Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Edit: Ninja'd

OH MY GOD!!!! I JUST WANT THE GAME, GIVE ME THE FUCKING GAME!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

If not for his pedigree I'd say Inafune is rapidly going down the route of SEGA and Penders.

Seriously, what happened to the maxim of not counting your chickens before they've hatched?

Can't they at least get the game out and see how it does before going after movies/cartoons/comics/costumes/bendy straws/colouring books?

Being serious, this could seriously bite the developers if Mighty No.9 ends up bombing.

I agreed with Inafune when he said that Japanese developers should take some cue's from western developers. This was not one of them.

Edit: Ninja'd

OH MY GOD!!!! I JUST WANT THE GAME, GIVE ME THE FUCKING GAME!!!!

pPtqJE5.gif

You know this gif is oddly appropriate 

• Thumbs Up 5

Doesn't this stuff tend to come after the dang game is released?

Really, this is getting out of hand.

>getting out of hand

>getting

I have to admire your patience for Inafune's nonsense, as far as I'm concerned it's been so out of hand it's been on orbit pretty much as soon as we saw Getter Ray. Or the cartoon, maybe? Or the good quality PR. Or in retrospective, when it had no gameplay at all in the start.

• Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't this stuff tend to come after the dang game is released?

Really, this is getting out of hand.

Why in the world would  you make it live-action?

Other than that, I don't mind. It's quite a lot, but it doesn't really matter, I think. The game is coming, so who cares if there's a bunch supplementary material? You can ignore it if you want.

A movie? They're making a movie already?

Wow, Inafune's putting a lot in this. By a lot, I mean a lot of EGO. The game's not even released yet Inafune thinks that it's gonna be recieved so well that it will warrent a show and a movie. "Well hey, might as well start making them now! Everyone will love it!"

Inafune, you may be optimistic about this project but you HAVE to be more down to earth. Mighty No.9's future isn't set in stone. There's the possibility of the game being an utter bomb, or even the possible threat of Megaman's return with a TV show.

Inafune and his crew may need to eat some humble pie or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

A movie? They're making a movie already?

Wow, Inafune's putting a lot in this. By a lot, I mean a lot of EGO. The game's not even released yet Inafune thinks that it's gonna be recieved so well that it will warrent a show and a movie. "Well hey, might as well start making them now! Everyone will love it!"

Inafune, you may be optimistic about this project but you HAVE to be more down to earth. Mighty No.9's future isn't set in stone. There's the possibility of the game being an utter bomb, or even the possible threat of Megaman's return with a TV show.

Inafune and his crew may need to eat some humble pie or something.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey guys, what's going on tod-

...Pffffffft.

Inafune, you seriously wanna make a film with the guys behind this gem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEWKbaWYbDQ

Alright buddy, I'll let you see how that works out for you.

No, but in all seriousness, a fucking film? REALLY? At this point, I would not surprised at all if the film, the animated series, the separate series being developed by a company who focuses on mobile games and THAT series' anime series completely bomb and blow up in your face.

Like, I get it. You wanna produce merch and other forms of media to accompany your game, I get that, but can't you just wait until it releases? It's not like someone like Wayforward are gonna announce a Shantae cereal tomorrow to release alongside Half-Genie Hero or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know when Mighty No.9 was first announced I was excited for the game to come out. Capcom wasn’t(and still isn’t unfortunately) doing anything with the Mega Man franchise it was perfect timing. It wasn’t until after the kickstart ended was when I got a bit suspicious. I recall seeing an article that Inafune planned to do more with the franchise than just the game and I remembered an article about him in talks about making a live action movie http://www.themmnetwork.com/mmesque/ezq8aonejppf5ohbbjwsu7jr4171jc

What really made me worry was this video right here the second crowd funding announcement.

On one hand for those that didn’t donate to the kickstarter have the chance to donate. On the other hand the video was basically saying “Hey guys thanks for the support. Were working hard on the game and during our development time we’ve gotten support from all over the world and are making deals with other companies just not wight the game but for other projects. We want this game to be great so thats why were having another crowd funding for the game the first stretch goal is for VA’s”. Not only that on the same week they announced that its getting a TV show despite the fact that the games not even out yet.

Then on October of 2014 they announced a third kickstarter/crowdfunding for the DLC character. This annoys me cause not only are they asking for money for a 3rd time they’re also talking about DLC for a game thats not even out yet.

Things started to look better when they announced that they found a publisher and the game was getting a physically release. And Ill admit visually the game looked ok but it wasn’t a major problem for me(its not ROL bad). 

Now today we got the announcement of the live action movie and to be honest my anticipation of this game is pretty much dying. Inafune and Comcept are getting way too ambitious for their own good, they should just wait before announcing all these projects(sounds like a certain creator). Red Ash has me worried as well because it has 2 ongoing kickstarters. I want MN9 to be successful and actually have an identity of its own instead its just Not!Mega Man. Also the next time they do a kickstarter they better show gameplay cause thats pretty much why my interest in that has faded and it seems to be the same with a lot of people since both projects are slowly being funded unlike MN9, Yooka-Laylee and Bloodstain. Im not wishing doom upon them but if they keep this up its going to blow up in their face hard
  • Thumbs Up 1

lol, the more I hear about this game and it's side projects the more ridiculous things are being added and seeing Inafune's confidence on building this IP. 

I'm eager to see how MN9 will fare when it finally gets released and if these projects were worth investing money into.

I just don't care anymore. Even this news about there being a bloody live action movie makes me shrug and go "Whatever."

I only hope that this doesn't blow up in Comcept's face.

• Thumbs Up 1

cartoon, movie, probably a comic at some point, surely toys... what's next, a game?

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm actually reminded a little bit of Sonic Boom: The decision to have this huge marketing push in all kinds of fields, TV show, merchandising, and so on, all based around a new game universe, and all without considering what would happen if the game wasn't that popular.

Man that makes spiritual successor to a game criticizes another man who makes a spiritual successor to a game?

No.

Man that makes spiritual successor to a game, much in the vein of, say, Mega Man compared to Astro Boy, criticizes another man who makes a ripoff, say, in the vein of Mighty No. 9 compared to Mega Man. Or Jetter Mars to Astro Boy, if you want. Although that might be insulting to Jetter Mars.