Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

So does dashing give Mighty invulnerability or something? He was dashing straight through that attack that Not Pump Man was using.

Beck.

And it's probably too early to tell. The game's only in the early stages, and they didn't really get hurt that much.

The game is starting to look quite a bit different from Mega Man. Glad to see that. 

a9e5a6d034fcc1673d1e824d083cd40f_large.g

ccf7182ff52528deb894badb30e80f95_large.g

The thing on her back looks like some kind of jetpack. That's neat, I guess. 

My sister will be attending AX14, I'll tell her if she can attend one of the panels and get me some pics.

So does dashing give Mighty invulnerability or something? He was dashing straight through that attack that Not Pump Man was using.

Looking at the new gameplay footage it doesn't seem to, only that little water pump thing that no.2 did was dashed through but every other attack shown couldn't be dashed through at all.

Mighty no.9 is getting an animated series

More info here:

http://www.dfx.co.jp/en/works/tv/

Target Audience: Kids 6 - 11
Genre: Action, Comedy
Format: 26 episodes x 22 minutes
Style: CG Animation
Release: Q2 2016 (TBD)

So we are getting the standard 22-3 minute approach to a new show based on Mighty No. 9. Man imagine my hype until 2016. I'm not really sure if it's going to air in Japan or America though.

Both seems likely. It's obviously airing in English, but I'm sure it will be in Japanese too considering it's a Japanese game.

Mighty no.9 is getting an animated series

So Beck is a coward. Awesome.

New stretch goals are in place, and they opened up crowdfunding again (moar money). First stretch goal is english voice acting.

• Thumbs Up 1

I uh... 

I feel like they're kind of jumping the gun. I mean the game got funded. I get that they want to expand the brand, but it seems a little early to do an animated series on it.

Also Beck's face looks really creepy to me at some points. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Well look, we won't even see hide nor hair of this series until late 2015 and it won't even start airing until 2016. we've got time to establish this brand.

They jumped the gun on this and announced it 2 years early to get funding for the series, much like with the game a year ago.

Game? Sounds cool. Real cool. It'll be great to get a new Mega-man original Inafune tile.

TV series - eh. Not really interested to be honest. It feels like they're jumping the gun, why would they even feel the need to do this? Although this game is beloved, sure, I don't think it'll be popular enough to warrant a TV series at all. And it's just asking for unnecessary attention from Capcom, provided they ever get their shit together.

So game? Cool. Fantastic little indie title. TV series? Completely unnecessary.

Well...that was...okay I guess. Wasn't really too fond of Beck being mostly mute though him being given an actual voice probably wouldn't have been much better. 

I took a big notice that it's going to be another 'action comedy' marketed towards little boys.

Because it's not like some of us already know that there's already a CGI action comedy cartoon that's coming out soon and just so happens to be based off a popular video game franchise, sub-series or otherwise.  /sarcasm/

EDIT: Okay, I didn't mean it as a bad thing. I just can't help but notice a pattern whenever there's a new upcoming CGI cartoon that's based off a video game series, it always comes with being an action comedy.

Now they're releasing a tv series too? They sure have a lot of faith in Mighty No. 9 as a franchise... O_O Will it even sell that well? I mean I know it's one of the most funded Kickstarters ever, but so is Ouya and look how that turned out!

I don't know if I'll be watching it once it airs in 2016 (!) since I'm much more interested in the game, but I do hope both the game and cartoon will be a success for Inafune.

• Thumbs Up 1

An animated series? Neat. More funders and stretch goals? What.

The first one was a huge success, but I don't think it reflects very well to have the fans do everything they want to do for them by doing it again after such a short amount of time. If people want to pay for this it's up to them of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not successful.

What the hell? I'm gone all day and this pops up?

*Grumble, grumble*

Alright. This seems a little bit early to be pushing something like this. But it looks...kind of nice, actually. That model really needs some touching up, though. He looks kind of weird.

Wait. I just realized that this is the first time we've actually seen Beck use his transformation powers in footage. Just not game footage.

I was hoping for something a little more than just wearing the bodies of his dead "siblings." (Wow, I just made that disturbing).

...As long as Pink Call can get some sort of appearance in the show, I don't care. I'll be set for life.

Wait. I just realized that this is the first time we've actually seen Beck use his transformation powers in footage. Just not game footage.

See here: http://youtu.be/h-6u8_G_J7I?t=2m35s

Also shows a bit of Call in action.  Granted this video came out the same time as the animation teaser and wasn't linked in this thread.

An animated series? Neat. More funders and stretch goals? What.

The first one was a huge success, but I don't think it reflects very well to have the fans do everything they want to do for them by doing it again after such a short amount of time. If people want to pay for this it's up to them of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not successful.

I'm more worried if they're going to delay it because of a sudden "oh here's an idea"

Personally I don't know why voice acting is somethign to look forward to in a fucking MEga Man game since Inafune's writing is as shallow as his design.

• Thumbs Up 2

They raised over $4,000,000 if you count their paypal alongside Kickstarter.

Now they want more to pay for shit $4,000,000 could easily cover? Go fuck yourself, Inafune.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm more worried about them charging $23 for preorders, yet still maintaining that it's cheaper than buying the game on its own.

Unless this is a subtle hint at a retail release, I'll be skipping out on the game.

Fuck you, I'm not paying $30 for a download title.

• Thumbs Up 1