Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

seriously though, maybe someone should send this to Nintendo's of americas twitter page, or Iwatas, they do work with indies, specialy ones with such big background, just arent as open since they prefer a bit more quality

(I am considering backing it, but only if a wii-u version is confirmed)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

I'll donate next week (it's when I get paid). I'll gladly give $70 to the Fuck Capcom cause-I mean to this lovely Mega Man inspired game.

Edited by Balding Spider

Over 1000 backers and nearly $70,000 put forward already! You smell all that money and support from just an hour of being known by one page with information and a single video where the creator speaks directly to us, Capcom? This could have been yours. Going to fund this once I get home. Only able to make a tumblr post about it for now; hope this'll be done already by when I wake up! So excited! Edit: $80,000 while posting.
Idk If I should be scared or impressed

What a brilliant surprise this was! A super talented team that are genuinely passionate about bringing a quality product to their audiences. This is already looking brilliant, and it's already raised around $100,000. This thing just has to get backed.

• Thumbs Up 2

What happened to that other game he was working on called king of the pirates or something like that idk

Is it wrong that I could easily see Capcom starting a new Megaman game now just to spite Inafune?

If anything, I'd guess Capcom will ride off the hype train of this project after deciding there's money to be made.

Edited by Symbotic
  • Thumbs Up 3

ZazsG6B.jpg

The feels...

You should feel excited. Any other emotion is wrong.

Almost cried seeing that lol.

Now, wow, this Kickstarter. It's Megaman in every way possible, besides the name.  I can this game achieving all of it's stretch goals and maybe even more. And  I wonder how Capcom feels about this, must be a strange feeling.

Can't wait to see how all of this will turn out.

Is it wrong that I could easily see Capcom starting a new Megaman game now just to spite Inafune?

I could totally see that... but more likely it'd just be them taking another fan game and digitally distributing it.

What happened to that other game he was working on called king of the pirates or something like that idk

Inafune was gonna make a One Piece game?! *shot*

No but for some reason I can see them sue Inafune
Inafune was gonna make a One Piece game?! *shot*
Kinda it's one piece with animals

Someone should start a huge buzz about this on the miiverse about this and get nintendos attention

• Thumbs Up 3

As much as I want a new Megaman game, I refuse to be happy about this. I'm all for Inafune doing an ORIGINAL idea, but to straight up rip off the series he has no rights to anymore is just lazy and and criminal, regardless of whether Capcom's actually doing anything with the series right now or not. Doing this is also just proof that he doesn't have any of his own worthwhile ideas. If he's actually worth a damn anymore as a game designer he wouldn't have to resort to this. I said the same thing about Ken Penders with the whole situation with the Archie Sonic comic. Won't be long before Capcom at least attempts to get the project pulled for copyright infringement.

Good lord, I absolutely love all this concept art. I really hope they reach their goal(s). If I had the monies I would definitely be throwing all of it at this.

Also,  Mighty No. 2 reminds me a lot of Omochao...that's probably just me though. 8U

Holy freakin' christ, it's already at $120K.

I love the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not even a Megaman fan in the slightest, but I'm backing this simply to spite Capcom on the way they treat this guy, and because this might be the game to get me into liking this sort of thing since it's a new fresh start.

hope my $500 is money well spent and they actually deliver.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm not even a Megaman fan in the slightest, but I'm backing this simply to spite Capcom on the way they treat this guy, and because this might be the game to get me into liking this sort of thing since it's a new fresh start.

hope my $500 is money well spent and they actually deliver.

Soniko, I'm seriously starting to wonder where you get all that money and where you work and if they're hiring.

And it's already gone up by $10K in 10 minutes. It's frightening how fast this Kickstarter is going around!

• Thumbs Up 1

The concept art and character designs are looking really cool! I'd love the see this get made, even if I'm not really a big Mega Man fan in the first place.

Edited by Person

Soniko, I'm seriously starting to wonder where you get all that money and where you work and if they're hiring.

And it's already gone up by $10K in 10 minutes. It's frightening how fast this Kickstarter is going around!

Got to love currency conversion by countries~ 

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I want a new Megaman game, I refuse to be happy about this. I'm all for Inafune doing an ORIGINAL idea, but to straight up rip off the series he has no rights to anymore is just lazy and and criminal, regardless of whether Capcom's actually doing anything with the series right now or not. Doing this is also just proof that he doesn't have any of his own worthwhile ideas. If he's actually worth a damn anymore as a game designer he wouldn't have to resort to this. I said the same thing about Ken Penders with the whole situation with the Archie Sonic comic. Won't be long before Capcom at least attempts to get the project pulled for copyright infringement.
No don't compare Inafune to Penders ever. Inafune is doing this because he knows fans want another mega man game so he's doing the best he can. Ken has nothing and trying to profit of something he's established claiming copyrights and a graphic novel that nobody asked for
  • Thumbs Up 4

No don't compare Inafune to Penders ever. Inafune is doing this because he knows fans want another mega man game so he's doing the best he can. Ken has nothing and trying to profit of something he's established claiming copyrights and a graphic novel that nobody asked for

Doesn't matter what people want, doesn't change the fact these 2 are trying to lay claim to something they don't rightfully own. When the copyright claims start rolling in, Inafune will play the same "they look nothing alike" card that Penders used.

How is it a ripoff when there's clearly original ideas here too, like the transformations and obtaining attacks from regular enemies...?!?

To be fair transforming in to bosses was introduced in ZX/Advent and stealing attacks from enemies was the key ability of Zero 4.