Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

A little thank you message from Inafune 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEYGZ7SFvbM

It really makes me warm inside to see how happy he (and the team) is. You can really tell this is their dream project and they are super elated to be able to make the game. It's really great.

Out of curiosity do you think Nintendo should buy mega man?

If they would actually use the IP due to some good re-exposure due to Smash Bros, then yes I would like that. 

But that's off topic. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Keiji expected how fast people were willing to just throw money in the 2 days it reached it's goal?

it's almost scary how fast money is raised through these kickstarters

Scary...................for Capcom since they could have had this money and support.

People been begging Capcom for  new Mega Man game, and those bastards just freaking ignore the fans pleas, and it's not just Mega Man. Capcom is all obssessed with Street Fighter to really care for their other games, through I guess the same could be said for Sega's Sonic series.

Capcom better not get in the way of this project.

• Thumbs Up 6

Its only a matter of time. Well probably get another mega man game before we get a new star fox and f-zero game. Im curious didnt they say at Pax East that they were making a new mega man game? Also they said that they were going to show us something at comc con what happened?

Come on and reach that second stretch! You're down by $16,000 at the time of this post.

This game is as much a Mega Man ripoff as Freedom Planet is a Sonic ripoff

i.e. not at all

Wasn't Freedom Planet originally a Sonic game? >.>

Hey guys, what if Capcom supported Inafune in his endeavors and was fully behind this project?

It's...

It's not too out there...

Guys...?

Hey guys, what if Capcom supported Inafune in his endeavors and was fully behind this project?

It's...

then half of all their stuff is forgiven

Edited by Dejimon11

Is it safe for me to assume Inafune and his team will be self-publishing the game, as next-gen consoles/handhelds don't need to pay a fee or get an official publisher or anything? Or did I miss something?

It's...

Guys...?

That'd be some machiavellian shit... pretend to be paying for half of the game via proxy accounts, then pull away the funding at the last minute and the kickstarter would fail.

o dear

With all due respect, what'd you expect? To just magically know the ins-and-outs of Japanese as soon as you leave your plane? There's being disappointed and then there's just being unreasonable, comrade.

Unreasonable is expecting someone to pay for a $500 plane ticket on top of hotel fare in a country they know nothing about without even knowing if they're being provided a translator for assistance after they just gave you $10,000 to go torwards your game.

He should be paying for the ticket. He should be paying for Hotel fare. He should clarify how you're going to make your way around Japan.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, seeing how Keiji went this route, it would be amazing to see other veterans completely abandon publishers and use their names to make Kickstarters and fund independent projects. That'll really hit the industry where it hurts.

• Thumbs Up 5

You know, seeing how Keiji went this route, it would be amazing to see other veterans completely abandon publishers and use their names to make Kickstarters and fund independent projects. That'll really hit the industry where it hurts.

The crowd sourcing bubble would have to burst at some point. Not even the gaming community has infinite money to throw around. A much bigger game would require an equally large budget also. Haters gonna hate, but I don't want to see high end AAA titles go extinct completely because we don't always like game publishers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still not sure if someone posted this but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WEYGZ7SFvbM

Edited by KaBlamJamDan
  • Thumbs Up 2

The crowd sourcing bubble would have to burst at some point. Not even the gaming community has infinite money to throw around. A much bigger game would require an equally large budget also. Haters gonna hate, but I don't want to see high end AAA titles go extinct completely because we don't always like game publishers.

In a way, the 'bubble' has already burst, people are much more cautious about backing projects than they were during the days of stuff like Double Fine Adventure.

Besides, high-end AAA titles are already doing a bang-up job digging an increasingly bigger hole for themselves to the point where the AAA side of the industry may actually experience a crash.