Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

4 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

Wow I completely forgot about turbo mode, somebody really ought to message the team about that because on top of all the blunders they definitely wouldn't want this on them too.

I think they were hoping people would forget to be honest since yeah, they never ever mentioned it.

So for anyone somehow not aware of how Mighty No. 9 became a Mighty No. 2, Jim Sterling's recapped the whole affair brilliantly:

• Thumbs Up 5

1GJN7.gif 

Oh man I've been waiting for this all week. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/25/2016 at 7:18 AM, DaBatGuy said:

After two hours of forcing the square peg (Ray) into the round holes (every level of this game) this beautiful moment happened.

This is clearly fake, I mean there's no way they'd release a game this glitchy. Absolutely no chance of that whatsoever I tell ya.

Game spoilers in the second link for anyone that cares.

Spoiler

It's better than nothing.

On 6/26/2016 at 6:23 PM, Mark Hoppus said:

Never mind how when you first launch the game it's in a poor resolution in Windowed mode.

On boy is that game certainly not PC software game-recording tech-friendly!

Y'know, there's a good reason Ace Attorney is a Capcom series.

Considering the massive turnabout they placed on Inafune, Mighty No. 9, MM and Capcom.

I remember in the original Kickstarter pitch that using boss powers would change Beck's appearance (such as changing the shape of his arms), did that make it in? I've not seen any shots or videos of it in the final game. 

Okay, so I was wrong about turbo mode not being in the game. Know why? Enemies aren't fast from the get go in hyper mode. They take about 30 seconds until they get their 20% speed boost, it's not as soon as you start the stage it's awful because Beck still runs, dashes and shoots at his normal speed so that part in.... Goddamn these stages all look the same, um, the stage where there's a ladder and there's 2 turrets opposite each other firing? Hope you weren't planning on doing a buster/dash run they shoot too fast to slip by them and Beck's default speed can't match so you have to use Pyrogen's weapon to destroy them.

4 hours ago, Alice Twilight said:

Okay, so I was wrong about turbo mode not being in the game. Know why? Enemies aren't fast from the get go in hyper mode. They take about 30 seconds until they get their 20% speed boost, it's not as soon as you start the stage it's awful because Beck still runs, dashes and shoots at his normal speed so that part in.... Goddamn these stages all look the same, um, the stage where there's a ladder and there's 2 turrets opposite each other firing? Hope you weren't planning on doing a buster/dash run they shoot too fast to slip by them and Beck's default speed can't match so you have to use Pyrogen's weapon to destroy them.

You mean the military base?

13 hours ago, Omega Pipe said:

Lol, I was actually apart of that stream when it happened. Fucking lord this game man.

Seeing that stream live was a highlight of the week for me, and hearing Simmons shouting "UNLIMITED POWAH!!!" always makes me fall over laughing.

9 hours ago, Phos said:

I remember in the original Kickstarter pitch that using boss powers would change Beck's appearance (such as changing the shape of his arms), did that make it in? I've not seen any shots or videos of it in the final game. 

The transformations are akin to the one's in MMZX, you gain the visual traits of the boss but maintain Beck's normal size/proportions. So nothing as interesting as the hammer form in the concept art.

2 hours ago, DaBatGuy said:

The transformations are akin to the one's in MMZX, you gain the visual traits of the boss but maintain Beck's normal size/proportions. So nothing as interesting as the hammer form in the concept art.

Hmmm, so they couldn't even get the thing that most set this game apart from Megaman in a positive way into the game.  I'm starting to think that, had this game had a more ordinary development process, it would have been canceled.  

1 week later and there's still issues coming with MN9.

Backer exclusive transformations and skins are now being added as DLC so if you paid $60 or more... I'm so sorry. People can now get your exclusive things cheaper

http://i.imgur.com/AgNdaP3.jpg

(if someone can remind me how to embed images that'd be great the standard doesn't work here heh)

Congrats Inafune. I'm done. You have officially lost all chances of me buying this game. I was considering it up until September '15, being the Mega Man fan I was and I was even considering getting it sometime down the line. Now? Fuck no. Absolutely fuck no. Fuck this game. This is amazing how fucking greedy things are now when this fucker and his fucking company are giving away content they flat out said was exclusive for backers as DLC just to get a little more money.

Fuck. Off.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd say get it used or wait for a price drop so that way Inafune won't get your money if you have any interest of picking this game up.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, Alice Twilight said:

1 week later and there's still issues coming with MN9.

Backer exclusive transformations and skins are now being added as DLC so if you paid $60 or more... I'm so sorry. People can now get your exclusive things cheaper

http://i.imgur.com/AgNdaP3.jpg

(if someone can remind me how to embed images that'd be great the standard doesn't work here heh)

qIoBlXW.gif

BREAKING NEWS: Local Canadian Loses Remaining Shred of Goodwill and Faith Towards Inafune That He Didn't Know He Still Had

Backing this game was a mistake.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel awful for not getting steam refund to be honest.

I had a leaked copy of the game that I obtained 2 weeks before release, I played it, thought it was meh but nope still had it up on pre-order. My leak was just missing Minecraft Beck and the additional difficulties but it was enough to judge the game since it was beatable, a friend did buy me Ray DLC should have told her I'm grateful but not another cent should have went to the Con Man.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Congrats Inafune. I'm done. You have officially lost all chances of me buying this game. I was considering it up until September '15, being the Mega Man fan I was and I was even considering getting it sometime down the line. Now? Fuck no. Absolutely fuck no. Fuck this game. This is amazing how fucking greedy things are now when this fucker and his fucking company are giving away content they flat out said was exclusive for backers as DLC just to get a little more money.

Fuck. Off.

Well this move isn't surprising since Inafune is a business man, a really bad one, but still, I'm not entirely shocked. Disgusted and even less inclined to ever say something positive about his company and game, but not surprised.

• Thumbs Up 1

I only gave 5 dollars to this game and I still feel bad for even giving them that much. Seriously, I hope this guy doesn't make another cent off this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I just ask what the hell kind of stupid reward is having Beck gold if it really doesn't do anything? That just seems like a scam if you ask me yeah I know that games have DLC costumes and all but just gold? Unless it's a perfect metaphor for this game saying "all that's glitter is not gold" which is really ironic.

• Thumbs Up 5

Even worse, it's just for regular Beck, any other transformation has their regular color scheme.

6 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

I only gave 5 dollars to this game and I still feel bad for even giving them that much. Seriously, I hope this guy doesn't make another cent off this game.

Certainly. I hope he doesn't think about another Kickstarter as well.

Though if Red Ash's Kickstarter is anything to go by, it'll probably fail even harder than that.

On the off chance anyone here's a big fan of Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged, the Prince of all Saiyans is here to deliver. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Can I just ask what the hell kind of stupid reward is having Beck gold if it really doesn't do anything? That just seems like a scam if you ask me yeah I know that games have DLC costumes and all but just gold? Unless it's a perfect metaphor for this game saying "all that's glitter is not gold" which is really ironic.

It's what you get when the "polished turd" saying gets personified.

• Thumbs Up 3