I had been looking forward to for quite some time. Something about the case of the box just..caught my full attention, I knew nothing about what kind of adventure I was about to face, who was Silver? And why was Sonic in some sort of castle looking place? When I turned on the game, at the time the graphics were pretty great, I did and still absolutely love the 4Kids VAs, I played that game all night and day until I finally unlocked the Last Episode. Oh, the feels were overflowing. I remember when I saw Sonic get killed. I didn't know what the hell was going on, but when I heard Silver's plan to bring Sonic back with the Chaos Emeralds, I knew a new and last adventure awaited me. I put everything I had into getting the Emeralds, and when I finally did, I saw Sonic get brought back from the dead with the power of the Chaos Emeralds, reborn into Super Sonic. I was really happy, I cried a little. I didn't care about the kissing or anything, it was just so cool. That's probably one of my favorite memories of Sonic. Although I hate the game now, I still always have a little soft spot in my heart for the game, just because of the excitement it gave to me as a child.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention. I'm a huge fan of the King Arthur tales and such, swords, wizards, stuff like that. So this was a pretty thrilling moment as well.

http://youtu.be/_9kyzG7283Y

Edited by ThunderCracker
  • Thumbs Up 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCXx7QVzZeI

Then the game started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uItCU7x-ZD4

Edited by Insane121
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unlocking the final story in Sonic Rush. The first time I had actually beaten a Sonic game and then then game throws another story at me. I didn't know what the Emeralds did or that Super Sonic existed, so seeing that transformation for the first time was super awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA-yILpGYro&hd=1

Sonic+Adventure+2+Hero+Intro.jpg

Sonic Adventure 2's hero intro will always stand out to me, for a number of reasons.

"Talk about low budget flights! No food, no movies! I like running better! Yeahhhhhh!" 

While I do feel Ryan Drummond is an over rated Sonic VA, this is one of his best lines in the game. What he says always stays with you, just because he fits Sonic so well. You've also got Sonic jumping off a freakin' helicopter after tearing a wing off the plane in the shape of a board. If that isn't badass, I don't know what is. You've also got the incredibly awesome track, Let's Make It, which is an incredibly upbeat remix of It Doesn't Matter.

My all time favorite has to be when sonic goes super against perfect chaos in sa1. I don't think ill ever forget how badass I felt as a kid. The new look super sonic just was so f&$king sweet.

Honorable mention was everytime eggman said "get a load of this" and "he's not going to get away with this".

It was 1999.

Several months passed since i last played a Sonic game. I didn't want to play a Sonic game and didn't care. I wasn't interested in Sonic, period, other than the fond memories I had watching Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and SatAM every morning in the early-1990s. Once Sonic R and Sonic Jam were released in 1997, there was no more Sonic news. 1998 came and went with nothing Sonic, and most of 1999 passed with no updates. Slowly but surely, I was getting close to done with the series.

Then, I passed my GameStop and saw this intro:

Sonic Team's logo flashed.

"Sonic Adventure" showed up on the screen.

Chaos and adrenaline filled the television screen.

Sonic was back, and I was interested in Sonic again.

-

To this day, if I didn't see the intro of Sonic Adventure, I wouldn't be interested in the series today. smile.png

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 4

It was 1999.

Several months passed since i last played a Sonic game. I didn't want to play a Sonic game and didn't care. I wasn't interested in Sonic, period, other than the fond memories I had watching Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and SatAM every morning in the early-1990s. Once Sonic R and Sonic Jam were released in 1997, there was no more Sonic news. 1998 came and went with nothing Sonic, and most of 1999 passed with no updates. Slowly but surely, I was getting close to done with the series.

-

To this day, if I didn't see the intro of Sonic Adventure, I wouldn't be interested in the series today. smile.png

YES! This intro knocked the wind out of me when I first watched it so many years ago, it was just that good. The CGI still looks great to this day, and hearing Crush 40's debut song, Open Your Heart in the intro makes it all the more badass. I just love the buildup and payoff when Sonic and CO. show up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mine would have to be seeing the S3&K intro as a kid and not knowing where it was from.

It was 1999.

-

I was in my 4th grade class when both Dreamcast/Sonic Adventure were announced. The last Sonic game I had played was Sonic R. In my class we would get these brochure/mini magazine things we were allowed to read in our free time. I still remember reading the one with this image on it. As a 9 year old sonic freak I nearly crapped myself when I saw Sonic Adventure announced.

lostworld_shot3.jpg

Ever since I saw that image I fell back in love with the Sonic series and is a huge reason I post on this forum. Sonic Adventure revived my love for the Sonic franchise.

Edited by GOAT
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

I can still remember it now... I was playing Sonic Mega Collection on the gamecube and decided to check out the extras section of the game. I seen the game had some videos I could watch, so I decided to watch them all. Only two videos stood out the most and made my mouth open wide in surprise, and I'm sure everyone knows what those two videos are! 

Sonic CD opening and ending videos, that's what! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRaly9tk8v0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIWYU3xDcFw

My goodness. Where do I begin? Ah, yes! These two videos were my first introduction to Sonic CD! While I watched both videos over and over again, the question "Is this a Sonic movie?!" continued to run through my head constantly. I kept looking at the title of the videos and going "Sonic CD?! What is in the world is this Sonic CD!??!??!" Later on, I would find out through Gems Colleciton that Sonic CD was actually a game. Still, both videos are extremely memorable for me.

Anyways, Sonic was so fast, Sonic was so cool, Sonic was booming! The music playing was also sounding so good, and it even made me start singing "Sonic Booooom! Sonic Booooooooom! Trouble keeps you running faster!" Let me dare not forget the amazing animation both videos had. 

I still love to show people the Sonic CD videos just to let people see why I love Sonic so much. These videos represent one thing that make Sonic popular, and it's his coolness.

• Thumbs Up 2