Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

I wasn't hyped on this before... BUT I am now. My only thing is I WISH it was 2D, I really want a REAL 2D awesome looking capcom style from the 90's game again. But this is good in and of itself.. my wallet is ready. 

• 2 weeks later...

A new update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTogbZDTgvE&feature=youtu.be

:P

• Thumbs Up 9

There'll probably be an item that saves 1hp if you hit a spike.

Gameplay looks easy. I hope that not every enemy can be absorbed like that. It'd be ridiculous if you could just dash through everything.

You need to be able to shoot the enemies before dashing into them...but it doesn't look like every enemy will be that easy anyway.

Okay, the gameplay isn't just a carbon copy of MM and X. That's good. I bet Spikes will OHKO Beck, but I'd rather like to see it take half of your HP to make it different.

Take the Basic Mega Man and X Game-play:

Running and Jumping

Shooting, Jumping and Shooting

Dashing and air dashing...then that's where Mighty No.9 ends with its basic Mega Man game-play.

• 2 weeks later...

More stuff.

We got some more enemy designs.

I see Sniper Joe went and fused with Skull Man.

Neat design, and it looks like they have other designs for not!sniper joe.

• 1 month later...

Shooting enemies to stun them for a sec and then dashing through them to finish them off. Hmm.

I like it. It sort of gives the game it's own rhythm. 

Yeah, it  seems like a really good way to keep the pace going.

A bit disappointed at the lack of X influence other then a dash being there, but other then that it looks good. Like the idea of shooting enemies then dashing for the kill, it's a new idea to Mega Man (or Mega Man-styled) games that looks cool. 

Now that's a new way of killing baddies. Makes me wonder how the other weapons will affect the gameplay (I'd guess Dashing is Beck's attack like X had his Buster and Zero his Saber).

I find interesting that the Dash can also be used to avoid enemy attacks, it feels a little too easy how he avoids No.2's water pump but it makes me wonder if there'll be times when there'll be too much going on at the same time and you'll have to dodge in order to keep yourself alive. That or No.2's water really doesn't do any damage and it only hurts once it's frozen.

Also, the boss lifebar looks really bad, and the artstyle could look a bit prettier here and there (maybe give a bit more umph factor to the fact you are killing enemies with the Dash) but that's probably getting fixed later.

EDIT: Ha! I noticed you can also watch No.2's fight on the screens, nice detail. XD

It's nice that some form of dash is there, but it'd be even nicer to know if the game will have wall jumping.

It's nice that some form of dash is there, but it'd be even nicer to know if the game will have wall jumping.

Considering No 9 went up against a wall several times in that video and did not cling whatsoever, and the level design doesn't really seem to be based around walljumping.....seems unlikely at this point. 

Baby steps I guess, at least we have a ledge grab which should make those near miss jumps a little less aggravating.

The game is coming a long way. Glad to see how beautiful it looks now.

I wonder when we'll get to see the transforming in action.

Considering No 9 went up against a wall several times in that video and did not cling whatsoever, and the level design doesn't really seem to be based around walljumping.....seems unlikely at this point. 

*sigh* and the walljump is what makes boss fights in the X series and Zero series so fun too.

oh well

That last gameplay clip looks promising.

The game is really coming along nicely, with own unique touches that make it it's own now..

Dashing through bullets and the like may seem easy here, but will most likely be harder and/or have more intense combinations ahead or in higher dificulty settings, so don't sweat on it.

• 3 weeks later...

So are we ever going to get a release date for this? they said it would release in 2015 and so far all the updates have been pretty inane and just all around underwhelming.

So are we ever going to get a release date for this? they said it would release in 2015 and so far all the updates have been pretty inane and just all around underwhelming.

April 2015 is the date right now but thats about it.

Last time I checked release dates for games don't come when the game still has almost/around a year of development left. We won't get a release date for this probably until around Holiday season.

Also we had a new gameplay trailer less than a month ago. That hardly seems like an inane update to me.

• 2 weeks later...

More gameplay footage.

A slight redesign for Call. And some footage of her gameplay.

Oh goodie. Instead of dashing, Call crawls. In a skirt. This can only end in good things...

If you want to compare the Calls, here's the original and new.

MN9_CallF-2.jpg

40e3c1fafd1a9b30ec4e1a85d6fa72de_large.j

• Thumbs Up 1