Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Well, it appears that Concept have just recently put up the official site for the game: http://mightyno9.com/ Fair warning, the huge banner there is a bit of an eyesore.

Features are as listed:

• Mighty No. 9
    12 Challenging action-platforming stages and boss battles!

• Mighty No. 9
    Classic 2D Action: Transformed -face off against your 8 Mighty brethren and unlock new skills & abilities transformations as you defeat them!

• Mighty No. 9
    Addtional unlockable Hard, Hyper and Maniac difficulty modes - Once you're done with the main game, take the challenge up another notch!

• Mighty No. 9
    Score attack, Leaderboards & Rankings: Use Beck's Absorption Dash skill to chain together combos and perfect your run-throughs to earn those elusive S-Ranks!

• Mighty No. 9
    Toggle between regular and retro 8-bit music: featuring music from veteran game composers Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi & Ippo Yamada.

Also, this little excerpt here:

The Kickstarter sensation from an All-star Dev team!

Every aspect of Mighty No. 9’s development—art, level design, music, programming, etc.—is being handled by veteran Japanese game creators with extensive experience in the genre, all the way up to and including the project’s leader, Keiji Inafune himself!

Mighty No. 9 began life as a wildly successful Kickstarter project in 2013, where over 67,000 fans (plus later a further 5000+) backed the project, raising over $4 million in the process, making the game a reality. Without the belief and support of these backers Mighty No. 9 would not exist today.

Without the belief and support of these backers Mighty No. 9 would not exist today.

Well, I certainly look forward to reviewing and commentating upon its alleged existence when/if it finally comes out.phoenix-thinking%28a%29.gifPossibly never....

• 1 month later...

Thought:

SInce Mighty No. 9 has gone from being a Kickstarter darling to possibly one of the most hated Kickstarter games of all time, do you feel that Keiji Inafune's reputation has been tarnished to the point where no fan will fully trust him with a game again?

Thought:

SInce Mighty No. 9 has gone from being a Kickstarter darling to possibly one of the most hated Kickstarter games of all time, do you feel that Keiji Inafune's reputation has been tarnished to the point where no fan will fully trust him with a game again?

I hope to god, and I also wish that people would also start blaming him for why MML3 was canceled.

Thought:

I think it depends on how well Mighty No.9 delivers.

I hope to god, and I also wish that people would also start blaming him for why MML3 was canceled.

Why and how would it be his fault for Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation, though?

The game looks really fun, can't wait to play it.

The trailer was funny too, I liked the Vernon part. XP

Why and how would it be his fault for Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation, though?

It was cancelled after he left not to mention he kinda was the brainchild of the Legends series.

Lately, apparently  lot of info has surfaced,  and suggests that Inafune was responsible for a lot of the stuff that helped coin the term: " Crapcom".

It seems that part of the reason Legends 3 never came to be, was Inafune doing a lot of what we've seen him do with MN9. Basically constantly delaying and pulling for more and more funds to the game,  to the point where apparently  Capcom got fed up with the project.

Lately, apparently  lot of info has surfaced,  and suggests that Inafune was responsible for a lot of the stuff that helped coin the term: " Crapcom".

It seems that part of the reason Legends 3 never came to be, was Inafune doing a lot of what we've seen him do with MN9. Basically constantly delaying and pulling for more and more funds to the game,  to the point where apparently  Capcom got fed up with the project.

Wait, hold on. I didn't hear about this. I only said it because he left Capcom BEFORE finishing his "dream project"

Wait, hold on. I didn't hear about this. I only said it because he left Capcom BEFORE finishing his "dream project"

Ah,  well I got that info from neogaf. To be fair,  the part about of him and Legends seems to be more a strongly supported theory based on the hijinks with MN9 and Red Ash. I wouldn't doubt it,  but I can't claim it to be bulletproof. Sorry for any confusion there. 

The reason why legends 3 got cancelled was because he never got the project greenlit before going on with it, so technically it was always his fault for it getting cancelled (same with the bad box art megaman thing in Street fighter x Tekken). People just like to point fingers at capcom since inafune could do no wrong, though his quitting the company probably had a big impact on that too but it was only after legends 3 got canned that he quit. 

Of course my memories a bit hazy on the details since this was all that was floating around on the official capcom forums back when crap hit the fan so I might be off a bit on this.

Inafune announced his resignation over half a year before Legends's cancellation, though. It was sometime back in late 2010, meanwhile Legends was canceled around July 2011. I remember him reassuring MML3 would go on without him and they had a few contests after he left. Buuuut we know what happened after that.

I just remember that the prototype was hyped by the devs, and that enough fan support for the prototype would save the game from cancellation ( a prototype, might I add, Capcom planned for customers to purchase). If I remember correctly, they actually had enough supporters to go along with the project, but then capcom pulled the plug anyways.

So I think Capcom had a role with it, for sure. That was a time where Capcom was pulling some really sleazy moves with their games, and MML3 (and Megaman Universe, somewhat) was the wakeup call for many fans. But Inafune didn't help at all either. He quit just a couple months after MML3 was even announced if I recall. For something he tried so hard to revive, he sure could drop it in an instant. :x

But I wonder though, if Inafune stayed with the MML3 project (and it wasn't canceled so quickly) if the problems with MN9 would've happened there instead? Have a game start off so strong, but then just... slowly deteriorate. That'd honestly be an even bigger tragedy for MML3 to go through.

Yeah, I think Legends 3 was mostly Capcom's fault. They had the full prototype demo ready to actually put up on the eShop, but they didn't even do that. At least Capcom would've had an excuse if it flopped.

Edited by Candescence

Inafune announced his resignation over half a year before Legends's cancellation, though. It was sometime back in late 2010, meanwhile Legends was canceled around July 2011. I remember him reassuring MML3 would go on without him and they had a few contests after he left. Buuuut we know what happened after that.

I just remember that the prototype was hyped by the devs, and that enough fan support for the prototype would save the game from cancellation ( a prototype, might I add, Capcom planned for customers to purchase). If I remember correctly, they actually had enough supporters to go along with the project, but then capcom pulled the plug anyways.

So I think Capcom had a role with it, for sure. That was a time where Capcom was pulling some really sleazy moves with their games, and MML3 (and Megaman Universe, somewhat) was the wakeup call for many fans. But Inafune didn't help at all either. He quit just a couple months after MML3 was even announced if I recall. For something he tried so hard to revive, he sure could drop it in an instant. :x

But I wonder though, if Inafune stayed with the MML3 project (and it wasn't canceled so quickly) if the problems with MN9 would've happened there instead? Have a game start off so strong, but then just... slowly deteriorate. That'd honestly be an even bigger tragedy for MML3 to go through.

Ah okay, I was always under the assumption that he quit after (since it would've made more sense at the time), sorry about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah don't worry about it. : P It was a pretty confusing situation back then, and still is after all these years. Gotta say it's pretty surreal to think back on the events that ultimately inspired MN9's existence, too.

• 1 month later...

So recently someone on here asked for a MN9 development documentary. 

WELL GUESS WHAT I GOT!?

wait for it

wait for it

WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T HAVE ONE!!

Before anybody attempts to shoot me I do have a fairly close second. A series of videos that I found a while ago.

By the way there are extra links in the descriptions underneath these videos. I'm curious to how everyone else feels about this. 

1 minute ago, goku262002 said:

Right....

So whats going on with this game as of late? haven't heard anything since E3.

We'll let's see

*They said that development of the game was finished and it was set to come out on Sept of last year

*A live action movie was announced

*Concept started 2 new kickstarters for a Mega Man Legends knock off "Red Ash" which was meant to be a game and an anime

*The anime kickstarter was successful barely

*The game went down south but they were able to make a deal with a Chinese company to work on the game

*During the Red Ash stuff site were listing MN9 being delayed to 2016 while concept and deep silver were being quiet about it

*The game was officially delayed to Feb of this year(assuming nothing happens) due to a bug on the online modes

That's pretty much it. We got a trailer/ad and Inafune said that a sequel for the game is planned and is considering making a MN9 amiibo but that's it. Man what a wild ride.

So in a month this wild $4 million dollar ride ends? wow, still feels like alittle while ago this was announced.

I kind of feel as though the delay to february was a bit much just for online problems. I mean, unless they divided the teams so the other half could do something else I can't see it taking this long just to fix bugs with the online unless they were also secretly polishing up the game in the meantime.

The game's coming out in a month and I barely see or hear any enthusiasm or noise about it. I actually think most people forgot about its existence lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

More like a lot are fed up and just don't care anymore.

As someone who is still looking forward to the game, I can't entirely blame them. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...