Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

D48ZJXE.gif

Unreal Demonstration Video

they said this:

Kickstarter Update (Scroll down a bit until you reach the "Graphics Engine!" section)

"Whattaya think? Someday we will look back on this and laugh at how primitive it looks, but for now, for only one week of test work, it's pretty darn cool, don't ya think? :D"

(THANKS Neogaf )

Boy hindsight is a bitch ain't it? 

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, nintega137 said:

So has anyone gotten the retro instruction Manual and Digital Soundtrack yet? I found a physical one on sale on amazon but that's $80

https://www.amazon.com/MIGHTY-NO-9-ORIGINAL-SOUNDTRACK/dp/B01GS353ZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467642538&sr=8-1&keywords=mighty+no+9+soundtrack

Both of those were on humble bundle for me, a bit above where the codes/steam codes were.

2 hours ago, Jetronic said:

Both of those were on humble bundle for me, a bit above where the codes/steam codes were.

Weird I didn't get either and I should've. So about the digital soundtrack, is that literally just what's been uploaded to youtube already or is there some stuff on it we haven't heard yet or isn't in the game? Like remixes or full themes or something? Because otherwise I'd wonder what's the point because you have the option to listen to all the games music in the sound test menu. 

12 hours ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

(THANKS Neogaf )

Boy hindsight is a bitch ain't it? 

I wonder what the person who said that is thinking now?

1 hour ago, nintega137 said:

Weird I didn't get either and I should've. So about the digital soundtrack, is that literally just what's been uploaded to youtube already or is there some stuff on it we haven't heard yet or isn't in the game? Like remixes or full themes or something? Because otherwise I'd wonder what's the point because you have the option to listen to all the games music in the sound test menu. 

Ah man, forgive me, I totally misread your post. I must have been half asleep or something because I swear I read it as art book and guide earlier. The manual and ost being part of the rewards totally escaped me. I didn't mean that mistake on my post, forgive me on that.

Not sure completely though,  honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this were true:

There have been a multitude of backers claiming that theirnames such aren't showing up in the credits despite them actually filling out the name survey. 

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

Not sure completely though,  honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this were true:

They're have been a multitude of backers claiming that theirnames such aren't showing up in the credits despite them actually filling out the name survey. 

I am Mighty No 17928 and...

3N4AiRf.png

Nothing, and I KNOW I filled out every survey that came to my email.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a question to those that have played the Ray(not-zero) DLC. When you got Mighty No.7/Brandish's(also not-zero) weapon how close does she play like Zero?

Picked up the PS3 version tonight. Haven't heard a lot about it, so I was worried that it had some of the issues that plagued other versions, such as the long loading times in the WiiU version. Thankfully, besides some dropped frame rates, it plays pretty good.

All in all, I'm gonna go against the grain as usual and say that I like it so far. The gameplay is pretty standard Mega Man fare, the level design is inventive, the voice acting competent, and the music, as expected of former Mega Man composers, is fantastic (love the chiptune soundtrack option, too!). Besides the average graphics, ridiculous marketing, and regular behind-the-scenes drama, Comcept delivered more or less just what I expected them to: a decent game that scratches my Mega Man itch. And honestly, that's all I really wanted.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

I have a question to those that have played the Ray(not-zero) DLC. When you got Mighty No.7/Brandish's(also not-zero) weapon how close does she play like Zero?

From what I could see, aside from being a close ranged fighter, Ray isn't that similar to Zero, I think they tried to invoke the speed of the Zero gameplay by using the whole ''constantly dying'' mechanic, but it just made her unreasonably difficult.

As for Brandish, his weapon isn't like Zero's at all, it's more like that dash cancel trick speedrunners do. Basically you can constantly spam your sword, no combo or cooldown, just spam nonstop, it blocks some projectiles and can do good damage. And as long as you don't charge it, you can swing it forever and not waste any ammo.

2 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

When you get weapons from bosses as Ray they don't function like Beck's they all pretty much use their secondary function you see when fighting bosses like with Battilion Raychel will use the minigun function instead of the crash bomber esque one that Beck gets.

Wish they'd stop comparing the game to stuff that's on the Gamecube, PS2 or Xbox. Because loads of games on those systems look great.

Mighty No. 9 is in a league of its own, I don't know what to compare it too because some of the robot's textures look really good, on par with last gen, but then robots like Beck and some stage textures look really glossy.

• Thumbs Up 6

This game reminds me why I've never been a bigger fan of Mega Man games: it's just too freaking hard for me. Been playing for hours and haven't beat ONE boss yet. This game may go along with Mega Mans 1-9 as yet another Inafune game I don't have the patience and skill to beat.

30 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

This game reminds me why I've never been a bigger fan of Mega Man games: it's just too freaking hard for me. Been playing for hours and haven't beat ONE boss yet. This game may go along with Mega Mans 1-9 as yet another Inafune game I don't have the patience and skill to beat.

It gets easier when you finally get a boss weapon since you can use that and just kill whatever boss is weak to it but yeah just like the classics you have to really commit in order to beat some of these stages, heck i'd say the game is harder than the classics because of the fact that the e-tank equivalent in this game is just randomly given out and you lose them when you die.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the order I prefer is defeating Pyro first, he is the worst one to fight since he has that stupid OHKO move that he -does- telegraph but its hard to spot when the characters start talking to eachother. He does have visual cues but the sound is the best way to avoid it. Once you get him, and then move on to defeat Cryo with his weapon, the rest of them start going down extremely quick. Mostly because after Cryo you can go after Bat real easy and Cryo's power makes that fight a joke. Bat's weapon is one of the most OP in the game, so it helps clearing things easier (plus makes Seismic's stage a lot easier too).

But I can understand the difficulty concerns - if it is too hard for you you don't need to keep playing! Also if you haven't already you can also set the lives count to start at 9 so it gives you more room to learn the bosses :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe I'm just really used to games like these but, am I the only one who finds the game too easy even on its hardest setting? I mean all the 8 mighty numbers can easily be taken out with your standard weapon alone. Avoiding getting hit is simple enough too.

1 hour ago, MegasonicZX said:

heck i'd say the game is harder than the classics because of the fact that the e-tank equivalent in this game is just randomly given out and you lose them when you die.

You get one whenever you absorb 10 blue enemies. Every enemy after being destabilized will turn one of five colors.

Blue is for health tanks, which if you absorb 10 blue enemies you will get one and only one. The second one only appears if patch shows up and gives it too you on certain occasions. Which sucks and I wish absorbing say 20 blue enemies would let you have both but that's the way it is.

Green is a Speed increase

Purple is the color bosses glow

Yellow Increases defense

Red Increases the power of your attacks and in some cases let's them faze through walls.

Also I personally have zero problem with dialogue that happens in the middle of boss fights because it honestly doesn't make it any harder to fight them. Not even Pyrogen like a lot of people say. Each of the Mighty Numbers can easily be taken out with your default weapon to be honest. Matter of fact the levels are really easy too. I've heard a lot of people complain about all the instant kills spikes and other stuff and yes I'll admit it's bad design and shouldn't be there like that. But the reason I'm not too concerned about it is because the placement of them is so obvious that it feels like I will only get hit by them, if I actually try to get hit by them. They're easily avoidable. Take the Mine stage (No.4, Seismic) littered to the brim with spikes. But all of them are easily avoidable by either not jumping, or just dashing anyway. Even when they line the walls during that one drop section and you hang on to the ledge there's no issue getting to safety. 

I've heard people complain about the giant turbines at the power plant which I'll admit is also bulllshit, but everytime I get there I can slide right under them without even stopping or taking my time. I get a "SPRINTER" for it too. Also that one section in the robot factory where most people use avi's ability to float down, I don't even have much trouble there either. Still get the "Sprinter" for that too.   

3 hours ago, Meow said:

But I can understand the difficulty concerns - if it is too hard for you you don't need to keep playing! Also if you haven't already you can also set the lives count to start at 9 so it gives you more room to learn the bosses :)

...holy crap, really? I thought the life count was a tad unforgiving. Heck, just having an outdated concept like lives in a game this difficult is unforgiving. Thanks for pointing that out!

3 hours ago, nintega137 said:

Also I personally have zero problem with dialogue that happens in the middle of boss fights because it honestly doesn't make it any harder to fight them. Not even Pyrogen like a lot of people say. Each of the Mighty Numbers can easily be taken out with your default weapon to be honest. Matter of fact the levels are really easy too. I've heard a lot of people complain about all the instant kills spikes and other stuff and yes I'll admit it's bad design and shouldn't be there like that. But the reason I'm not too concerned about it is because the placement of them is so obvious that it feels like I will only get hit by them, if I actually try to get hit by them. They're easily avoidable. Take the Mine stage (No.4, Seismic) littered to the brim with spikes. But all of them are easily avoidable by either not jumping, or just dashing anyway. Even when they line the walls during that one drop section and you hang on to the ledge there's no issue getting to safety. 

Oh for sure, I have no issues fighting Pyrogen really either (especially not now) - but it is something players new to the genre or something may find irritating. The thing is it is -kind- of bad design to have Pyrogen's audio cues be cut at the time when the player needs them most, but its still beatable without it if you watch him as well since he has visual cues. It just is frustrating for a first time player I feel that doesn't know his patterns yet.  Also I was recommending boss weapons because they seem to get a bad wrap when most of them are actually quite useful, but yes you can beat most things easily with just the basic buster - however you can save yourself time by using the appropriate stuff.

Also is insta kill stuff really bad design? I personally don't think its bad design per say to have them. I am not sure where this thing of "killing the player in unforgiving ways" became such a bad design concept these days. Not saying that this game particularly did them well, but in general I mean. Insta kills have never bothered me in 2D games like this, also lives are now being considered a bad design choice too? I personally think lives and old concepts are still perfectly valid and have their place in games like this. Maybe an easy mode with no insta kills and no lives would probably be okay to add but I think otherwise it all adds to the challenge.

Also as a tip for anyone who does find dialogue in the middle of the fights to be distracting you can also turn the text boxes for the dialogue off. Everyone will still be talking but there won't be any text boxes taking up screen real estate. Just as a heads up! So I guess if you wanted a completely voiceless run you could mute the voices too haha.

Guys I realized something. This may sound crazy to a few but after some thinking I realized that Mighty No. 9 is essentially the Foodfight of video games. I'm serious, Mighty No. 9 shares a lot of things in common with that movie.

Long Development time with constant delays - Check

Terrible graphics - Check

Horrible Animation and Effects - Check

Creators with plans to turn it into a huge franchise without even seeing how the game/movie does - Check

Terrible Voice Acting - Check

Has an insanely high budget - Check

The only thing missing from Mighty No. 9 is terrible groan-inducing innuendos.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe it had its animation stolen, too. Which would explain the decrease in graphical quality from the footage made in one week.

Seriously, three years, and it somehow looked worse than the version made in a single week. Stolen animation actually makes sense; some jerk stole the game, and nobody thought to do a backup, so they had to redo everything from scratch.

Makes sense to me, at least.