Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

On 6/29/2016 at 7:49 AM, Alice Twilight said:

1 week later and there's still issues coming with MN9.

Backer exclusive transformations and skins are now being added as DLC so if you paid $60 or more... I'm so sorry. People can now get your exclusive things cheaper

http://i.imgur.com/AgNdaP3.jpg

(if someone can remind me how to embed images that'd be great the standard doesn't work here heh)

But hey,  let's not also forget that at select stores you can Mighty No.9 along with a poster for air $27-30.

Y'know,  something that was supposed to be exclusive to $250 backers,  who from what I've heard,  still haven't even got their copies. 

phoenix-emo.gif

I didn't back this game,  but man the ineptitude that funders are being dealt.....it's waaaaay too much for "better than nothing" especially since quite a few still got nothing currently to show for it 

• Thumbs Up 2

I am probably one of the few people on the net who loves this game and hasn't really had any problems at all from the campaign. Yeah, the game is rough around the edges, but I took to it really quickly and even have a couple S ranks under my belt (and started Maniac Mode and Ray DLC but I haven't had much time for either). I even got some of my physical stuff in the mail already like the plush and the poster and two t-shirts. Maybe luck has just been on my side this whole time but I haven't felt conned out of anything *shrug*. Disclaimer though - I did get asked to do some freelance artwork for something relating to this game that isn't out yet (not sure when it comes out), but I've been wildly excited for this game before that even came up (I made the topic :V).

I never TRULY expected it to be Mega Man and maybe that's why I am not super disappointed. The core jump and shoot is similar but the rest of the game feels wildly different. I actually prefer having a game that doesn't feel like a direct clone actually, it has a lot of potential to go in interesting directions compared to just being Mega Man. However I would really like there to be a sequel to really iron it out, to me in a way this feels a lot like how I feel about Mega Man 1 where the game is kinda there but isn't really at its full potential.

That said, I do get why people are upset and understand my experience isn't quite universal, so I do sympathize with those who feel burned. Honestly I wish the launch had gone smoother and they didn't get super ambitious because while I do love it, it could it be a lot better all the same. Still I'm holding out for another one anyway. Also Ray is my fave.

• Thumbs Up 7

One thing I hate about Ray for anyone that's played as her is how she's clearly not designed for some of these stages. This part here for instance? Absolutely impossible if you plan on doing a default weapon/No damage run. You have to take the hit, combine that with her energy always draining. Disaster

Here's a picture of said stage, you can't clear this part without using the right weapon or by legitimate means with the default weapon (eg: not clipping)

50a78ce95e.jpg

20 hours ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

But hey,  let's not also forget that at select stores you can Mighty No.9 along with a poster for air $27-30.

Y'know,  something that was supposed to be exclusive to $250 backers,  who from what I've heard,  still haven't even got their copies. 

phoenix-emo.gif

I didn't back this game,  but man the ineptitude that funders are being dealt.....it's waaaaay too much for "better than nothing" especially since quite a few still got nothing currently to show for it 

Damn, really? That's even worse! $250 dollars down the drain :/

The only good thing out of mighty number 9 for me was the fact they are all actually bros and sisters. And said artwork ahem of some of them online.

Yeah has anyone here actually got something physical to show for putting their hard earned money into this project? The Thunderbirds 1965 awards were being posted about by like a team of 2 or 3 people, and there over 3 thousand parcels to be sent with different tiers of awards not to mention additional Backerkit purchases, and it had taken a couple of months for most of them to arrive.

Not that I'm being impatient or anything but as bad as this game seems I'm rather anxious to play it. I've promised a friend of mine who was interested to play that I'd give my PSN code to him so he won't have to shell out on a copy, knowing I was expecting a physical copy. Should I expect a very very small crowd of people are sending the MN9 rewards out, and tens of thousands from around the world may be waiting several months?

I might be horrible person for saying this, but as a person who didn't backed the project and wasn't that exited for it, I'm having a time of my life now, reading all those awful things about the game.

I believe it's called Schadenfreude.

1 hour ago, Alice Twilight said:

One thing I hate about Ray for anyone that's played as her is how she's clearly not designed for some of these stages. This part here for instance? Absolutely impossible if you plan on doing a default weapon/No damage run. You have to take the hit, combine that with her energy always draining. Disaster

Here's a picture of said stage, you can't clear this part without using the right weapon or by legitimate means with the default weapon (eg: not clipping)

50a78ce95e.jpg

Actually you can. And not through some cheap or glitched method either.

I can upload the whole video of me doing a no hit death run with only the standard weapon of that whole stage if you want. 

• Thumbs Up 1

No, I believe you?

What did you do though because I've made contact with them in my screenshot but they never exploded.

38 minutes ago, Alice Twilight said:

No, I believe you?

What did you do though because I've made contact with them in my screenshot but they never exploded.

Ray's dash is more powerful than Becks. It's an attack in and of itself. I simply dashed straight down onto the barrels and then moved out of the way of the explosion. 

26 minutes ago, nintega137 said:

Ray's dash is more powerful than Becks. It's an attack in and of itself. I simply dashed straight down onto the barrels and then moved out of the way of the explosion. 

Yeah, the dash is super versatile for a lot of situations where it might not seem possible with the normal attack so if any moments seem like head scratchers, chances are you're going to want to make use of her dash attack.

30 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

Yeah, the dash is super versatile for a lot of situations where it might not seem possible with the normal attack so if any moments seem like head scratchers, chances are you're going to want to make use of her dash attack.

Pretty much. 

1 hour ago, nintega137 said:

Will try it out. They've always exploded on contact whenever I dashed into them by accident.

Edit: Woah, it really does work!!! Thanks!

Well Johnny's review is out right now

• Thumbs Up 9

Wow, he sounds so bored. Guess that sums the game up perfectly.

3 hours ago, Alice Twilight said:

Will try it out. They've always exploded on contact whenever I dashed into them by accident.

Edit: Woah, it really does work!!! Thanks!

No problem.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda hope that if they make a sequel to this game, that they can really pull themselves out of it and actually make a much better  game. I'm not sure if they will if re-core or Red Ash are anything, but I'm trying to be optimistic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly this felt like a one time game. I could not see a sequel. Heck Id take a console hd port of the Megaman Zero series.  I wonder why they switched from the original animation style.

55 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Honestly this felt like a one time game. I could not see a sequel. Heck Id take a console hd port of the Megaman Zero series.  I wonder why they switched from the original animation style.

I'd love that. Great games but the screen crunch on the GBA really harmed MMZ and the DS collection doesn't really fix it. Speaking of I did always want a Zero hack and slash game similar to Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising, Zero just seems perfect for it.

9 hours ago, Alice Twilight said:

I'd love that. Great games but the screen crunch on the GBA really harmed MMZ and the DS collection doesn't really fix it. Speaking of I did always want a Zero hack and slash game similar to Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising, Zero just seems perfect for it.

If they ever did that Id want the unedited version as well. But zero on full screen in hd would blow my mind. The game is just amazing. Only negative i had to the series was sorta wished the game ended at 3. Even the developers have stated 3 was meant to be the end. But yea MN9 does not feel like sequel needing material.

It's Deep Silver and Comcept. Both have given misinformation before. They can debunk rumors, but I don't see them keeping their word for long.

And to be honest, after all the blunders, why should I believe them?!