Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

By brick, do people mean simply freezing the console until turned off/unplugged, or rendering it permanently unusable until sent in to Nintendo for repairs?

nvm didn't see above post

Edited by Sean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Really? Dang that sucks, was really hoping to play through it today [emoji20]

Snip.

You probably shouldn't leave a paper trail of piracy. I edited out your post in the quote but you don't want that biting you in the future or the owners of the forum.

• Thumbs Up 2

So... a contender for having some of the worst Megaman style bosses ever? Maybe. Also my exclusive backer keys aren't working fucking great.

18 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

So... a contender for having some of the worst Megaman style bosses ever? Maybe. Also my exclusive backer keys aren't working fucking great.

Oh yea I forgot to mention. They don't work. 

I heard the codes "aren't in the system yet" which is super stupid because I feel like you would plan that ahead of time

• Thumbs Up 5

Huh. If you're American that's stupid, but I still have to wait because of territorial release dates. I'm surprised that still comes into force for backers.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the pc version of the game doesn't even save data. Once you turn it off you lose all of your progress. 

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, nintega137 said:

So the pc version of the game doesn't even save data. Once you turn it off you lose all of your progress. 

Woah dude, so totally eighties!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, nintega137 said:

.....I don't get it? 

The old NES days, if you don't have battery backup or passwords you either have to play through the whole game in one sitting or leave it running whilst you go do something else.

Just now, Fancy said:

The old NES days, if you don't have battery backup or passwords you either have to play through the whole game in one sitting or leave it running whilst you go do something else.

Oh. Duh. I should've been able to figure that out. Granted I wasn't born in the 80's but still. But um, I'm pretty sure that's inexcusable now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't even care if this is a half ass, misguided homage to Mega Man, there's no reason to excuse the PC version for not having save data.

• Thumbs Up 4

Not to mention, if I recall correctly, the NES Mega Man games after the original had a password save system. So even there, it fails as a homage.

Depressing, really. Very depressing. Thing is, sequels may happen anyways because Deep Silver.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SurrealBrain said:

Not to mention, if I recall correctly, the NES Mega Man games after the original had a password save system. So even there, it fails as a homage.

Depressing, really. Very depressing. Thing is, sequels may happen anyways because Deep Silver.

It wasn't done on purpose. The demo and beta and builds saved. It's a weird glitch or technical issue. So I don't think it was meant to be an homage. Just another fuck up. 

I knew that much. But it just goes to show how badly mishandled this was.

I just remembered something; at least some works done only for the money have still turned out good despite that fact; probably because the people behind those realized that it was still their job to do the best they could.

Too bad this wasn't one of them. Not only did Inafune only do it for the money, but he forgot that it'd help if he nonetheless treated the fans well and did much better. There's doing it for the money, and then there's doing it for the money and failing at it.

13524479_10209929581983063_1449650176342

>ther period

>a AcXel

ffs even proofreading was below their priority watch list.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

13524479_10209929581983063_1449650176342

>ther period

>a AcXel

ffs even proofreading was below there priority watch list.

I'm tempted to make a really bad joke about this. #grammarsaveslives

• Thumbs Up 3

Difference there is that I rushed that one out, while Comcept had 3 years to correct theirs. =p

• Thumbs Up 2

Man this game has turned out to be a mess on quite a number of fronts from lack of proofreading, to backers not receiving their rewards in addition to the game they backed, and game-breaking bugs on top of all the other drama surrounding this game. Sad that a game which was to be a spiritual successor to the Mega-Man series ended up a shambling mess of broken promises, arrogance, and greed.

• Thumbs Up 1

So now that I've beaten the game, what can I say? It does play like Megaman games... unfortunately those games are Megaman X5 & X6. Constant chatter you can't escape from, with stages that don't compliment your characters abilities, lousy enemy placement, and mechanics that don't work as intended. For myself this was a massive reminder of everything I couldn't stomach in the later X games.

Oh yeah I forgot to go into the boss battles. So you'll have your standard bosses like seismic, dynatron, counter shade, or battalion. Simple if not boring/irritating, but then you have Pyro, Cryo, and Avi. In the case of Avi and Cryo you have to make sure to shoot carefully because the both of them are capable of elevating themselves to heights beck cant reach.

What this means is that if you damage them too much and they're out of reach when they start flashing purple, they'll regain their health and there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it. Thanks Comcept.

Now onto Pyro, Pyro hits hard and telegraphs his attacks by yelling out loud. He also has an instant-kill attack that you have to listen out for in the second phase of that fight. The real problem though? Doctor white cuts in and starts talking to Beck cutting off any and all telegraphs Pyro might give you, and there's a good chance it'll that instant-kill attack.

Again thank you Comcept

Edit: Also some advice for the final boss's second form. Use Battalion's missile.

• Thumbs Up 8