Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

This trailer just reeks of trying too hard (though admittedly the "scream like an anime fan on prom night" line made me crack a smile just because of how unexpected it was).

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

So who wants a new trailer?

Lol Look at that dislike bar. I'm not even going to bother reading the comments. The only reason I gave it a like it while the trailer has the same issue as the last one, with someone clearly trying waaaaaaaaaaayyyy,yyyyy to hard to make basic things seem more awesome than they really are, but at least he's kinda funny too (lol'd at that anime line). That's literally the only reason I liked it. Otherwise it didn't show me anything I didn't already know. 

Now assuming the game actually comes out this time, I personally am going to enjoy dashing around speed running and racking up my score. 

7 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

So who wants a new trailer?

It's amazing how the like/dislike ratio is always in favor of dislike in every single, region of trailer.

Well the delay's confirmed. We just needed an extra one for the road I suppose.

Also, let's have a game of trailer rules.

Rule 1: Don't start your trailer with a guy just saying "it's awesome cause you can slide!"

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well the delay's confirmed. We just needed an extra one for the road I suppose.

Also, let's have a game of trailer rules.

Rule 1: Don't start your trailer with a guy just saying "it's awesome cause you can slide!"

Wait what do you mean by that?

7 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Wait what do you mean by that?

We were made to believe it'd be out early June. The trailer shows it was pushed back to June 21st, which was said here in this thread.

15 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

We were made to believe it'd be out early June. The trailer shows it was pushed back to June 21st, which was said here in this thread.

Wasn't it always june 21st?

15 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

Not according to this thread. Apparently it was meant to be released around the beginning of June, and that got delayed to the 21st.

As always, Sonic freakin' delivers. [x]

uVyjyUv.png

Meanwhile, I still can't believe I shelled $60 USD for this. Not too impressed with what I've seen in the trailer.

On that note, we've also got a leak from the June 2015 build from the game, which was when Mighty no. 9 was first allegedly finished before all those "online performance setbacks", if I recall correctly. These level designs might not be final, and I haven't taken a look at these yet (might not until release day), but if you wanna, feel free to watch these for yourselves! :v

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm surprised that person was able to play the full game. But yeah it's been know for over a year that the game was finished the only problem were the online modes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Being the person I am I've already seen those videos. He's uploaded basically the entire main game (except for ray's story at the moment) and I THINK he's playing it on normal difficulty, which is the easiest of the four. In the comments at some point I think he said he wasn't going to try with the harder ones because it was insane or something. 

Ya know what, at this point I don't even really care about the reception to this game anymore I know it will be negative and I can't blame them. I just want the game to be out so everyone can say their dues and then it inevitably fades into obscurity after some time and this whole fiasco will just be over. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ray's gameplay looks fun. I'm tempted to rent it or at least wait for a substantial discount just to try her out.

Ray's play stye reminds me of vemons gameplay from ultimate spiderman which is a good thing.

17 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

Nope,  they promised Spring 2016, and we're literally getting it in Summer instead. 

• Thumbs Up 1

After seeing all this bullshit negativity, there is one Tumblr post that can sum up what we should be doing:

http://asktailikku.tumblr.com/post/144963596931/capnjamesman-rcasedrawstuffs-whatever-just

tumblr_o7sndy0Yui1rksymco1_500.png

rcasedrawstuffs: Whatever

Just my response when I see all the hoopla over MN9 now

capnjamesman:

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. Can I just play the game now and leave all that drama behind it behind? =_=;

So get this, even comcept fucking hated the trailer.

https://www.destructoid.com/mighty-no-9-dev-puts-publisher-deep-silver-on-blast-for-latest-trailer-364017.phtml

"

Yesterday, Mighty No. 9 publisher Deep Silver released a "Masterclass" trailer to explain some of the game's combat systems. At time of writing, it has 1,732 upvotes and 13,720 downvotes. That is to say, it's not going over well. One of the people who took umbrage was the CEO of co-developer Inti Creates Takuya Aizu.

On Twitter, Aizu wrote "What the hell was D*** *il*** thinking making a crappy PV like this?! Unforgivable." In this instance, the asterisk'd-out name is most obviously Deep Silver. Like a Blue's Clues riddle, it didn't take much Thinking Time to discern exactly what he means.

Why he is upset is similarly transparent. A single line of voiceover states that the net effect of one mechanic will "make the bad guys cry like anime fans on prom night." Others question the visual fidelity on display in the trailer, but it's surely the quote about anime fans that was the most contemptuous.

And, it's not the greatest time for Deep Silver to be burning bridges. After several delays,Mighty No. 9 will finally release in less than a month. A lot of the good will surrounding the game around the time of the initial reveal and crowdfunding campaign has since melted away. Deep Silver's latest joint (and the first in more than a year) isn't exactly setting the world on fire either. Everyone involved needs Mighty No. 9 to land, and derisive commentary is antithetical to that goal. Yeah, Aizu probably has a good reason to be pissed.

"

• Thumbs Up 3

At this point with all the negativity going off on this game, I just don't care anymore.

1 hour ago, nintega137 said:

So get this, even comcept fucking hated the trailer.

https://www.destructoid.com/mighty-no-9-dev-puts-publisher-deep-silver-on-blast-for-latest-trailer-364017.phtml

"

Yesterday, Mighty No. 9 publisher Deep Silver released a "Masterclass" trailer to explain some of the game's combat systems. At time of writing, it has 1,732 upvotes and 13,720 downvotes. That is to say, it's not going over well. One of the people who took umbrage was the CEO of co-developer Inti Creates Takuya Aizu.

On Twitter, Aizu wrote "What the hell was D*** *il*** thinking making a crappy PV like this?! Unforgivable." In this instance, the asterisk'd-out name is most obviously Deep Silver. Like a Blue's Clues riddle, it didn't take much Thinking Time to discern exactly what he means.

Why he is upset is similarly transparent. A single line of voiceover states that the net effect of one mechanic will "make the bad guys cry like anime fans on prom night." Others question the visual fidelity on display in the trailer, but it's surely the quote about anime fans that was the most contemptuous.

And, it's not the greatest time for Deep Silver to be burning bridges. After several delays,Mighty No. 9 will finally release in less than a month. A lot of the good will surrounding the game around the time of the initial reveal and crowdfunding campaign has since melted away. Deep Silver's latest joint (and the first in more than a year) isn't exactly setting the world on fire either. Everyone involved needs Mighty No. 9 to land, and derisive commentary is antithetical to that goal. Yeah, Aizu probably has a good reason to be pissed.

"

Wow, even Comcept hated it too. Well, I can't blame them since it was just a try-hard unfunny mess of a trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

It just now dawned on me that Deep Silver is the one publishing this game.

Remember, Deep Silver is the studio that produced that piece of trash Ride to Hell: Retribution in 2013.

Hindsight's 20/20, but still, it's not so surprising now that the trailer was utterly dumb too.

• Thumbs Up 1

i find it ironic that the sonic fans on here whom made fun of the series and sonic team in all sorts of uncalled for and harsh ways, also mentioning the unnecessary championing of nintendo. are trying to delude themselves that the criticism this game is getting seems too unfair while their ones to talk. lmao

i like the devs previous game, soul sacrifice. and i don't think i hate megaman(mm9 and 10 with their 8-bit pandering graphic style can suck it though). but its obvious inafune is milking this so much that he thinks he can get an automatic free pass ignoring he wasted 9-times more than million dollars on this project when the production vaules could have been so much worth it. yet wheres the explication for the below-average graphical style?

and that anime-fan jab was all kinds of gringe. picking on anime just seems weird, uncalled for. and an lousy attempt to be hip. considering an time-frame for it, it would have been funnier if the anime fans it was picking on were voice-actor-otaku. or anti-4kids-otaku(yeah i said it, kill me please)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Tailikku said:

After seeing all this bullshit negativity, there is one Tumblr post that can sum up what we should be doing:

http://asktailikku.tumblr.com/post/144963596931/capnjamesman-rcasedrawstuffs-whatever-just

tumblr_o7sndy0Yui1rksymco1_500.png

rcasedrawstuffs: Whatever

Just my response when I see all the hoopla over MN9 now

capnjamesman:

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. Can I just play the game now and leave all that drama behind it behind? =_=;

You're forgetting one important thing: This game is the outcome of one of the most sucessful Kickstarter campaigns ever. I say the backers have every right to create all the drama they want considering how Inafune wasted their money on this.

Why does the game look like an average PS2 platformer? Wasn't it originally a 2D sidescroller? 

You'd have to be pretty insecure to be insulted by that anime fans joke.

50 minutes ago, CrashRatchetFan said:

Why does the game look like an average PS2 platformer? Wasn't it originally a 2D sidescroller? 

It's coming to 3DS and sharing assets across the board.

Wow, it seems even Digorno is getting in on mocking the game.

Things have fallen that low, folks.