Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

That actually sounds really cool. I like Beck's gameplay but call sounds very interesting too. Shame she's got one stage and boss fight. Though I wonder what happens in the story that would require us to play as her at a prison? 

Seems like she'll play a lot more like the human characters from the ZX games which I actually don't mind so much since on occasion it was pretty fun to use them in advent.

That reminds me. I never played Advent. I played the first zx but I don't remember it very well. I heard Advent was better. 

This guy makes an accurate point in that there isn't nearly enough going on in the background. Wish I could've pinpointed that issue myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

So nothing really new that we haven't seen before. But more videos. These have direct audio. But aren't very long. 

Here's another one. http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-21522-E3-2015--Mighty-No--9-Hands-on-Preview-----Mega-and-Mighty.html

The reception to this game is beginning to confuse me a bit. On one hand you got articles and videos saying things like this. " while Mighty No. 9 is hard, it's not insurmountable. It's also a pleasure to play and beautiful to look at, possessing bold, colourful characters and backdrops that evoke Mighty No. 9's retro roots, but in a fresh and contemporary way. As a spiritual follow-up to Mega Man, Keiji Inafune's former creation, Mighty No. 9 is looking good. Mega Man fans are undoubtedly going to love it.". 

​On the other-hand you've got people in comment sections saying things like this "I played the beta on PC and it was horrible. It looked bad, the gameplay was boring and the music wasn't catchy at all. I'd rather have Mega Man 11 to be honest.". 

It makes it hard for me to tell where the game stands in terms of reception and makes it harder for me to predict its success or failure. 

Edit: Why does my text always turn out like that when I copy and paste?

Edit your post, highlight your text, click the small pink/white icon on the top right while editing (it looks like an eraser) to remove that weird format.

Also, it's like that because of how other sites format their text.

In regards to my earlier comment, I actually have a question. Okay some time ago before ssmb went down for a while (unfortunately the post went with it) I once pointed out that one of the recent videos in reference to the game had mostly likes in the votes, but were full of mostly negative comments. At the time that was this video 

Someone on here (can't remember who) told me that when it comes to any site that offers both a voting section and a comment section, most people will use the votes instead, and it's possible that if the comment section comes across as being mainly negative they may not want to comment. 

I believe that's what he said, it's been a while and the post isn't here anymore. But what I'm beginning to wonder in reference to the games reception is what would be a more reliable way to figure that out? Because most videos in regards to this game, are like that. Mostly likes but mostly negative comments. Between those two things and the articles after e3, the game feels more mixed than pure negative like it did before. Which one better represents the general reception? Is it like Call of Duty in a sense? By that I mean, there's a huge vocal group that think the games are overrated garbage, but the games themselves still sell well, and generally have a good reception (unless I'm misinterpreting that, and most of the people who play them don't like them, yet keep buying more games anyway for some reason.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zplAx10OGLw

Gameplay video mash-up. Sadly no music audio.

How about an interview actually related to the game this time. 

http://tay.kinja.com/mighty-no-9s-producer-on-what-its-like-working-with-a-1713550291

This one has more to do with what it was like working on the game and the changes they made over the course of development. 

Mighty No. 9's Producer On What It's Like Working With a Legend

1311428538470065476.jpg1

During E3, we got a chance to go hands on with a near-final build of Mighty No. 9. After our time with the game, we had some questions. Thankfully Nick Yu, producer of Mighty No. 9, was on hand to answer them.

I spent a solid hour playing Mighty No. 9. I’ll have more on that later. For now, let’s listen to Nick on how Mighty No. 9 has changed, what it’s like working with a legendary talent, and some of his thoughts on where he’d like to steer Mighty No. 9 next:

Bowling: You’re fairly new in the industry, Yaiba was your first credit. What was it like going from something like that to something as huge as Mighty No. 9 with Inafune-san and the legacy that carries, what’s it like for you to pick something up this big this early on in your career?

Yu: Crazy, right? (laughs) That’s the only way to describe it. Actually, when this whole thing started, two years ago around May, this whole idea came up. At that time there was another producer assigned to this project. When the whole idea of Kickstarter came up Inafune just one day called me into his office and said, “Okay Nick, I want you to lead this project,” and I was like, “What are you talking about?” We already had some ideas for who would be involved in the project. By that time Inti-Creates name was already in there. We also had TOM-PON and Matsumae-san who are from the original Mega Man team, same as Inafune, and these people getting together are all these veterans and I’m the producer? Can you give me one good reason for that, and he was like, “Since this is going to be a Kickstarter project, we really need someone whose mindset is closer to the backers. And within the company we all have 15 years in the industry, 20 years in the industry. You are the one who is closest to the players, so that’s why I want you leading this project.” Okay, that makes sense right there, BUT (laughs) it’s not a good reason for me to be a producer. And he said, “I’m going to back you up. Don’t you worry about anything, do whatever you have to do and get this done.”

1311428538544215364.jpg

Bowling: How’s it been for you working with an industry legend like Inafune-san? Is it hard to do basically do your job in the face of someone so experienced?

Yu: Another reason he appointed me is because I speak English as well as Japanese. So this project, being based on Kickstarter is going to be based in North America—or at least, English-speaking regions— so I think that’s one of the main reasons he assigned me this project. So I’m kind of the bridge between the dev team on the Japanese side and also the Kickstarter, or the Western audiences. So, I’m basically just doing the translations to bridge between them. And working with all those experienced people makes you nervous for sure. There’s no other way to say it. I’m going to have to bring up all these ideas and then present them to Inafune in person. I have to ask all these people with 15 years’ experience in the industry, “Can you do this this way, but not that way?” So, it’s a little weird, but it’s sometimes rewarding, for sure. It’s just surreal, even thinking about it right now. But our team members are really laid-back, chill people. They’re fine with it. They know the situation I’m in. They understand how hard it must be for me. They’ve been really cooperative. They’re really nice people, so there’s been no trouble because of that.

Bowling: Mighty No. 9 inherits a long legacy, as it’s a spiritual successor to Mega Man—

Yu: That’s what people are saying, yes.

1311428538621530436.png

Bowling: Has that influenced your design in a sense of, “We need to distance ourselves from Inafune’s old creation, we need to not get too close to that mark there.” Have there been any instances where you have to take a step back?

Yu: I don’t think that idea went through Inafune’s head at all. The base of the game will be a 2D, side-scrolling action game. So, if you think about that, there’s different types of action games throughout the ages, whether it’s Mario or Castlevania, they’re all the same kind of thing. So, based on that, Inafune just wanted to add something new to the gameplay. So, bringing this genre to the new era with new technology and new graphic levels. Gameplay-wise what he added was the absorption dash. The idea is, we kinda want to force to players to get close to enemies. In other action games you can stand far from the enemy and just shoot until they die and that’s it. So, in this game, you can totally do that as well, but we want you to get closer to the enemy and feel the kind of risk/challenge experience. So, shoot them, get them stunned, absorb them. That’s the easiest way to defeat them, but also it’s a bit more dangerous.

Jose ‘Nach’ Acosta, TAY: It’s a really intense feeling.

Yu:Right. So, the same thing goes for boss fights. You actually have to damage them to absorb.

Bowling: Yeah, you have to do that multiple times.

1311428538672755268.gif

Yu: That kind of gameplay will give the players a sense of delivering the final blow to the boss. Sometimes you’ll just button-mash, attacking from far away and then they’ll die. You don’t really feel the sense of total control. I think you do with Mighty No. 9’s dash you will. You’ll kind of see when the boss is defeated, but you’ll have to deliver the final blow. Up close and personal.

Bowling: Speaking of that absorption dash, there’s definitely an element of speed that isn’t really a hallmark of the genre. Mighty No. 9 seems to favor that up-close fast combat. Was there any thought given during development to speedrunning?

Yu: We do want people to feel the speed of the whole game. It’s definitely a fast-paced game. It feels kind of good to just go through the stages real fast, but you can get a little trigger happy with the dash, and that will kill you for sure! That’s what we had in mind, you know, we’re giving the players this ability to make them feel overpowered. That alone doesn’t make good gameplay, though. You have to punish them somehow, some way.

Bowling: That robot factory is punishing enough (laughs)

Yu: Those spikes. You’ll never beat them. (laughs)

Bowling: I think I spent 40 lives on there. (laughs)

1311428538948832580.gif

Yu: (laughs) Actually, that stage was much harder when it first came through.

Bowling: Was it? What did you guys change?

Yu: Enemy placement.

Bowling: Enemy placement?

Yu: Because, you know, when you play the game, most people play the same way when they first play it out. So the dev team will know when they’re going to start doing a lot of dashes or when they’re gonna stop. So, they actually place enemies right before you see the next area, before it scrolls over. The whole stage was a huge trap for first-time players. It wasn’t even fair. So when Inafune played the first time, he was like, “Okay, I know why you guys want to do this here, but that’s not fair to the players, so we’ll have to do some tuning and adjustment.” We kinda do that with every stage. Every time a new build comes in Inafune will be the one playing the build right there and the directors for Inti-Creates and the producers will come by and hear his feedback face-to-face. That’s how we’re tuning the game. We have Inafune’s feedback going directly to the dev team.

Bowling: If you could work on another famous franchise, what would you want to work on?

Yu: Wow. That’s a huge question. I would say Metroid. I love that game. Super Metroid is one of my all-time favorite games. But, now that you mention it, maybe a spin-off of Mighty No. 9 in a different style.

Bowling: Is there a character you’d like to explore more?

1311428539034645316.png

Yu: No, it’s just the whole world setting. Maybe we’ll bring this world setting into a different type of game. I don’t know, I’m just being crazy here (laughs) real time strategy! I dunno, something like that! TPS, third-person-shooter. You know what? This is actually an interesting story. Because we made this game with Unreal 3, being a whole 3D engine, the deve team actually made a version of this game that was a first-person shooter. They just set the camera to Beck’s head, nothing more. It’s just that, but it looks fun. It looks really fun. You can actually blaze through the stages in that view, but it’s really hard. So, that was kinda fun. Who knows?

Acosta: You said some levels, like the robot factory changed. Is there a chance we could see the original versions of those levels?

Yu: I don’t know, I don’t even know if they still have that or not. It might be already gone. It was way before we went live. The military stage was the first stage we made, so that was about a half-year into development. That’s the kind of development stage I was talking about, so there’s a good chance that’s already gone, I’m not sure.

At this point in the interview, we were told by Deep Silver that we were out of time. I would have loved to asked a few more questions, but I’m very grateful to Nick Yu, Comcept and Deep Silver for their time in answering our questions.

We’ll have more on Mighty No. 9 later this week. Including hands-on impressions and some video. See you then!

A little update. Not much. 

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150630

Also a slight tidbit at the ending theme which surprisingly is a rap song. 

I don't entirely know how to feel about it yet. I'll see. After repeated listens. 

It's by Mega Ran aka Random. I don't know who he is personally but maybe others here know. 

http://megaran.com/

Another update about the survey going out. 

"Important news, Mighties!

We’ve been quiet about the platform selection surveys while we sort out the technical difficulties, sowing the seeds of confusion among many of our backers. We’re very sorry for the unexpected inconvenience, and we’re happy to say that the surveys are ready to go!

Here is some updated information on the surveys:

1) The Official Platform Selection Surveys are being sent out via SurveyMonkey over the next 4 days or so.

2) The Official Platform Selection Surveys will be open until the new deadline, July 31st, 2015.

3) We will make available all current information we have regarding each platform version of Mighty No. 9, to be updated as more details are set in stone.

4) To accommodate any backers who may change platforms as time goes on--due to new console-specific information, console purchases, etc.--backers will be able to change their platform selection(s) up until the survey deadline.

If you have not received your survey by Saturday, July 4th, please contact us as mightyno9@comcept.jp, subject line “Mighty Platform Selection Survey”."

Also I listened to the small bit from the rap ending theme. I'm not very fond of judging a song based off of a small tidbit of the middle of the song, I prefer hearing it from beginning to end to really judge. Aside from that though from that little bit I heard I think it's ok I suppose. Nothing spectacular and I think it's a bit odd for a game like this, but meh I'm alright with it. Honestly judging from the reaction to it so far, it seems to depend on whether you like rap or not and from what I can tell most backers don't so If you don't this song wouldn't do you any favors anyway. The people that do like it seem to like rap/hip hop/ nerdcore so there ya go I guess. 

What are your thoughts? 

Though I've heard some of Mega Ran's other stuff today. I actually really like this guy. Not one of my favorites but I like listening to him. 

There's one lyric in this song that starts at the 2:40 mark that makes me laugh a bit. 

Another preview

One of the games I have been waiting for since I backed it on Kickstarter was Mighty No 9, I keep up to date with the news that comes from the developers, but I never expected to play it before it’s release, but with Deep Silver publishing the retail release of the game, I had the chance to do just that at their E3 booth.

The demo on hand held many stage options, I tried out two different stages and got a good understanding of what makes the game so special, it’s like Mega Man, but better and that is saying something. Of course, comparisons to Mega Man are all but inevitable when it’s created by the same person and Keiji Inafune has proved he has a lot of ideas left.

The first stage that I played on was the Highway stage, it was raining and I had to jump from car to car, with the occasional truck thrown in for good measure. The issue with this stage was I had no real idea of how to move, so jumping into it was quite the challenge, but it was still fun to try. Beck, or Mighty No 9 if you prefer has a dash move that needs to be used in order to move around correctly. Beck is not able to jump all that high, or double jump, but if you jump and dash, you can reach higher ground and clear larger gaps with ease. It was a lot of fun to try and make some of the gaps, while still avoiding enemy fire, even after many deaths, I still had fun trying to progress as far as I could.

The second level I tried was the military level, which was not so heavy on the platforming, but a lot more focused on the combat. Beck can shoot from his blaster, which has a set distance it can travel, but it’s not that effective against the enemies of the world, in fact you need to use that dash move again, though now it’s for dashing through the enemies. When you deal enough damage, they will flash and then you can dash through them, but they are not all the same. Some enemies will flash green, some red and the rest yellow, as you dash through them you will absorb those elements.

Absorbing the power will allow you to level up your attacks, allowing you to deal more damage when you attack, but these won’t last forever, so you need to keep attacking, dashing and absorbing to keep the power up. Should you fail to do so, you will revert back to the normal attack power and then you need to start again, one part of the process that is cool is that if you don’t dash into the enemy within a few moments, the amount of power you get back, meaning you really need to keep on the go.

While I never completed this level either, it was a challenge, I still really enjoyed my time with the game and while it is still a few months until it releases, I can’t wait to spend a day learning how to play the game just right.

http://www.vooks.net/a-mighty-hands-on-with-mighty-no-9/

I was always a Mega Man fan since I was a kid, and as I wondered around throughout the Anime Expo, I was surprised to see that there was a booth showcasing a demo of Mighty No 9. So of course I ditched everything that I had my hands on so I can get a taste of this spiritual successor to Mega Man

The game begins with a map where you get to pick a mission you want to do. Some characters that feel oddly familiar show up as well, such as a professor  standing by to inform you of what the mission will be and a colleague of his named Dr. White (I swear that rhymes with something…) who is a friend and is helping you.

Once the mission was picked, the game started with the character teleporting into the scene. What I really liked about the game off the start was the feel it had: a combination of Mega Man and Mega Man X with all of the sliding, wall climbing, and stunning background visuals. As I continued to jump and shoot, I noticed that the enemies take an awful lot of damage yet they haven’t blown up. That was when the game informed me I was to dash into them to completely destroy them but also to absorb their fire power.

There are unique kinds of power ups that can get absorbed through certain enemies; some allow you to have a shield, increase speed, or firepower. After some progress, I finally reached the boss stage and had to defeat it using everything I learned about the game, but the most awesome and satisfying part was when I had to dash toward the boss to damage it one last time, causing a cut-scene of the protagonist shooting a beam of blocks to incapacitate the boss and absorbs its energy.

I was only able to play one mission but I was blown away at what the demo gave and I had tons of fun playing it. The game just feels like the old blue bomber and even has soundtrack that gives it that same atmosphere, which is composed of a neat score of digital sounds and rocking guitar riffs  alongside with the pew noises of the arm cannon and other weapons. This game just has everything a fan has been wanting in a while. I am hyped for this and cannot wait to play the full game when it releases on September 15 for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, Vita, Linux, and Mac.

http://www.denkiphile.com/2015/07/06/ax-2015-mighty-no-9-is-getting-me-mighty-hyped/

Hey guys you excited for the Mighty no.9 movie?

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/mighty-no-9-live-action-movie-production

Legendary Digital Media, Contraduction Films, and Comcept today announced they will develop a live-action feature-length movie for digital platforms based on the upcoming game Mighty No. 9

Legendary Digital previously distributed and Contradiction produced Dead Rising: Watchtower, which was releasead on the Crackle online streaming service. A sequel to Watchtower is currently in production.

“The announcement that Legendary Digital is collaborating with Contradiction and comcept on creating a live action project based on Mighty No. 9 is really amazing, not only for myself and the rest of the team at Comcept who worked on the game, but also for all the fans who have supported the project,” said Comcept CEO Keiji Inafune. “This collaboration will give our creation the ability to reach people all over the world. Thanks to all of your support, we have fulfilled another one of our dreams,” Inafune added.

Mighty No. 9 follows an android named Beck, unit number nine in a team of ten combat androids dubbed “Mighty Numbers.” When a computer virus strikes, attacking his fellow robots and machines around the world, Beck is the only one in his line not affected. With the help of his best friend Call, Beck must find the villain responsible for the virus.

Mighty No. 9 the video game is due out via retail and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Wii U, and digitally for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, Linux, and Mac on September 15 in the Americas and September 18 in Europe. It will launch digitally at a later date for PS Vita and 3DS.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/07/mighty-no-9-live-action-movie-production#tOs7dwOy4IzDErf9.99