Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Or maybe it's because, you know, Kickstarter doesn't support PayPal.

Nor do many other things. I don't quite understand why so many people are totally adverse to cash transactions online that don't use PP. But it doesn't matter anyway. The Kickstarter is well underway, with extra PP support. Yay for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, it's been less than two hours, and we're already up an additional $50K, disregarding unknown additions to the Paypal amount.

We're less than $50K away from the Support stretch goal.

Less than 2 days remain.

The Kickstarter Krunch has begun.

I really hope they allow donations after this because I'd gladly put $60 down but I'm in a bit of a rut right now and I could probably have the money within the next month or so. I'd really hate to miss out on the exclusive transformation, too, as it's an actual gameplay feature.

Adding the Kickstarter and Paypal amounts together... The support partner stretch goal has been reached!

And that's pretty much all I need from this project really, don't really care about the extra ports at this point.

Edit: They updated the list. The $3,700,000 stretch goal is a single player Call stage+boss. MOTHERFUCKER. Why didn't they swap it with the Xbone/PS4 stretch goal, because I'd rather take that over those ports.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 6

I'd also rather the handheld versions came before the next gen console versions. I would love to be able to take this game anywhere with me on my 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'd also rather the handheld versions came before the next gen console versions. I would love to be able to take this game anywhere with me on my 3DS.

And PSVita.

Portables + WiiU/PS3/Xbox 360 would have been the best combo.

Wii U + PS3 + Xbox 360/PS4 + Xbox One is meh...

Its one of those times when I wish some millionare that also happens to be a megaman fan donates like 2 mil to this project or something.

Edit: Also here is a placeholder animation for the game at the moment, it will not look like this in the finished game (nothing like this apparently) but I gotta admit that it still looks pretty darn good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M&feature=youtu.be

Edited by megadude001

The 3D test looks very sweet, though I have to wonder how they'd be able to port over to 3DS if it ends up being an Unreal Engine game.

Remarkably, this title is well on its way to becoming one of ten the most funded Kickstarter projects ever, securing 9th place even if you ignore the paypal pledges. If the last 30 or so hours goes into overdrive, this game could even overtake Double Fine Adventure and hit sixth place. I'll be shocked if it somehow overtakes Project Eternity (in 5th place), though.

Its one of those times when I wish some millionare that also happens to be a megaman fan donates like 2 mil to this project or something.

Edit: Also here is a placeholder animation for the game at the moment, it will not look like this in the finished game (nothing like this apparently) but I gotta admit that it still looks pretty darn good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M&feature=youtu.be

I was hoping for hand drawn sprites.

Hope the final game is hand drawn.

I was hoping for hand drawn sprites.

Hope the final game is hand drawn.

Noooope, it won't. They're outright working with 3D animation in the original pitch.

Besides, all the transformations would be an absolute bitch to animate in 2D, I can understand why they took the 3D route.

seven day's and the test video already seems to show they've nailed the jump and speed. Upped my pledge from $60 to $80.

Has this been posted yet?

Looks really smooth and proper, which is great but.............there's no evidence of X influence (wall-jumping and dashing). There at least better be a charge shot...........Sigh..........................ah well. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Looks really smooth and proper, which is great but.............there's no evidence of X influence (wall-jumping and dashing). Sigh..........................ah well. 

It does say that all assets and animations are placeholders, plus this was just a quick test to see if the Unreal Engine will be a viable engine to use for this game.

It does say that all assets and animations are placeholders, plus this was just a quick test to see if the Unreal Engine will be a viable engine to use for this game.

I know that, I was just saying that there was no evidence of dashing or wall-jumping in the gameplay. Was not judging the visuals. 

Yeah, it's on the last page, but it wasn't embedded for some reason. 

What they showed looks great for something they made in only seven days. I'm interested in what the final character models are going to look like. 

I know that, I was just saying that there was no evidence of dashing or wall-jumping in the gameplay. Was not judging the visuals. 

There's no gameplay to be seen- it's not a gameplay video. As it says, it's a visualisation test done in a mere 7 days. The fact that there's no sign of dashing or wall-jumping means as much as there being no sign sound.

• Thumbs Up 5

Then why'd they make the concepts in 2D?

oh well. I'll still enjoy it anyways.

...because most, hell, all game concepts generally start in 2D?

Sonic_4_Concept_Art.jpg

Sonic 4, used 3D models, 2D concept art.

tumblr_lu5wzd4HaX1qdtw9eo1_500.png

Same goes for Generations.

It's easier to draw out initial concept sketches and such than 3D model them, bud. Pretty much all games start out with 2D Concept art.

Yeah, it's on the last page, but it wasn't embedded for some reason. 

What they showed looks great for something they made in only seven days. I'm interested in what the final character models are going to look like. 

Oh yeah sorry, I don't really know how to embed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posting this because people should read it. 

s1n4Nfd.png

VxlD1ES.png

Even with 3D models they're still targeting something that looks like the concept art on the front page. Which would be awesome. It's the UE3 engine, which a lot of people might roll their eyes at, but even games like Guilty Gear XRD are using it. 

guilty-gear-xrd.jpg

ibtTN3xdIP6pHD.gif

It can still end up looking 2D with the right cel-shading and other visual tricks. 

Oh yeah sorry, I don't really know how to embed.

I usually just paste the link but that apparently didn't work for you so I have no idea either. :V

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posting this because people should read it. 

s1n4Nfd.png

VxlD1ES.png

Well that quells my fears for now: although I do want that super smooth jumping and standard running though (not animation-wise, gameplay-wise).

I just hope that in the end that it has at least some X influence: while Classic Megaman gameplay is really good and all, X gameplay kind of blows it out of the water.

Well that quells my fears for now: although I do want that super smooth jumping and standard running though (not animation-wise, gameplay-wise).

I just hope that in the end that it has at least some X influence: while Classic Megaman gameplay is really good and all, X gameplay kind of blows it out of the water.

Agreed with this, been playing a lot of megaman zero lately and my god is it satisfying to just dash through stages like that, but I think in the end we will atleast get a form that lets beck dash since unlike the classic megaman he should just be able to transform his feet for it.