Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

5 hours ago, Fancy said:

The full backers list, all 3 and a half hours of it. I'm Mighty No. 51651, as my signature had said for the last two years. I oughta remove that now.

I would have been higher up in the list because I originally backed it on the very first day, but cancelled it because reading some people's pessimistic reactions to the Kickstarter on here, I cancelled it out of guilt for being sucked in. But was convinced to think a bit more for myself and backed it again on the last day. If I felt like a fool for overreacting and cancelling my backing, I feel an even bigger fool for changing my mind.

Still there's one consolation. I've only ever backed one other Kickstarter and that was having 3 new episodes of the classic puppet series Thunderbirds made, in the classic 1960s style, and whilst it was 5 months late the finished product is just an absolute joy, so I'm not totally burned by Kickstarters yet.

As much as I never will hand over loads of cash for a Kickstarter, I still feel a lot of good can come out of it.  Although this has been nothing but a trainwreck and has only made me even more cautious of such endeavours, Yooka-Laylee is continuing to look like it will meet expectations, so maybe this will be the game to wash down this bad taste.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm more baffled that the credits are much longer than the game itself to be perfectly honest. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

I'm more baffled that the credits are much longer than the game itself to be perfectly honest. 

I still think this might be the longest credit sequence I've ever seen in..................... well anything. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Man I feel like this game would be a whole lot better if it weren't for all the technical issues it has, like I was actually really enjoying this when I was playing (so far only did battalion and ray's stages) but jesus christ the choppy framerate just makes certain parts of the levels harder because of all the dropped inputs or the frame skipping that always seems to happen at the worst possible moment and all this isn't even getting into how stupidly long the loading times are when you die. I really hope they patch some of this stuff because it'd make this game eons better in my book.

Well damn, that's gotta be a new record.

"World's Longest End Credits Sequence"

Not that this is even a problem, it's just funny. They really should have only included people who wrote their names down.

• Thumbs Up 3

Look on the bright side, you guys might be disappointed for backing it

but it's better than nothing

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone else notice the name of one of the backers?

Somebody actually named himself "Kamiya was right." Somebody didn't get the joke, because it's in the credits.

So I tried the online mode finally and played a few rounds on the steam version........................................

HOLY SHIT IT'S FUCKING AWFUL!!!!!! I don't know what it is but the game itself just isn't fair in this mode at all. Because of one problem, one major problem. The fact that everytime there's some weird lag issue. It's hard to explain exactly, but remember what happened in the video I posted in my last comment? Yea that's the problem. If you're the one suffering from that problem then the game becomes completely unplayable and your chance of winning is zero. If it happens to the other person, then you have no chance of loosing. Not to mention the dumb idea of having the score enemies take random amounts of hits. This was terrible.

This is what they delayed the game for?

• Thumbs Up 1

I've yet to beat a single stage properly with Ray.

I forgot what level exactly because really there's barely any diversity they all look industrial, Mega Man 2 had different locals MN9 has very stages that aren't "grey factory looking place" Anyway those things that come down from the wall creating a barrier I try swipe at them I either get hit and miss my mark or when I dash towards them I take damage because of the electricity. I appreciate the challenge of Ray's health being drained but I don't think levels were designed with her in mind. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/24/2016 at 2:53 PM, nintega137 said:

So I tried the online mode finally and played a few rounds on the steam version........................................

HOLY SHIT IT'S FUCKING AWFUL!!!!!! I don't know what it is but the game itself just isn't fair in this mode at all. Because of one problem, one major problem. The fact that everytime there's some weird lag issue. It's hard to explain exactly, but remember what happened in the video I posted in my last comment? Yea that's the problem. If you're the one suffering from that problem then the game becomes completely unplayable and your chance of winning is zero. If it happens to the other person, then you have no chance of loosing. Not to mention the dumb idea of having the score enemies take random amounts of hits. This was terrible.

This is what they delayed the game for?

The online multiplayer was the reason behind one or more of the delays right? How much of the $4M+ budget did they allocate for the plans of turning it into a franchise, exactly? What will be Inafune & Comcept now?

1453771447028.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Noting will happen to them. They will probably make a sequel here in a year or two. Probably change the style. The games bad but this i doubt will hinder them. They just got $.$ eyes and bit off more than they could chew.

Knowing Deep Silver? They'd probably fund that sequel for Concept. It's not like they haven't funded bad games, and based on what I've seen of one employee, they don't seem to give a shit about the fans.

But depending on how the sequel does, the blunders from this one may still bite them in the ass, assuming it doesn't immediately do so here and now.

So yeah, I think something will happen. It's just a question of when.

Well I just finished the official release and I noticed something that not many people noticed despite it being a stretch goal.

Turbo mode is completely absent from the game, it was a stretch goal around the $1,500,000 mark. It's not in my leaked copy of the game either which I excused because my copy was buggy and only had multiplayer mode. I tried Hyper mode assuming this was the turbo mode in the official release but nope, enemies hit harder than on hard mode but Beck's and the enemies speed is pretty much the same.

They can't give the excuse that it's a tight budget like they did the enemy transformations (which I think was miscommunication to be honest rather than tight budget) because it was a stretch goal that backers had reached.

Here's a picture of the stretch goals

http://i.imgur.com/fCxYj4k.jpg

Not very acceptable at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

What was Turbo Mode meant to be?  I'm looking it up - just the game at a faster speed?  I can see why they'd have forgotten about it, but at the same time it seems (to somebody who admittedly knows nothing about programming) that that would be a lot easier to implement than all the online stuff.  Pretty poor show to destroy themselves trying to deliver the game feature-complete whilst actually dropping a feature, though.

Faster speed.

Loads of fighting games have it like Street Fighter II Turbo and MVC2. Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4 PC version had it. It basically speeds up the game by 20%. Sounds like a pointless feature but it's really awesome to play with that extra bit of speed especially in Devil May Cry. You can never go back to regular speed IMO

It's not really fair to have it as a stretch goal but then drop it. Still searching for it in the options.

On another note in Maniac mode the Minecraft skin is only for Beck's default form, the other forms are pretty much just regular Beck, very jarring and it makes the skin look even more silly...

• Thumbs Up 4

On 6/23/2016 at 2:08 AM, Fancy said:

The full backers list, all 3 and a half hours of it. I'm Mighty No. 51651, as my signature had said for the last two years. I oughta remove that now.

I would have been higher up in the list because I originally backed it on the very first day, but cancelled it because reading some people's pessimistic reactions to the Kickstarter on here, I cancelled it out of guilt for being sucked in. But was convinced to think a bit more for myself and backed it again on the last day. If I felt like a fool for overreacting and cancelling my backing, I feel an even bigger fool for changing my mind.

Still there's one consolation. I've only ever backed one other Kickstarter and that was having 3 new episodes of the classic puppet series Thunderbirds made, in the classic 1960s style, and whilst it was 5 months late the finished product is just an absolute joy, so I'm not totally burned by Kickstarters yet.

I'm confused though, on why they start with "900".

Wow I completely forgot about turbo mode, somebody really ought to message the team about that because on top of all the blunders they definitely wouldn't want this on them too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoever did the PC version should be shot.

Absolutely awful controls that you need to rebind most of to even make it playable. All the UI still shows Xbox buttons so you're better off just guessing what to press.

Never mind how when you first launch the game it's in a poor resolution in Windowed mode.

On 6/23/2016 at 1:59 PM, nintega137 said:

I still think this might be the longest credit sequence I've ever seen in..................... well anything. 

You can just skip it.

Also, Rings just put up his review on his deviantart:

http://fav.me/da7uzse

2 hours ago, Mark Hoppus said:

Whoever did the PC version should be shot.

Absolutely awful controls that you need to rebind most of to even make it playable. All the UI still shows Xbox buttons so you're better off just guessing what to press.

Never mind how when you first launch the game it's in a poor resolution in Windowed mode.

Unless you're talking about keyboard controls, otherwise I haven't had any of these problems. 

5 minutes ago, nintega137 said:

Unless you're talking about keyboard controls, otherwise I haven't had any of these problems. 

I am yeah.