Awoo.

Sonic DVD's

Truner

Seach engine cannot search Sonic X becuz' X is not a word...

So, I just wanted to ask about the DVD releases.

I want to collect the Sonic X series DVD's. I found the New World Saga, Chaos Emerald Saga and Chaos & Shadow Sagas, but that's not the whole series. Where should I search the other Sagas?

If there's no complete DVD series, I'm going to buy the Sonic The Hedgehog from the USA (better cover for the win).

What about Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog & Sonic Underground? Are there any complete DVD box for these to cartoons?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -Mark-

• Truner

• eXtaticus

• Dopply

I know for a fact that there are complete series DVD box sets of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Underground (in the UK at least), because I own them.

I don't know about Sonic X though. Last time I checked there wasn't a complete series box set but I may be wrong.

There are box sets for all the classic series in the UK.

As for Sonic X, the only four DVDs released in the UK had two episodes each and covered eps 1-8. No more were made after that. In America, the series was finished and rereleased in series box sets.

Sonic X 1-52 were released in Japan in thirteen volumes, episodes 53-78 never aired there and thus never got a DVD release.

A good site in general for Sonic X DVDs (Japanese or US) is Yesasia.com. That's where I got my Japanese DVDs and the US SatAM set.

Incidentally, you can search for 'Sonic X', so I have no idea what search engine you're using.

The forum's search engine.

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

Thanks for the info, but I don't want to buy the UK releases, cut the covers sucks (okay, that's a bit hars, but I love the US covers better). The Japanese DVD's are a bit expensive, but I can buy the US ones for 5

Edited by Truner

Just don't look for the Sonic Movie's DVD. Luckily, I was able to snag it cheap (it is one of my favorite movies, after all), but it runs about maybe 70 dollars up on Amazon and eBay now.

Oh, the movie... I want to buy it no matter what. If it'll cost 100 dollars, then I buy it for 100 dollars. :D

Just don't look for the Sonic Movie's DVD. Luckily, I was able to snag it cheap (it is one of my favorite movies, after all), but it runs about maybe 70 dollars up on Amazon and eBay now.

Why is it so expensive? I saw it for like, $80 on Amazon.com after purchasing the Super Mario Bros. movie. I'm not in any rush to get it, but it'd be nice to own it on DVD since my VHS player is broken.

The movie costs so much because it's out of print now.

I scanned the DVD covers years back, I'll have to see if I still have them. If not, I can't really be bothered to scan them all again, sorry.

Yeah, it went out of print a few years back, now. You can't buy it new anymore. Thankfully, I have both the DVD and VHS. =P

Oh, and I still have the Japanese DVD scans. Got them here (I don't have volumes 11-13), although Photobucket's autoresized them. The quality's still pretty good, though.

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Volume 4

Volume 5

Volume 6

Volume 7

Volume 8

Volume 9

Volume 10

I actually own the first volume of Japanese Sonic X hi-spec, as well as the original DVD print of the Sonic OVA (got it for $10 around the time when it originally came out).

They're not the greatest additions to my DVD library, but I'm not about to part with them due to their relative elusiveness. If you want to get the Japanese Sonic X DVDs, don't go for the hi-spec editions unless you want an additional sound track, it's not really worth the extra Y1000 as I've personally discovered.

Edited by Jake

The surround sound on the Hi-Spec is actually really impressive though. Shame I only have the regular versions of volumes 8-10.

Also, it's kinda of neat since I've since found a means of layering a .ssa subtitle track over the official DVDs whilst playing them on TV, which is an added bonus. Shame the Wii Media Player can't currently support surround sound. Hope they fix that soon. It's also not as good at DVD playback as a proper DVD player, which is a shame. So it's a choice between watching it in perfect quality with surround sound or watching it with subtitles, basically.

Edited by Mahzes

There are box sets for all the classic series in the UK.

As for Sonic X, the only four DVDs released in the UK had two episodes each and covered eps 1-8. No more were made after that. In America, the series was finished and rereleased in series box sets.

Sonic X 1-52 were released in Japan in thirteen volumes, episodes 53-78 never aired there and thus never got a DVD release.

A good site in general for Sonic X DVDs (Japanese or US) is Yesasia.com. That's where I got my Japanese DVDs and the US SatAM set.

Incidentally, you can search for 'Sonic X', so I have no idea what search engine you're using.

There is a simpler way to own all (well, most of the) English language Sonic X episodes... Get them on Amazon.co.uk!

1. Sonic X - New World Saga @ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-X-World-Saga...7329&sr=8-8 for £4.80 brand new.

2. Sonic X - Chaos Emerald Saga @ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-X-Chaos-Emer...ef=pd_cp_d_h__2 for £5.71 brand new.

3. Sonic X - Chaos and Shadow Sagas @ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Chaos-Shadow...ef=pd_cp_d_h__2 for £5.31 brand new.

4. Unfortunately, I do not have sufficiant information about this product to provide a link. Sorry!

5. See above line.

6. Sonic X - The Complete Series 5 @ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-X-Complete-S...7662&sr=1-1 for £6.41 brand new.

7. Sonic X - So Long Sonic! @ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-X-Season-Lon...f=pd_sim_d_h__1 for £6.13 brand new.

If you live in the USA, don't worry about shipping and taxation; all the aforementioned DVDs all import straight from America, and will play on any standard Region 1/ Region Free DVD Player.

You can still buy the original volume DVDs of episodes 39-52 in the US though, can't you?

Alternatively, you can actually get all 78 episodes of Sonic X on iTunes for about £45.

...Really? (has three copies of the movie, one on VHS, and two on DVD, one of which also has the Japanese audio). Hmn...

You, good sir, are set for life. 8D

Then again, I'm not much worse off, with a VHS and DVD copy.

1. Get copies of Sonic Movie

2. Wait

3. ?????

4. PROFIT.

Say do the Japanese versions have English subtitles? Besides the DVD region coding, that would be the main downfall of those dvds...and the US Sonic doesn't have the japanese versions does it either?

I had the opportunity to buy bootlegged DVDs from an anime store in my mall but I wanted to make sure they were bootlegged (Hard to tell but the fact that Tails' face was missing his smile on the cover should've triggered a yes answer). They went out of business not long ago so I'm reduced to looking on-line again...I mead of course you're going to have bad business if all you get is crappy bootlegged stuff.

Thanks for the reccomendation, I shall check that website out since I really want the US SatAM DVD set since ours had some of the extras removed, and one heck of a god awful cover too.

Say do the Japanese versions have English subtitles? Besides the DVD region coding, that would be the main downfall of those dvds...and the US Sonic doesn't have the japanese versions does it either?

The Japanese versions don't have any subtitles sadly, English or Japanese. However, if you have a Wii with DVD playback it is possible to watch them with subs, although it's a bit of a hassle.

And nope, similarly the US DVDs don't have any subtitles either, and only the 4Kids version- no Japanese on there. The UK DVDs do have English subtitles, but they're still dub only.

Edited by Mahzes

I have the movie on DVD. Have had it for about...5 years. Got it when I was 8. In total, watched it 'bout 300 times, leanin' towards 350. Know it pretty much off by heart.

-looks up price on eBay-

"Sonic, I finally finished it! See, isn't it GREAT? It's a Jet-Propelled bodyboard! C'mon, wanna try it out?"

"Not right now, thanks."

"Fine, I'll just go use it myself!"

"Tails is just like a little kid with his new toy." -turns on stereo with remote-

etc..etc.

It would be lovely to own the Sonic X DVDs, especially the SA and SA2 series.

And the Sonic Battle ones would be nice too. :)

Edited for stupid spelling mistake. XD

Edited by Daisoku

...Really? (has three copies of the movie, one on VHS, and two on DVD, one of which also has the Japanese audio). Hmn...

I have it on VCD, and bought it from a stall in Cleethorpes for £3.00! ~[!!w00t!!]~

Bootleg or no? I didn't think there was ever an official VCD release...

ABOUT THE MOVIE:I just looked on eBay, and it's only a couple of quid. Though, I guess if we wait a while, it will get more expensive. Though I don't think I'll ever be able to part with it.

Ever.