Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

...This is not going to do well on release is it? =[

So glad I didn't back MN9 man. It must suck for those who did.

And the game is still coming. Just a little later. Less than 3 years is still a decent development time. They underestimated the workload of so many consoles and stretch goal content, but that's it.

I'd say Kickstarter is a donation, not an investment. Fig is doing investment stuff.

50 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

It's really not going to Gabz, it's really not.

Oh I just wanted to remind everyone that we got a Bayo, Cloud, and Ryu in Smash. And still MN9 still isn't out yet. Really think about that.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Balding Spider said:

It's really not going to Gabz, it's really not.

Oh I just wanted to remind everyone that we got a Bayo, Cloud, and Ryu in Smash. And still MN9 still isn't out yet. Really think about that.

Even before that, Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy VII remake and even Psychonuats freakin' 2 were announced in the span of time.

Seriously, all we need is either the revival of Crash Bandicoot, the coming of Sonic Adventure and/or Megaman Legends 3's rise from the ashes, announced to really complete the circle of humiliation.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

And the game is still coming. Just a little later. Less than 3 years is still a decent development time. They underestimated the workload of so many consoles and stretch goal content, but that's it.

I'd say Kickstarter is a donation, not an investment. Fig is doing investment stuff.

Gee maybe if they were able to commentate with their backers better nobody would be complaining this much. Lack of transparency is the a huge problem with this game instead of giving updates it's just "oh hey guys we know your looking forward to the game but it's delayed sorry were working hard to release the game soon but please bare with us" doesnt help that this is the 3rd time that they're doing this. First time was excusable because they wanted to surprise everybody with physical copies, the 2nd time was really shady because they said that MN9 was already done and they were moving on with Red Ash and we all know how that went. Plus when sites were saying it got delayed Comcept and Deep Silver didn't say anything until it was obvious something was going wrong. Now this is happening after Inafune said that he promised that the game won't be delayed again and he was saying he has plans for a sequel before the first installment is already out I don't blame people. The development of this game deserves every single criticism it gets some of it isn't true but it is deserved. 

I legitimately cannot believe this is happening again. At first I thought everybody was being a bit too pessimistic over another delay and the game would come out as planned...and then this happens, someone just kill me.

4 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

I legitimately cannot believe this is happening again. At first I thought everybody was being a bit too pessimistic over another delay and the game would come out as planned...and then this happens, someone just kill me.

Woah getting a bit too dramatic with that last part don't you think buddy?

11 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Woah getting a bit too dramatic with that last part don't you think buddy?

Just joking but yeah, sorry that probably was a bit too far.

While I'm certainly annoyed with yet another ridiculous, inexcusable delay, I guess I can wait a bit longer. There are plenty of Kickstarter games I've been looking forward to that were announced before this one that don't even have a release date yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Repeated delays seems to be a bit of a general issue with Kickstarter games - well, probably so with many games, but the Kickstarter recipe of transparency plus inexperience accentuates the problem.  Shovel Knight took numerous delays of months and months, but Yacht Club Games didn't get quite so much flak for it - maybe because more people felt that the final product would definitely be worth it, and indeed it was?  Whereas not many people appear to regard Mighty No. 9 as anything so special it needs that many delays, much less the one element which is apparently causing the delays.  At least they're being pretty open about what it's for.

Yeesh...is a tiny bit of closure on the final product's quality too much to ask?

I kinda wish I hadn't backed it back in 2013. Sure, I didn't give much...but this has taught me to be extremely wary here.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So it looks like the game will come on May 31st http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/01/27/best-buy-seemingly-announces-mighty-no-9-release-date/189688/

In other news the achievements for the game have been shown http://www.exophase.com/game/mighty-no-9-ps4/trophies/

Neat. A pretty easy list to fulfill (for the most part) but then again for a game like this I expected that. I just have an easy time with achievements in general (whenever I bother to do them).  

Also I'm pretty sure that May 31st date is just a placeholder.  Many retailers list May 31 as a release date when something has a generic spring release.

Another thing. The steam list of achievements is longer than that so I don't think that's all of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

So there's some speculation that the game might get delayed again. http://gameranx.com/updates/id/47082/article/how-much-longer-does-the-mighty-no-9-community-need-to-wait/ If you guys recall the game was originally slated for Spring of 2015 more specially April and during that comcept said that they had a few surprises in store and later in April they announced it was getting delayed but the game was getting physical copies so it was justified. And after several delays later and the last update we had was back in January we haven't heard anything about it since, if you ignore MAGfest where they said that they are still working on it. 

Fucking hell it seems whenever I hear news about this game it's about a delay.

Honestly, what's more surprising is people are defending the constant delays with the ever prominent "they just want to polish and be sure it's good for fans" defense. Like, okay, but don't put a fucking solid date or window if you aren't prepared or confident enough in your product. That's not professional, and just annoys fans.

7 hours ago, KHCast said:

Fucking hell it seems whenever I hear news about this game it's about a delay.

Honestly, what's more surprising is people are defending the constant delays with the ever prominent "they just want to polish and be sure it's good for fans" defense. Like, okay, but don't put a fucking solid date or window if you aren't prepared or confident enough in your product. That's not professional, and just annoys fans.

And to be sure let's start a few more kickstarters, make multimedia projects, be completely quiet about the game when people ask for it, and try to make another game that people will support us despite the fact that our first game isn't out yet. Bullshit this is the same company that planned to release an apology demo to it's backers and then announced a delay at the last second. Something tells me that there's more to this game than just networking issues because that was their reason for the last delay.

• Thumbs Up 1

If this is what it was like for Capcom when they were funding Legends 3, then it's not really a surprise anymore on why that installment never made it to fruition.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2016-01-24 at 3:24 PM, Gabz Girl said:

I feel the same way, not trying to be an D-bag of course but i could totally feel very not happy if i did Backup that game. delay are fine, but keep delaying them until you find out that your project isn't finish at expected, it does very suck not only on the developers people but for the fan base too.

Yeah, it must stink. What's going on behind the scenes? That's what I'm curious about.

I realize other Kickstarters had delays...but it seems they were more open. These guys counted their chickens before they hatched, and if they don't turn in a great product, then there's literally no hope for the game barring something completely unexpected.

With all these delays I honestly forgot all about the game at this point... And I backed the Kickstarter too... Well I guess I'll play the game when it eventually comes out, still debating on which console I'll get it for since I own a PS4 and Wii U now. I've even forgotten about my own fan forum, due to my lack of interest in the game now. :\

• 2 weeks later...

You don't get off Inafune's Wild Ride until he says you can get off

Spoiler

Of course if this IS legit at least it'll be out for the ever profitable holiday season right? R-right....?

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems it was a mistake

Update: It looks like an Xbox employee copied and pasted the old European preorder information onto the American site without updating anything. If you notice the time zone refers to EEST which is Eastern European Summer Time. Xbox Support also confirmed that this was outdated information and the staff handling the website posted inaccurate information. 

• Thumbs Up 1