Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

2 minutes ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

What was his background exactly?

Well Inafune has gone on record saying that he was still at Capcom he overspend the budget for his games so Capcom wouldn't cancel them and had no choice but to release them in order to get their money's worth. I'm not sure if it applied to Legends 3, Universe and Rockmen online tho but that is a pretty sneaky business policy.

Another note is that he was the one who wanted Capcom to branch out their IP's to western developers because Japanese devs don't understand the west which is true but at the same time I think they took his advise the wrong way. Also didn't help that he was bashing the Japanese video game industry and look at where he is he's no better than the people he bashed.

From what I heard he's part of the reason why Clover Studios shut down and why they're known as Platinum games. Oh and one other thing I can't find it but I remember he was being interviewed when somebody left Capcom and went to develop an ripoff/ spiritual successor to Onimusha and bashed him for doing it which is ironic considering the situation he's in now. 

• Thumbs Up 4

...you know what? I say fuck it. I'm done. I barely have enough hard drive space on my system and I am not spending a hundred bucks on an external drive with this farce of game as the excuse. Either the1payday is telling the truth or he's a really convincing fake, but at this point? After watching how the development period for Mighty No. 9 spiralled deeper and deeper into banality I'd believe it. I'm done. Done, done, done. Done. Fini. Je n'en peux plus. I wanted to deny what I've seen and tried to hope for the best, but I am done.

Who wants my Wii U download code for this trash heap once it drops later this week? This $60 USD investment is absolutely worthless to me and I am high on apathy right now! :'D

Backing this was a mistake. Please forgive me for contributing to this Kickstarter and making it a reality. You all deserved better. I've said it before, that I wish I could unback this somehow and not lose my money over this, but this was just not meant to be. The damage is already done.

...I just went through the five stages of grief over Mighty No. 9. Damn it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Sean said:

I don't want this game anywhere near my Nintendo account or play history

And I do not blame you for feeling that way. please take this off my hands

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, VizardJeffhog said:

...you know what? I say fuck it. I'm done. I barely have enough hard drive space on my system and I am not spending a hundred bucks on an external drive with this farce of game as the excuse. Either the1payday is telling the truth or he's a really convincing fake, but at this point? After watching how the development period for Mighty No. 9 spiralled deeper and deeper into banality I'd believe it. I'm done. Done, done, done. Done. Fini. Je n'en peux plus. I wanted to deny what I've seen and tried to hope for the best, but I am done.

Who wants my Wii U download code for this trash heap once it drops later this week? This $60 USD investment is absolutely worthless to me and I am high on apathy right now! :'D

Backing this was a mistake. Please forgive me for contributing to this Kickstarter and making it a reality. You all deserved better. I've said it before, that I wish I could unback this somehow and not lose my money over this, but this was just not meant to be. The damage is already done.

Don't feel bad man everybody got caught up in the kickstarter hype and nobody could of seen this coming back when it was first announced. 

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, VizardJeffhog said:

If you're serious on giving your code away I'll take it lmao. I've lived through Sonic Boom I can live through this.

Edit: Actually, I can't live through this. Don't even bother sending me a code.

• Thumbs Up 5

40 minutes ago, VizardJeffhog said:

Man, Viz, I'll take this bullet. If you still have it, I'll take the code.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Autosaver said:

Users on Reddit have early copies of the Wii U version. They're citing 45 second load times every death, horrible performance issues, and the game freezing the console every so often forcing a hard reset of the console.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MightyNo9/comments/4p1j4f/just_got_it_early/

W-

I-

JUST--

HOW DID THIS GAME HAPPEN

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, this certainly went up in smokes in hindsight.

Not really all that bothered that I invested in this - sad I lost $60, but after more than 3 years, it's pretty much a small speck in the funds you make up.

• Thumbs Up 2

A history of Mighty No.9

Everything after that.

"It is the present year"

Then the game comes out 

This video was fun to make lol. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Remy said:

I wonder where all the money went

To the dumpster fire that heats Comcept's offices.

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

CldCYRdUYAE-OHf.jpg

IT. NEVER. ENDS. Holy crap.

The backers never leave the ride Dejimon. Never.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I lost all desire to get it now...I figured I would get it because I felt forced to...because I had to after backing it.

But now I don't want it possibly breaking any of my consoles. I don't know if it'll do that, but I don't think I want to find out.

I'll wait for a patch, assuming I'm still even somewhat interested by then. The game's officially dead to me. Or is it? Well, I hope Comcept learns from this, but I sincerely doubt it.

As for Capcom? It seems they're trying to rebuild their image. Stuff proves they're not out of the woods yet, but it seems they're trying, anyways.

I'm now seriously convinced Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation was a blessing in disguise. I'd still like a Mega Man Legends 3, but out of Inafune? I'd rather only Aero and a few other ideas be carried over into whatever we may get, but I don't think I'd want Inafune involved anymore. But yeah, I'm starting to be glad that game was cancelled. That's how bad it's gotten.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've told a friend that something was up with this project. At this point I don't know whenever to laugh at his misery or cry with him like an anime fan on prom night. To think that about 3 years ago Capcom was about as bad as EA and a large majority of Mega Man fans, in good faith, paraded around Inafune. Now, while Capcom hasn't completely won the fans back, with what happened with Street Fighter 5, they're still a hell a lot more respectable than Inafune right now. Can't wait to see how Red Ash turns out after a million delays.

Also, @Balding Spider signature sums up what Comcept is doing right now.

Edited by MayaFey
Grammatical error
  • Thumbs Up 1

I honestly feel bad for Inafune. He didn't seem to have any idea what he was doing in terms of development, marketing, or... Anything, really. And since he screwed up so badly, no one's gonna wanna buy anything else involving him.

I'd be willing to give him a second chance, though if I'm wrong, that'll be it from me. :V

And to think Inafune wanted to make a TV Show, movie and all that with this property.

Geez, what a train wreck.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why you guys are mad at least the game is better than nothing right?

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/21/inafune-launch-version-of-mighty-no-9-is-better-than-nothing/

It’s better than nothing”. That’s the assessment of Keiji Inafune following the damning critical reception of his new platformer Mighty No.9. The reality is they put everything into making this game,” Inafune said, as translated by Comcept’s Ben Judd, Vice reports. “They didn’t try to microtransaction it out, they didn’t try to DLC it out for extra money. They put it all in. So, for now, this is what you see and what you get, for the Mighty No. 9 world. But, again, we can hope that if things go well, there’ll be sequels. Because I’ll tell you what, I’m not getting my 2D side-scrolling fill. And at the end of the day, even if it’s not perfect, it’s better than nothing. At least, that’s my opinion

Here's the video of him saying it 

Holy crap the nerve. 

• Thumbs Up 1