Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

http://archive.is/lB5Nw
https://archive.is/HIGRC

-"After leaving Capcom in 2010, Inafune founded his own company Comcept, responsible for Mighty No. 9 and other projects. He scammed $4 million for his shit of a game

-"He is widely regarded as a hack who didn't create the Mega Man franchise. Former Capcom developer Hideki Kamiya has regarded him as merely "a business man. Not a creator."

The rage is palpable.

• Thumbs Up 7

I've actually heard that the "businessman" quote wasn't meant to be derogatory.  After all, it's not like his business skills were especially helpful in this case.

What a mess, though.  Classic example of Kickstarter bloat, and apparently in the full release stream they own up to this fully, which I suppose is to their credit.  Stuff like the licensing for films and animated series isn't really on them; I assume companies approached them for the rights and basically offered free money, there's no way Comcept wouldn't have taken the offer without taking on a single burden to themselves.  That's other companies being precipitate, not Inafune.  But they developed for too many platforms, tried to include too many features, then ran extra Kickstarters for even more features...  There are basically three main problems with the whole enterprise, and they're all huge, sweeping things that can't save anyone now: They needed to develop for fewer platforms, they really should have released a base game with many of the extra features promised for free DLC, and they really, really should have consulted the backers about the art style, because even if they fix everything else then the art style will always be the same.

Kickstarters should maybe reconsider having stretch goals, or at least be more careful about them.  There are so many projects where those have screwed everything up.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, if I were making a Kickstarter project, I'd try to minimize the stretch goals. Maybe two or three at maximum; any further funds would be focused on the development itself.

Then again, I'd try to be realistic with my expectations.

Heard someone suggest that they should've released the base game first and then release the additional content later ala Shovel Knight. Might have worked had they done that, apparently they scrapped Beck's ability to copy regular enemies' attacks and limited it to just bosses even with a $4M budget? Above all, Inafune should've really held off on his absurdly early plans to make it into a franchise. God knows how much that pissed people off.

On another note, I'm sure Shenmue 3 will turn out well.

Yu Suzuki won't let us down.

...Right?

• Thumbs Up 4

Letbus hope not. It seems other Kickstarter developers are trying not to hype up their projects too much.

Makes sense, really; even if Mighty No. 9 hadn't had bugs, it was hyped up so much, anything less than spectacular would have been disappointing.

I'm still kinda indecisive, since I feel like contradicting what I said yesterday, so I've decided to wait for things to cool down and make my decision from there.

So I left this out because I was still pissed that it happened, but I've cooled off a bit. So I had the final boss dead to rights twice on two different attempts, but I couldn't finish it off. Why? Because in one case I was too low on health and couldn't dash into the fucking thing otherwise I'd be killed while it was vomiting up it's pixel attack, so it then teleported and regenerated it's life. I on the other hand then got killed by it's new attack.

In the other case it's because of this new attack that I couldn't finish it off. It hangs out on the sides of the walls and becomes invincible to all attacks while unloading a beam at you. You're not going to be able to get close to it. And too bad for me that I just then took off all it's life but couldn't finish it because giant laser spamming so it once again restored itself and I got killed again.

Oh and Call's level is fucking garbage. Why they insisted on having her call out every action she makes is bey- Oh... oooohhh. Also playing as her makes your controller flash pink... 4 million dollars guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Balding Spider said:

So I left this out because I was still pissed that it happened, but I've cooled off a bit. So I had the final boss dead to rights twice on two different attempts, but I couldn't finish it off. Why? Because in one case I was too low on health and couldn't dash into the fucking thing otherwise I'd be killed while it was vomiting up it's pixel attack, so it then teleported and regenerated it's life. I on the other hand then got killed by it's new attack.

In the other case it's because of this new attack that I couldn't finish it off. It hangs out on the sides of the walls and becomes invincible to all attacks while unloading a beam at you. You're not going to be able to get close to it. And too bad for me that I just then took off all it's life but couldn't finish it because giant laser spamming so it once again restored itself and I got killed again.

Oh and Call's level is fucking garbage. Why they insisted on having her call out every action she makes is bey- Oh... oooohhh. Also playing as her makes your controller flash pink... 4 million dollars guys.

I don't get it.

Also with the trinity, during that section where she's vomiting up pixels, I just use the Dynatron form because you can absorb enemies from a distance with it. 

This game it just too easy for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, nintega137 said:

I don't get it.

Also with the trinity, during that section where she's vomiting up pixels, I just use the Dynatron form because you can absorb enemies from a distance with it

This game it just too easy for me. 

Wait why did I not know this? Fuck did I miss something?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Balding Spider said:

Wait why did I not know this? Fuck did I miss something?

Probably because the game doesn't explain it very well, but every time you get a new weapon you can go into the game options and look at tips and learn all about how they work. Also if you don't believe me, It was on their website too. 

"

Transformation No. 3

Electric rods shoot forward, creating electric current between Beck and whatever they hit for continuous damage. Enemies destabilized while in contact with this current can be absorbed, regardless of distance.

"

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Little T said:

To be fair, the spelling errors are proving the game to be a fine successor to Megaman! ;)

There's nothing fair about that. It's not an '80s game...

Haha, did anyone else play the Mighty Gunvolt minigame?  That had a deliberately bad localisation precisely for the purpose of parodying games from the 80s and early 90s.

D6wtYRP.png

• Thumbs Up 2

@nintega

3 hours ago, nintega137 said:

Probably because the game doesn't explain it very well, but every time you get a new weapon you can go into the game options and look at tips and learn all about how they work. Also if you don't believe me, It was on their website too. 

"

Transformation No. 3

Electric rods shoot forward, creating electric current between Beck and whatever they hit for continuous damage. Enemies destabilized while in contact with this current can be absorbed, regardless of distance.

"

Huh. I never really made use of the weapon tips because I was so dead set on figuring it out myself. Guess that's on me then.

• Thumbs Up 1

So has anybody tried the online mode yet? 

48 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So has anybody tried the online mode yet? 

I'm trying too but no one's ever on. I can't connect with anybody. 

1 hour ago, nintega137 said:

I'm trying too but no one's ever on. I can't connect with anybody. 

Oh come now;  there must be one of the countless lives that were apparently hellbent on the online features that warranted all the delays right?????

Spoiler

I'm so sorry. 

This game reconfirms my belief that 90% of Kickstarter projects concerning video games are, at best, unreliable. This is Broken Age all over again.

I would like to remind everyone was they claimed this game was completed and finished in September 2015

The entire reason for the delays was the online modes were broken and needed fixing, so they took nearly a full fucking year to work on Online Modes, and they thought the single player was in a good enough shape?!

• Thumbs Up 3

You know what the funniest part about that is? Nobody is talking about the online mode.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, VizardJeffhog said:

Tag yourselves, I'm #3997. :'D

What an honor it is to have your name in that lmfao

• Thumbs Up 2

The full backers list, all 3 and a half hours of it. I'm Mighty No. 51651, as my signature had said for the last two years. I oughta remove that now.

I would have been higher up in the list because I originally backed it on the very first day, but cancelled it because reading some people's pessimistic reactions to the Kickstarter on here, I cancelled it out of guilt for being sucked in. But was convinced to think a bit more for myself and backed it again on the last day. If I felt like a fool for overreacting and cancelling my backing, I feel an even bigger fool for changing my mind.

Still there's one consolation. I've only ever backed one other Kickstarter and that was having 3 new episodes of the classic puppet series Thunderbirds made, in the classic 1960s style, and whilst it was 5 months late the finished product is just an absolute joy, so I'm not totally burned by Kickstarters yet.

• Thumbs Up 3