Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

I was gonna make the topic. =(

But anyways, this seems very cool. Wondering why the console versions are going to cost so much($2.5M).

All I can say is FUCK YEAH! If Capcom won't give us a new Mega Man game this is the next best thing, and it looks like there's enough unique things about it for it to stand up on it's own and not just be "Mega Man-but-Not". Very excited and I'll be absolutely gutted if this doesn't get funded. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm 100% behind this. If I can't get another legit Megaman title from capcom, I'll take the next best thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

o gosh this looks fantastic

quality team too

gibe

time to tweet some guys at sony to get dem console ports happening

• Thumbs Up 6

quality team too

gibe

Mighty No. 9 on PS4? Take my cash.

So excited to see this, And glad to have Megaman in some form without it necessarily being Megaman so I'm very excited to hear about this project

quality team too

gibe

Why not nintendo, they were always suportive of megaman, no reason they wouldnt be willing to support this now. And thay have been contacting quality indie developers quite frequently

Why not nintendo, they were always suportive of megaman, no reason they wouldnt be willing to support this now. And thay have been contacting quality indie developers quite frequently

Well if the 2.5 million Stretch Goal is reached they did say that one of the platforms would be Wii-U.........

quality team too

gibe

Which guys are taking request again?

Uh, who at Ninty can we bug call up for a port? Nintendo Directs are pretty much the only time we get to see them.
Edited by FourCartridge

Looks like they are trying to aim for current gen + Wii U in terms of consoles though. The 2.5mil stretch goal means they'll produce the console ports for those platforms!

Either way, game is gonna appear in some capacity whether it is PC or on current gen systems. Suuuuuper excited. Also the kickstarter is now at 40k. Double what it was when I even made the first post!! Soooo happy to see that.

Well, I'm referencing the fact that they have a dedicated team signing up indies commanded by this guy and announced just today an internal division to help bring third party games to their consoles and both are extremely receptive to suggestions.

Nintendo doesn't have anything reachable by the fans to my knowledge.

If people start making noise these guys will likely be approached by first parties and have a much, much easier time getting their stuff on consoles so GET TO IT.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Wow, they're not even being subtle about it, are they?

Unfortunately I don't have any money to throw at this, but I'd love to see it get made.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh man, well this is an epic surprise.

I've only played a few of the original Mega Man games, so it's awesome to see something in the same vein as it. I'm not the craziest most avid Mega Man fan, so I don't follow it insanely but I do like it, but it's obvious they've had too many spoonfuls of shit recently, so it's awesome to hear they at least get something by someone that's gonna deliver those fans something they want.

Heck, as cool as Mega Man is and such, I'd risk to say I'm even more excited for this kinda thing than I would a regular Megaman sequel. It's really refreshing haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everything about this looks fantastic, im really happy to see that it's gonna be a full 3D game by the looks of it. I may fund this at some point.

• Thumbs Up 1

well the Amikrog guys(who were also some of the guys behind earthworm jim and neverhood), were contacted by Nintendo and they are now doing a wii-u version

I love Megaman so I definitely went ahead and backed this up. This has been the only kickstarter I have ever backed up before, I will save up for a decent computer so I can play this once it does come out. Megaman is probably my second favorite gaming franchise next to Sonic, and the X series is my favorite. Mighty No. 9 looks a lot like Mega Man.exe, I'm okay with that. Take that crapcom for treating your best franchise like crap the last few years! Oh wait there's going to be a Wii U version?! I'm definitely trying to save up for one ever since Lost World was announced, this will give me yet another reason to get a Wii U! :o

I just joined Kickstarter to fund this. I both love and dread the fact that the characters are basically re imaginings of classic Megaman characters especially Roll Ciel Call. It's gonna be an annoying reminder that this isn't an official Megaman game and could get the project called out by Capcom for copyright infringement.

I just joined Kickstarter to fund this. I both love and dread the fact that the characters are basically re imaginings of classic Megaman characters especially Roll Ciel Call. It's gonna be an annoying reminder that this isn't an official Megaman game and could get the project called out by Capcom for copyright infringement.

I'm pretty sure Inafune made sure there's no Infringement when he started this. Kickstarters are very risky things even when people like them.

Over 1000 backers and nearly $70,000 put forward already!

You smell all that money and support from just an hour of being known by one page with information and a single video where the creator speaks directly to us, Capcom? This could have been yours.

Going to fund this once I get home. Only able to make a tumblr post about it for now; hope this'll be done already by when I wake up! So excited!

Edit: $80,000 while posting.

Edited by t0ms0nic