Awoo.

Gamestop Expo 2013 - August 28th, Sands Expo, Las Vegas

Tani Coyote

http://www.gamestop.com/expo

Just as Gamescom is ending, yet another little video game convention is about to take place at the Sands Expo Center here in my own residence of Las Vegas. On August 28th, from 11 AM to 6 PM over 80 developers will be sprawled across 250,000 square feet of space, with many booths featuring autograph signings, not to mention early demos of games for all platforms (including Xbox One and PS4) months in advance. Then you have the fact every attendee is automatically entered into a raffle… and the advertisement videos showed mascot outfits and even the giant Sonic statue (seriously the status is the first freaking photo!). There is also of course, merchandise for sale.

I am really liking how Sonic Lost World is at the very top of their four banners at the bottom. Is it that way for everyone else (it could be one of those “sees your search preferences, chooses appropriate advertisements” sorts of things)? If so… well, I get the feeling the SEGA booth really has something special to show off.

Needless to say, I will be in attendance. Definitely will be stalking the SEGA booth; it is my sincere hope that since the event isn’t Sonic-related like Boom, I won’t have as much of a line behind me for the Lost World demos. I can finally tackle those blasted controls! Let’s not forget being on the prowl for Sonic and other costumed mascots; it looks like Ratchet's a definite showup, so I'm hoping Sonic and Sly Cooper are as well.

Now, the question becomes what to bring for any SEGA celebs at the place to sign… fingers crossed Aaron Webber is there too so I may pester him with a few questions. Double fingers they might have some of those bobbleheads up for grabs.

Now then, I'm perplexed why the floor plan doesn't have a SEGA booth on it at present. I think they might have forgotten to link one of the floor plans...

List of several of the developers and vendors in attendance:

XSEED Games

• BradyGames

• Power A

• Electronic Arts

• 505 Games Inc.

• Nyko Technologies

• Whalen Furniture

• Disney

• Gaems Inc.

• D3Publisher of America

• CI Games