Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Newest update gives more clarification about the delay

Regarding the Mighty No. 9 Special Demo Delay

Hey Mighties!

We want to give you some more clarity on the demo situation.

Although the demo had been finished and was ready to go, we ran into some very last-minute and unexpected complications with distributing the demo exclusively to all our backers through Steam. We’ve also been listening to your feedback about preferring to have a demo that is not time-limited. Given the complications with giving you the demo, we came to the conclusion that it would be better to make the demo DRM-free without any time restrictions.

Because this demo is exclusively for you, our backers, we still needed to have a way to get the demo to each of you individually and we’ve been looking into all the options. We’re currently working with our partners at Humble Bundle to prepare the demo for delivery through their service.

Unfortunately this change in our plans means that the release of the demo is going to be slightly delayed as we are currently working on retooling the demo for a DRM-free release. Comcept and all of our partners are working hard to get the demo ready and in our backers’ hands as soon as possible. 

We sincerely apologize for this delay, but we hope you’ll like the resulting changes! We will keep our backers up-to-date regarding the release of this demo as soon as we have more information.

Cheers, 
The Mighty Team

Edited by Ristar

Well I've reached the point where I just flat out don't care about this game anymore. I spent like $60+ dollars on this project as a backer and was really emotionally invested in this game for the longest time and I no longer care about it. Let that sink in.

Also you'd think at the very least they'd attempt to animate the characters during cutscenes, but nope:

And if you can't make it past all the whining, I don't blame you.

Once again this all comes down to a matter of transparency. If they were just honest with everybody for the get go they would have gotten this much heat. I think at this point theres a mighty chance that Im going to get the game used so they won't get my money. Shame really.

Ray is a girl

Though with that particular picture it's hard to tell.

https://twitter.com/BeckMightyNo9/status/535478398760800256

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/MightyNo9

Come to think of it, when was Ray even first announced? Either I had missed that completely or it was originally something exclusive to backers, I'm guessing.

Come to think of it, when was Ray even first announced? Either I had missed that completely or it was originally something exclusive to backers, I'm guessing.

She was announced in October of last year. When they announced that they were doing another crowd funding for DLC(even though the game wasn't finished) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYSlhC9zVI

Demo's up through Humble Bundle; DRM-Free. I can't seem to find it, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with me backing at the $5 tier.

So would you still get a code if you didn't have an account on humble bundle before or not? Just made one the other day for this and i'm not getting anything sadly :(

So would you still get a code if you didn't have an account on humble bundle before or not? Just made one the other day for this and i'm not getting anything sadly :(

Did you use the same email address you used on Kickstarter or Paypal? If you go to your Purchases page on Humble Bungle does it say you have unclaimed purchases?

Edited by Fancy

Did you use the same email address you used on Kickstarter or Paypal? If you go to your Purchases page on Humble Bungle does it say you have unclaimed purchases?

I believe so, the only unclaimed purchases that its showing me are just some ones from the nindie bundle thing a while back. I would assume its because I only backed 5 dollars to the kickstarter but then again i got the email for the demo so maybe I just have to wait?

• 4 weeks later...

We have apparent word  courtesy of Neogaf's translating that Inafune promises for there to be no more delays and that  he already has plans set to make a sequel (provided this first MN9 game sells well enough, lord knows how much that'll be).

Inafune is Ready: Mighty No. 9 won't be delayed anymore, planning to make a sequel #1
41N3Ioz.jpg

Inafune talks about Indie game and some Mighty No. 9 during the lecture at the Unreal Fest 2015 Yokohama Event.

I only glanced through it, more info from Gamespark, here are some rough translation I made for GAF:

-"Mighty No. 9 absolutely will not be delayed."
-"One of the reason of the delay is because of the numbers of platform."
-"How to make the impossible possible like Mega Man."
-"Cannot say it's a complete success yet since it still haven't been released."
-"The game needs to sell a lot of copies and many users playing it."
-"Sequel is planned if it were successful."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1127756

Now ignoring the fact that a good portion of said game sales may already be detoriated with the amount given for free to certain backers. Am I the only one who finds it sharply unwise of Mr. Inafundme to go ahead and announce a possible sequel already before people are even asking for a sequel thus creating the demand for such in the first place?

Inafune, can't you just wait for the game to be released yet before you go and announce a sequel, movie, TV show and who knows what else? Your ego is getting out of hand, here.

At this point, I won't be surprised if we see plans for a Mighty No. 9 Cinematic Universe.

As excited as I am for this game, there is no way this is getting a sequel unless inafune literally forces it (which judging from past behavior, he probably will) to come out with how badly the campaign for this game has been handled and the questionable planning and behavior thats been displayed ever since this games kickstarter finished has just made too many people bitter to actually give a crap about it. Heck, most of the people that were still planning on buying this probably decided not to after not 1 but 2 delays (even with the demo of all things) so yeah, inafune really needs to get a grasp on reality and just accept that this isn't going to kick off as well as they planned all because they didn't get their acts together soon enough.

If this game does get a sequel(a bit to early to be thinking about that) I hope he doesn't do another kickstarter. He burned to many bridges with people with the way he's been handling this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't know if I've ever seen a game go from having hype through the roof upon announcement to having virtually none by the time of release. A shame they had to botch things so badly.

Still looking forward to playing it, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright,  I don't mean to alarm anyone but last night while shopping,  at my local Gamestop,  they have release dates for games to be sold there on a chart which happened to catch my attention as I was browsing for future game releases.

All the days were specially accurate except for Mighty No. 9's which was listed for a specific date release of December 31, 2016. I even asked the staff there and they claimed with certainty that it wasn't a mistake or even a simple placeholder but the actual release date. 

Anyone else have this occur,  or are physical copies supposed to come out later and I just missed that bout of news? 

Games are generally never released on December 31st. It's a placeholder date and whoever told you it was the actual date is wrong/lying/an idiot who doesn't know about placeholders

• Thumbs Up 6

Not to mention that placeholder date was there back in July before the game officially got delayed. It's now coming out in February.

• Thumbs Up 1

I backed this game for wayyyyy too much, I got blinded by excitement and didn't think/see the bullshit. I recently got some backer shirts and plush that renewed my interest but, eh, I wouldn't invest what I did again. Unless the game turned out to be fantastic which I hope is the case *fingers double crossed*

I don't know, I'm trying not to think about what I invested because I'll weep haha

At this point, the only thing keeping me from saying "no" is the fact tbat I backed it. I'll buy it when it comes out...but it better be damn good in order for me to even think about giving Comcept so much as any more chump change after that purchase.

Edited by SurrealBrain
  • Thumbs Up 1