Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Goddamn they've reached over half their pledge goal on the first day.  I can almost taste the stretch goals.

I've donated $75 to the project. Not a big Mega Man fan but I hope for a fun game and a game that Capcom should have delivered years ago.

Everything about this project makes me happy. When I can, I will put forward a little donation. I want to see this succeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks in no small part to this Kickstarter, Mega Man is trending on Twitter worldwide. That, my friends, is the definition of irony.  

A little reminder: You are charged when the Kickstarter ends and only if it's reached it's minimum goal. So if you have some money at the end of the month, then would be a good time to donate(tellin it how it is); for some perspective, if each of the 100000 strong MML3 community contributed $20, enough for a pre order, we'd only have 2M, short for the console goals I have a feeling that's how they set their goals...

Edited by FourCartridge

What's the difference between a Western box and a Japanese box? Is it the typical thing of the boxart being different in each territory or a simple matter of a different language?

See I don't know how you can look at this and say that they look almost the same as each other down to a T. 

Anyway, dropping the incredibly stupid copyright discussion, I really like the Call design on the bottom right side with the purple hair: b733fef2a95df4f3de2a9074b4a043cf_large.j

Do you guys have a preference for the Call design?

I like the slimmer designs on the right side of the bottom left group. The pink haired one is coolest, but the roll expy is really nice as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

All the Call designs look really good; I'm really digging Inafune's art style! My favorite design though is the Pink-haired one. She just really cool to me. I'd love to donate to this, actually, and I'm not even much of a Megaman fan! Dammit work, give me more hours so I can afford to donate to this glorious project!

The game's theme song.

Now gonna back it with $100 instead of $70

According to NeoGAF Archie's Mega Man comic artist did fan art:

vgMPvEH.jpg

*cough*Foreshadowing*cough**cough*

Still waiting to back till some further wii-u news announced, but do plan to, even if its just the $5 teir, I want ot enter the enemy contest, though I will be modeling my entry rather than drawing it

If my Job didn't suck and I actually had money to spare, I'd support this, but alas.

...also, I'm trying to understand...why are people upset about this.

If my Job didn't suck and I actually had money to spare, I'd support this, but alas.

I personally dislike Inafune and his attitude and the fact he hasn't even finished his 3DS project doesn't give me hope. Actually, did Soul Sacrifice do okay? If so, then why is he Kickstarting it?

So come on you guys, lets flood this guy with tweets!

They think someone shouldnt rip off existing concepts even if they are their own, even though this is intentialy a sucessor

A mix of many factors. People blaming Inafune for ruining Capcom (it's more Capcom misunderstanding him, when he told them to outsource he wanted Metroid Prime not DmC, when he wanted Western Influences he wanted less lolis and host presenters not... DmC, etc.), people kneejerking against fanboys who think Inafune did everything Mega Man ever, people who think he was always just an external producer and is just stealing credit, etc.

A mix of many factors. People blaming Inafune for ruining Capcom (it's more Capcom misunderstanding him, when he told them to outsource he wanted Metroid Prime not DmC, when he wanted Western Influences he wanted less lolis and host presenters not... DmC, etc.), people kneejerking against fanboys who think Inafune did everything Mega Man ever, people who think he was always just an external producer and is just stealing credit, etc.

So typical fan shit, ok I understand. I'll just be watching this thread passively.

That said, no-one's forced to love the man. However, if I plan to support this it's not for Inafune but for everyone else- there's a great team here.

I personally dislike Inafune and his attitude and the fact he hasn't even finished his 3DS project doesn't give me hope. Actually, did Soul Sacrifice do okay? If so, then why is he Kickstarting it?

It did fine relative to its budget, yeah. Not a megaton success but a modest one. 

It's on Kickstarter because he wants to make it a community project. Much like Megaman Legends was supposed to be. It's a lot easier to do it that way and without a publisher he can work on the game as long as he wants, however he wants. Like it or not, Kickstarter is looking more and more like the future of indie gaming.

And what 3DS game are you talking about?

• Thumbs Up 1

Like, its literally been an hour since I made my backing and I'm already starting to regret it. People are relentlessly putting in both sides of the argument.

Edited by Major Ziggy

Like, its literally been an hour since I made my backing and I'm already starting to regret it. People are relentlessly putting in both sides of the argument.

Why should you regret it? I can not for the life of me understand this sudden regret.