Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Called it! I think I've ran out of jokes and at this point I'm just expecting Capcom to announce a new Mega Man game.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, AshGreninJovan said:

The release of Mighty No.9 has been delayed once again to Spring 2016 because of the large number of platforms and problems with the network modes and matchmaking.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1473777

Unfortunately, we have an announcement that will be very disappointing to all of you. In preparation for the February release of Mighty No. 9 we have been working hard with our partners to resolve any network issues and porting work necessary to publish Mighty No. 9 on the various platforms. However, the issues relating to the network modes were more critical than expected, and it has become apparent that we will need to delay the game from its February 9th release date. We have been working up until the very last moment to resolve these issues in order to make the February release, but it has become clear that we no longer have enough time to fix the issues and have everything prepared for release.

The reason for the delay is rooted in bugs inside the network modes, and specifically problems with matchmaking. There are two large reasons for this problem, one of them being the large number of platforms supported (the solution for each platform is slightly different) and the other stems from the fact that the engine we are using is no longer being updated which means adjustments for matchmaking and online code are being made manually (actually reprogramming parts of the engine by the dev team themselves). Unfortunately, this is all a result of miscalculations on the part of us, the development staff. As a result, our fans who have been looking forward to Mighty No. 9 have been forced to wait for over half a year longer than expected, and for that we are sincerely sorry. I want to take this chance to apologize personally, and on the behalf of the development staff.

Over the end of the year break and the beginning of 2016, the development staff has been working on these issues non-stop without break, and thanks to their hard work the end is in sight. We continue to make progress to resolve these last issues that have been holding up the release of the game on the different platforms.

On one hand,  looks like they were telling the truth about the multi-player glitches.......buuuut. This also makes them look incompetent  to have not noticed that the problems are this immense. 

Also,  further reminder that it's primarily an add-on feature that's holding back the release of the game. Not like there's anything stopping them from releasing said core game and adding in the online multi-player  features  later ala something like Shovel Knight.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel sorry for whoever got the tier to eat dinner with Inafune

I don't get why something as simple as the multiplayer couldn't be pushed back to a future update. That'd be a way better move to do then just delay the game again and trigger yourself to another PR disaster.

Huh, well what do you know?  Even in our freaking joking intro,  we called this. 

... Okay, I gotta ask: How many systems is this game set to be available for, again?

Just now, Komodin said:

... Okay, I gotta ask: How many systems is this game set to be available for, again?

All of them. PS3/4, Xbox360/One, Wii U and 3DS.

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

All of them. PS3/4, Xbox360/One, Wii U and 3DS.

Well, geez. No wonder it's been having all of these delays! Maybe Inafune should've limited himself to just the 8th Gen consoles...

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly,  at this point,  I don't think even all the many consoles it's on is a solid excuse for this level of delayed development,  again over add on features. 

Let's see: PC, Mac,PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, PS4 and XB1 so 9. Mighty No. 9 is the prime example of over ambition can hurt a project. This video perfectly summarizes the development of this game 

Like I've always been saying, Comcept is not a real studio, It's a scam by Inafune to steal money from people.

1 hour ago, AshGreninJovan said:

The release of Mighty No.9 has been delayed once again to Spring 2016 because of the large number of platforms and problems with the network modes and matchmaking.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1473777

This is a fucking joke. By this point the development cycle is more fun than the game itself will ever be...

I pledged $110 for this, that makes this all the more infuriating.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Komodin said:

Well, geez. No wonder it's been having all of these delays! Maybe Inafune should've limited himself to just the 8th Gen consoles...

The Lego games do it no problem

3 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

The Lego games do it no problem

Traveller's Tales have also been making multiplats for 11+ years.

To be fair, the Lego games have enough of a budget to spawn a game per year most of the time, this is Inafune biting WAAAAY more than he thought he could chew.

31 minutes ago, Tom DeLonge said:

This is a fucking joke. By this point the development cycle is more fun than the game itself will ever be...

I pledged $110 for this, that makes this all the more infuriating.

What would the backers receive if they pledge that much money anyways?

25 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

What would the backers receive if they pledge that much money anyways?

A headache.

But seriously, I was this tier

26a3a707fea282303ba6b22440a7bd93.png

But then I pledged a bit more to get the physical NES cartridge shaped keyring.

LOL. I'm not even surprised at this point. I fucking called it.

I'm surprised that apparently a sequel is already in the works for this. Now because I feel differently about the game than most, I don't completely mind that, but at this point I wouldn't get my finger crossed if I were Inafune. 

You know what at this point I'm not even really mad or upset, It's just kinda funny. 

I should be mad, but it's more hilarious than anything. If even Bloodstained will suffer the same problems (wich i'm currently fearing it will), Kickstarter-related videogame projects will be dead for good. What a way to shit in the face of a potential weapon against major companies.

• Thumbs Up 1

People need to relax. It hasn't even been 2 and a 1/2 years and you'd think people have been waiting for it as long as Duke Nukem Forever or FFXV.

40 minutes ago, The KKM said:

Thanks for the idea, I'll start calling the game Mighty No. Forever!

"What? You thought I was gone forever?"

First line said by Beck in the Very Final Gameplay Trailer for Mighty No. 9, which was uploaded in 2020.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

People need to relax. It hasn't even been 2 and a 1/2 years and you'd think people have been waiting for it as long as Duke Nukem Forever or FFXV.

I think people have a right to be annoyed at delays no matter the length. Especially if companies keep making promises and release dates, and cancel them only a few weeks away from said date. (Usually for questionable reasons that seem like simple things to fix or add on later)

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

And? I didn't invest money in either of those games.

• Thumbs Up 1