Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Wait, how are you playing the beta? The only way to play it was to donate more than the amount needed to buy the game.

You seriously think the internet has gone this long without dropboxing this shit?

Eddy sent me link to a download for it. Don't have the link anymore.

I've never been one for Mega Man honestly, so I don't know much about how it plays. But I watched the first 2 minutes of that video and thought it looked dull as.

Trust me, any Megaman game is tons more exciting than whatever the hell this is. Man just watching Solkia's beta playthrough made me raise an eyebrow at how bland it all looks. Can't believe this was Kickstarted for almost 4 million dollars!

Trust me, any Megaman game is tons more exciting than whatever the hell this is. Man just watching Solkia's beta playthrough made me raise an eyebrow at how bland it all looks. Can't believe this was Kickstarted for almost 4 million dollars!

Which is funny because I was hoping that the game would look something like what they showed off when it was first announced. 

Which is funny because I was hoping that the game would look something like what they showed off when it was first announced. 

Something I've noticed is that this game is designed a lot like Mega Man X8

X8 had this problem where it just slapped spikes and pits on square level design, especially in Optic Sunflower. There's a lot of that here too.

I have the download link again if any of you want it

Send me a message either via steam or here, not going to post in the topic.

Y'know it's getting to the point where I'm point blank annoyed at the very thought of this game taking away potential funding from other kickstarters.

I wouldn't blame this game for that. I'd blame Capcom for that.

MN9 wouldn't have had nearly as many fucks given about it if Mega Man was still alive.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now for an update that doesn't suck

tumblr_no6g1eyv1f1sgbu3ro1_540.png

Playable Ray in physical copies. Not really much incentive for the digital version anymore other than you can torrent it.

Here's the last batch of voices.

And the Japanese voice list.

Mighty No. 1 Pyrogen: Wataru Takagi

Mighty No. 2 Cryosphere: Misaki Kuno

Mighty No. 3 Dynatron: Miyuki Sawashiro

Mighty No. 4 Seismic: Tetsu Inada

Mighty No. 5 Battalion: Naomi Kusumi

Mighty No. 6 Aviator: Showtaro Morikubo

Mighty No. 7 Brandish: Koki Uchiyama

Mighty No. 8 Countershade: Hochu Otsuka

Mighty No. 9 Beck: Ayumu Murase

Call: M・A・O

Dr. White: Junichi Suwabe

Dr. Sanda: Akio Suyama

Seijiro Sanda: Akio Suyama

Mr. Graham: Takehito Koyasu

Dr. Blackwell: Motomu Kiyokawa

From the dialogue alone I have a feeling that I won't like Dr. Sanda also here's the intro stage

I have a feeling I am going to like sanda, I loved the english voices (except one) and can't wait to hear the japanese voices even though I'm almost positive I will have a different opinion on them than everyone else because I almost always do, and french voices (though my experience with french voices is not very good for the most part, but I won't let that color my perception)

In regards to the game itself, what I'm going to say at this point is that I hope the delay and the polish they're doing to the game will be helpful in the long run to make it a lot better. Unfortunately that's what makes me kinda nervous though. Whenever game developers say they're going to "polish" a game, it's too difficult to know exactly what they mean by it. Could be minor tweaks on technical things, could be major changes like level design, I don't know.

Oh yea I forgot to mention, that I doubt It will be the later.

So quick minor update. The beta is going down tomorrow at some point.

"SEE YA LATER, MIGHTY BETA

Speaking of the porting process, we’ve finally gotten to the point where we can’t progress any further with debug and ROM testing while the Steam beta is still running. That’s why we’ll be discontinuing the Mighty No. 9 beta on Wednesday, May 20th. Now’s your last chance for you beta Beckers to play through No. 2, No. 3 and No. 5 stages, so if you haven’t taken advantage of your reward now’s the time!"

Now I'm not developer so I have a genuine question, how does having a beta out there some how halt their progress with debug and ROM testing and polishing the game? I mean that genuinely not as a criticism per se, I just don't know.

Also new video.

So quick minor update. The beta is going down tomorrow at some point.

"SEE YA LATER, MIGHTY BETA

Speaking of the porting process, we’ve finally gotten to the point where we can’t progress any further with debug and ROM testing while the Steam beta is still running. That’s why we’ll be discontinuing the Mighty No. 9 beta on Wednesday, May 20th. Now’s your last chance for you beta Beckers to play through No. 2, No. 3 and No. 5 stages, so if you haven’t taken advantage of your reward now’s the time!"

Now I'm not developer so I have a genuine question, how does having a beta out there some how halt their progress with debug and ROM testing and polishing the game? I mean that genuinely not as a criticism per se, I just don't know.

Also new video.

It shouldn't. I was and still part of the Neptunia Re;birth 2 PC beta and I've gotten various updates for the game along with sending them feedback on it. A Beta shouldn't cause any problems with development. 

• 2 weeks later...

A bunch of new info. First official gameplay trailer is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U_VQg2d7Hc&feature=youtu.be

PS Blog also confirms the game will have crossbuy (for PS3, PS Vita, and PS4).

Also info concerning pre-orders. Following two apply to all regions:

18232236580_4d52226e40_b.jpg

18232130798_7be5e29bbc_b.jpg

The below final pre-order applies only to North America.

18395267702_4d62c2edab_b.jpg

Awesome!!!!

Graphics still look pretty crappy but I wasn't expecting much of a change there anyway. I'm in a minority here (and well everywhere) who likes the rest though. 

The gameplay looks pretty good imo. I look forward to this and I will get the retail version for Wii U. :)

Also some people seem to forget that Mighty No. 9 isn't an AAA title in terms of budget and price. Maybe there are better looking 2.5D platformers like Donkey Kong Contry Tropical Freeze but probably it got a budget which is sicnificantly higher. Moreover the additional money from the crowdfunding campaign was used obviously to create ports of the game (it's on A LOT of platforms) and additional features. Not fancy graphics. 

I think the amount of different platforms the game will be released for doesn't help the graphics neither. If they would do something that pushs the hardware to it's limits they could have trouble with the porting process. Keep in mind the game even has to work on low-end hardware like 3DS in some form.

And btw I'm very happy they went with 3D graphics. There are so many 2D sprite based games out there... it is just boring and antiquated to me if you ALWAYS stick to 2D.

I guess overall you could say that the graphics of Mighty No. 9 fullfill their purpose. Not more but also not less.

I'm not the only one who's sees an exact copy of megaman right? I mean damn. The only thing missing here is a charge shot. It's literally megaman in every single way possible besides skin and name. (Haven't kept up or know much about the game except it's being made by MM's creator)

The gameplay looks pretty good imo. I look forward to this and I will get the retail version for Wii U. :)

Also some people seem to forget that Mighty No. 9 isn't an AAA title in terms of budget and price. Maybe there are better looking 2.5D platformers like Donkey Kong Contry Tropical Freeze but probably it got a budget which is sicnificantly higher. Moreover the additional money from the crowdfunding campaign was used obviously to create ports of the game (it's on A LOT of platforms) and additional features. Not fancy graphics. 

I think the amount of different platforms the game will be released for doesn't help the graphics neither. If they would do something that pushs the hardware to it's limits they could have trouble with the porting process. Keep in mind the game even has to work on low-end hardware like 3DS in some form.

And btw I'm very happy they went with 3D graphics. There are so many 2D sprite based games out there... it is just boring and antiquated to me if you ALWAYS stick to 2D.

I guess overall you could say that the graphics of Mighty No. 9 fullfill their purpose. Not more but also not less.

• Thumbs Up 7

• Thumbs Up 2