Awoo.

Is silver canon anymore?

Sonic The Badass

why am i thinking Star Trek (11 / 2009) in this topic?!

If 06's events are all erased, then Blaze is still alive in Sonic's dimension - or will transfer over to this one in the future at some point, and Silver is alive and well in the future. That's not to say that we can't have 2 Silver's or Blaze's a la Old Spock and New Spock.

In Star Trek 11 they said that Spock going back in time created an "alternate" reality, which allowed 2 spocks to live in the same time - even though one was much older than the other. So when Blaze "traps" Iblis in the flames then the "alternate" reality starts back at the start of the game - as shown at the end. Under THAT theory, the events of 06 DO count, and could allow Silver - the one who knows Sonic to "dimension" jump to the "current" reality where Sonic is alive and well, and would explain him knowing him too. (no Blaze though as she's dead in that relaity now!). However, it also means that there's ANOTHER Silver living in the future in the new reality  who's NOT traveled back in time to meet Sonic, and so won't know him.

In Many ways Sonic 06 is a bit like Star Trek 11 - they both pretty much use an established plot element to hit "reset" on the franshise. In Sonic 06's case it "resets" back to the start of the game (so only 1 game is effected) but with Star Trek they pretty much "reset" 3 seasons, 3 7 season spinoff series' , and 10 films!)  But that does mean that in the "other" reality Our Silver still exists as seen at the end of the game....with NO Sonic either as he's long dead!

Sega, Here is your wink wink for a NEW Spinoff game, that does NOT have to include Sonic, just his legacy!

My head hurts!!

** P.S., So, yes in my view Silver is still Cannon! wacko.pngsmile.png

why am i thinking Star Trek (11 / 2009) in this topic?!

If 06's events are all erased, then Blaze is still alive in Sonic's dimension - or will transfer over to this one in the future at some point, and Silver is alive and well in the future. That's not to say that we can't have 2 Silver's or Blaze's a la Old Spock and New Spock.

In Star Trek 11 they said that Spock going back in time created an "alternate" reality, which allowed 2 spocks to live in the same time - even though one was much older than the other. So when Blaze "traps" Iblis in the flames then the "alternate" reality starts back at the start of the game - as shown at the end. Under THAT theory, the events of 06 DO count, and could allow Silver - the one who knows Sonic to "dimension" jump to the "current" reality where Sonic is alive and well, and would explain him knowing him too. (no Blaze though as she's dead in that relaity now!). However, it also means that there's ANOTHER Silver living in the future in the new reality  who's NOT traveled back in time to meet Sonic, and so won't know him.

In Many ways Sonic 06 is a bit like Star Trek 11 - they both pretty much use an established plot element to hit "reset" on the franshise. In Sonic 06's case it "resets" back to the start of the game (so only 1 game is effected) but with Star Trek they pretty much "reset" 3 seasons, 3 7 season spinoff series' , and 10 films!)  But that does mean that in the "other" reality Our Silver still exists as seen at the end of the game....with NO Sonic either as he's long dead!

Sega, Here is your wink wink for a NEW Spinoff game, that does NOT have to include Sonic, just his legacy!

My head hurts!!

** P.S., So, yes in my view Silver is still Cannon! wacko.pngsmile.png

This is dbz logic of time travel. you go into one dimension going through that time CURRENTLY instead of going back in time in your dimension. Meaning that crisis city and everything else exist in a different universe. in theory, the main dimension died then branched off into a new dimension

EDIT: i mean the main dimension got destroyed so before it was completely gone they branched off a whole new dimension where they no longer have memories of the previous one because the new one has become they're reality without doubt.

Edited by Insane121

Why wouldn't Silver still be canon? Imo he still is unless we get a statement from SEGA saying he's retired or something.

Why wouldn't Silver still be canon? Imo he still is unless we get a statement from SEGA saying he's retired or something.

That logic is slightly flawed really, sure he has been in a couple of games, but we haven't seen characters like Sahara and Merlina in a while, and both of those characters appeared in games that DONT fuck with the established canon and could very easily be slotted in without any reworking at all, yet we have had no word from SEGA saying they are retired or whatever even though most people consider them non canon, whereby all the games silver has appeared in either fuck the timeline or the established back stories but yet he is considered canon?

Edit: or a better example, Blaze, after 06 Izukia said that Rush was her backstory, yet no mention of Silver at all, thus making rush pretty much canon from that perspective. We have no official word that Rivals is canon, thus no canon origin for Silver

I'm not saying he is or isn't, just saying that waiting for official word from SEGA is useless, as far as I am aware (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the ONLY character we have official word of "retirement" is Big, not even the likes of Mighty, Fang ect have had official word more of a sweeping statement along the lines of "we have no plans to bring them back right now" as opposed to bigs "he has retired"

Edited by Jolt_TH

That logic is slightly flawed really, sure he has been in a couple of games, but we haven't seen characters like Sahara and Merlina in a while, and both of those characters appeared in games that DONT fuck with the established canon and could very easily be slotted in without any reworking at all, yet we have had no word from SEGA saying they are retired or whatever even though most people consider them non canon, whereby all the games silver has appeared in either fuck the timeline or the established back stories but yet he is considered canon?

Edit: or a better example, Blaze, after 06 Izukia said that Rush was her backstory, yet no mention of Silver at all, thus making rush pretty much canon from that perspective. We have no official word that Rivals is canon, thus no canon origin for Silver

I'm not saying he is or isn't, just saying that waiting for official word from SEGA is useless, as far as I am aware (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the ONLY character we have official word of "retirement" is Big, not even the likes of Mighty, Fang ect have had official word more of a sweeping statement along the lines of "we have no plans to bring them back right now" as opposed to bigs "he has retired"

I have a tendency to wait for official word from any company on any franchise; or, if need be, creator's word (DC for Batman, Rowling for Harry Potter...). It's flawed logic but it's how I've worked since I was little. I'd be content if SEGA said "we have no plans to bring Silver back right now".

What does "canon" mean? I never used this type of terminology. I know canon is a type of gun or cañon is like a canyon, but what does this "canon" mean?! Actually you know I could look it up online whenever I get to it. I guessing it means is it common very well known character?

Sonic06 HAS NEVER EVER EXISTED WAS JOKE!

Tails Doll is more likely to exist than that game! It is an urban legend and/or myth! :) Blaze burned the entire copies of Sonic06 and so that means Silver started in whatever game that came after that. Be nice to Silver he already suffers enough okay! That game was an April Fool's joke. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Any talk of Silver should not involve Sonic06 in the first place!

Edited by TailsTellsTales

I really see no reason why Silver (along with Rivals actually occurring) shouldn't be canon. What helps is the fact that Generations Silver uses his Rivals personality; indicating it's the one from Rivals. 06 is just a mess up that never. HAPPENED. I'm pretty sure, if a member of Sonic Team was asked this question, there's quite the chance they'd say yes through Rivals. It's a confusing topic though.

What does "canon" mean?

Canon means if the event of discussion actually occurred within the continuity or if it was erased after the events.

Edited by Super Spindash

So the Blaze in Sonic 06 is the same person who was in Rush? I didn't think that was the case, so I'm interested in your explanation for how that would be the case.

Also I'm fully aware of the Chaotix thing. I'm just using it for comparison.

There's an unsourced citation on the Sonic wikia that says as such:

"At Sonic Boom 2012, Takashi Iizuka has confirmed that Blaze is in fact from the Sol Dimension, not from the future."

I don't really keep up with anything Sonic-related so I have no idea if this is true or not. And I haven't played any games featuring Blaze to be able to present my own fanon. :v But perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can shed some light on whether this information is true and if so what repercussions it has on our current theories concerning Blaze.

"At Sonic Boom 2012, Takashi Iizuka has confirmed that Blaze is in fact from the Sol Dimension, not from the future."

That is true, Iizuka indeed stated so at Boom '12. We can confirm that Rush is the origin of Blaze, essentially.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 1

What does "canon" mean? I never used this type of terminology. I know canon is a type of gun or cañon is like a canyon, but what does this "canon" mean?! Actually you know I could look it up online whenever I get to it. I guessing it means is it common very well known character?

Sonic06 HAS NEVER EVER EXISTED WAS JOKE!

Tails Doll is more likely to exist than that game! It is an urban legend and/or myth! smile.png Blaze burned the entire copies of Sonic06 and so that means Silver started in whatever game that came after that. Be nice to Silver he already suffers enough okay! That game was an April Fool's joke. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Any talk of Silver should not involve Sonic06 in the first place!

I know 06 was a stain on Sonic's reputation, but that doesn't mean it's not canon. Sonic Team likes to try and forget about it, and the events were erased, but they still technically happened. Oh, and Crisis City is in Generations, so unless you wanted to say Generations is non canon, some level of 06 still exists on a canonical level.

There's an unsourced citation on the Sonic wikia that says as such:

And I agree with that citation. But it doesn't answer my question, which was "Is the Blaze in Sonic 06 and the one in Rush the same person?"

And I don't think it is. The purple cat named Blaze in Crisis City has none of Rush!Blaze's backstory, nor any connection with the Sol Dimension. I also don't believe she went to that dimension after her "death". I believe her existence is a huge mistake that the game developers are trying to ignore.

If Sonic 06 had been a really succesful game, then maybe 06!Blaze would've been the canon one instead with her being-from-the-future thing taken into account in following games. As it stands, including her in Sonic 06 was a blunder, and one best forgetting about.

Subsequently, I also think the fact that Blaze remembers Crisis City in Sonic Generations is a trolling moment from the writers because it really upsets my view.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can't really ignore Blaze's presence in '06 anyway since she still plays that big role at the end of Silver's story (sealing Iblis insider her when Silver couldn't).

First and foremost, the direct answer to the OP is yes, by way of Eggman Nega's canon origin being the one stated in the Rivals games.

As for 06, I believe that it is essentially a stable time loop.  Basically, the cycle has to start somewhere and 06 is it.  In order for history to be rewritten at the end 06, then 06 had to have happened and concluded. Colors DS and Generations straight up confirm this.