Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

There is a major difference though. If Naka made the "next Sonic," it would not be received in the same way that Inafune's Mighty no 9, primarily because Sega still makes Sonic games and pumps them out quite regularly. Capcom on the other hand has constantly given Mega Man the shaft, so the reveal of M#9 is much more welcome and necessary. 

True that Sonic games have not been perfect, but they're still there, and they're actually really good games.

There's actually a stigma that Sonic games suck. It doesn't help reviewers always start out with "Sonic has had a rough past lately".

The internet would scream in joy if Yuji Naka did something like that. We got Sonic 4, sure, but it's nothing to what Naka produced.

• Thumbs Up 2

And we have Update no. 5: Meet Mighty no. 5!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/589192?ref=activity

SRVQTWR.jpg

“The gatling gun is a personal favorite when it comes to heavy weaponry, as it packs a lot of aesthetic impact. It would be great if these designs could shift focus to the gatling. Additionally, the overall look should hint at how the character will attack in-game.”
  • Thumbs Up 4

I like the final design but I also looooove the Inti Creates designs that were too elaborate. I think they always do such a good job at designing their mechs! I am also glad that the designs for the bosses they are going with aren't going to be always restricted to being humanoid - that alone differentiates it a bit further from the Megaman style and I'm kinda glad for that. Plus it should make Beck's transformations look different too!

Looks like that guys head can swivel down and he can shoot you - almost like he has a revolver head or something. I dig it in any case.

Some really cool fanart has been springing up! (spoilerd for massive images)

tumblr_mshgzcyoC01soiinjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_msfc9kGG3d1qgdwuso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_msjdazcIjY1qcz8hoo1_1280.gif

I really like how this project is amassing so much fan art already, there are just a few ones I liked.

• Thumbs Up 6

I seriously don't know whether to go with Not!Roll or Not!Aero for the female character. Like I really can't pick.

Some really cool fanart has been springing up! (spoilerd for massive images)

tumblr_mshgzcyoC01soiinjo1_1280.jpg

I expect Rule 34 within the next few hours.

I expect Rule 34 within the next few hours.

As far as I know it actually already exists...............

And before anyone goes "oh the humanity, people are so lewd!!", by this point it's done as a joke and as a challenge, to see who can produce the first piece of r34.

Someone still masturbates to it, tho'

Someone always does

I seriously don't know whether to go with Not!Roll or Not!Aero for the female character. Like I really can't pick.

I think I like the green haired design the most, but I'm not entirely sure I feel it as "Beck’s trusted partner, Call". Though to be fair there's a lot of directions that could be taken and seeing NotRoll might have me assuming things about their relationship that might not be true.

Anyway regardless I kinda hope they don't use NotRoll just because she's so blatantly NotRoll and I'd rather Mn9 do a bit more to set itself apart from Megaman.

e: backpack NotEddie is cool in my book tho'

Edited by Diogenes

As long as Call is a playable character with her own moves, I think that's enough to differentiate her from Roll.

Although it looks as though Beck is the only one planned to be playable so far.

I'll probably go with Not!Aero just so I can have a piece of MML3 live on, so yeah...

I prefer the pink-haired chick yeah. Not everyone has to be a direct facelift of their Mega Man counterparts.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would love to see Call become a playable character at some point. Who knows, maybe that's the mystery goal? I love how the console goal is now 2.2 million making it even more closer to getting a console version! I bumped my pledge up to $20 so I will be getting a digital copy. However if the 3DS version does come to be, I don't know which one I would pick the 360 version or 3DS version for awesome action on the go. :V Also out of the concept art for Call I like the one with purple pigtails. :3 She's cute, but also looks like she's about to attack at any time. I would love to see the character look more badass and less like Roll. :P

Edited by Ravenfreak

As long as Call is a playable character with her own moves, I think that's enough to differentiate her from Roll.

I dunno, even if she was playable the design is just too similar to me. I mean, Beck obviously has similarities to Megaman, but designwise I think he stands pretty well as his own character. NotRoll feels too much like the relationship between Classic Megaman and X. Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playable Call would sell this game to me even more than it already is.

Personally I like the purple haired one the most, but pink haired Call is good too.

Looking at the concept art from Inti Creates, some of the designs for No. 5 look a lot cooler than the final design. But then again, they might've overshadowed No. 7 and 8, and seeing how 8 looks like he might have some kind of samurai look to him (or maybe not) it makes sense to me to change it to that.

As does the whole "constrained by the past" from Comcept.

...but who in the hell came up with the designs with the phallic-looking gatling gun in some of these?!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Ya know, a random thought occurred to me on becks name. I mean his name is beck and technically a successor to megaman and in the show tron uprising the main characters name is beck and he is supposed to be a successor to tron (in a storyline sense) I just find it kind of cool though I know its just coincidence.

Like Megaman's Musically themed character names (Rock, Roll, Treble, Bass) it seems we might also be seeing a theme occuring here with Beck and Call?

I was looking over the Kickstarter page, and I noticed that, apparently, three people have already pledged over $10,000, and have thus earned the privilege to pay for a trip to Tokyo and have dinner with Keiji Inafune.

How much do you wanna bet that the six other slots will end up filled?

I was looking over the Kickstarter page, and I noticed that, apparently, three people have already pledged over $10,000, and have thus earned the privilege to pay for a trip to Tokyo and have dinner with Keiji Inafune.

How much do you wanna bet that the six other slots will end up filled?

brb getting my mom's credit card

• Thumbs Up 2

Well at this point, I'm being honest when I say I'll be surprised if it hits the 2.2 mil mark, and even then I'm expecting to eat those words.

We still have $40k left to reach, but I can't wait to see the Documentary on this game!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc