Jump to content
Meow

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Recommended Posts

I was under the impression that the 1 week demo was made mostly using stock assets, which saved them the trouble of making original art sans Beck and an enemy or two. It's hardly surprising that cutting that many corners lands you a tech demo out pretty quickly - much smaller teams have done about the same with even less time using fairly similar approaches.

That being said it doesn't really explain why the lighting was downgraded so much when it was already practically perfect from day 1. Not even gonna mention the pizza explosions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

I was under the impression that the 1 week demo was made mostly using stock assets, which saved them the trouble of making original art sans Beck and an enemy or two. It's hardly surprising that cutting that many corners lands you a tech demo out pretty quickly - much smaller teams have done about the same with even less time using fairly similar approaches.

That being said it doesn't really explain why the lighting was downgraded so much when it was already practically perfect from day 1. Not even gonna mention the pizza explosions.

Okay, that too. But it was compared to Foodfight the previous page, so I just felt like adding to it.

But that's probably more realistic than "the animation was stolen from them." I'll concede that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've said elsewhere, this game is not as bad as people say. Sure, it's no Mega Man, but it's still a fun platformer. I think that if not for all the controversy surrounding the game, people would give it more of a fair chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kokoro said:

As I've said elsewhere, this game is not as bad as people say. Sure, it's no Mega Man, but it's still a fun platformer. I think that if not for all the controversy surrounding the game, people would give it more of a fair chance.

Controversy or not,  this game still has bugs,  and bad programming up the wazoo.

Not to mention how the level design, and conveyance of what you aught to do to progress can be extremely hit and miss,  not to mention,  needlessly cryptic at points too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven't had enough money or time to play this game, but I see many Japanese people enjoying the game despite the said bad parts (at least, I haven't heard harsh hate or criticism on it around me) so I am looking forward to it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

I still haven't had enough money or time to play this game, but I see many Japanese people enjoying the game despite the said bad parts (at least, I haven't heard harsh hate or criticism on it around me) so I am looking forward to it...

Its actually a pretty fun game despite what a lot of people will say though it has some really questionable technical issues (playing on the wii u version).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

so have modders tried to do anything with this game yet? wonder how easy or hard it is to crack.

I actually really want to see what modders would do with this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

Its actually a pretty fun game despite what a lot of people will say though it has some really questionable technical issues (playing on the wii u version).

That's nice to hear. I haven't looked much information about it, so I really need to play to see how it is. I am not fond of trailers much so I haven't watched any, I usually watch play videos of it to see if I want to buy but I haven't (I don't know if it's because I'm scared it'll affect my motivation or just not wanting to spoil it). The only information I have are the concept arts/screenshots from the website, and reviews/short clips from the players; I guess it's better than playing it expecting it to be bad or having too much expectation on it. Even if I didn't enjoy, I'm the type who separate how much I invest and how much I enjoy so no regrets just an "oh well it sucks". It's gonna hurt my wallet either way anyway :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2016 at 9:22 AM, Kokoro said:

As I've said elsewhere, this game is not as bad as people say. Sure, it's no Mega Man, but it's still a fun platformer. I think that if not for all the controversy surrounding the game, people would give it more of a fair chance.

I don't know when I played my leaked copy with an open mind despite the controversy I got a very subpar looking game with inconsistent graphics especially when you compare Becks models to anything else in the game, some very questionable level design and a soundtrack with some talented artists that failed to deliver, Mega Man clone or not. The whole game is just missed potential and whatever Mighty No. 9 does has been done better in other Mega Man games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2016 at 6:40 PM, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

Controversy or not,  this game still has bugs,  and bad programming up the wazoo.

Not to mention how the level design, and conveyance of what you aught to do to progress can be extremely hit and miss,  not to mention,  needlessly cryptic at points too. 

I liked most of the levels. The game does have it's flaws, but it's not a bad game. I do admit though, there were a few parts that I had to look up a walkthrough for to get through. It's not as good as Mega Man, but I agree with the saying "it's better than nothing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2013 at 7:44 PM, Komaru Naegi said:

sGsVBvU.jpg
Look at all that money Capcom is missing out on.

I'm going to be voting for Not-Roll, then this will truly be Mega Man reborn.

Hahaha, foolish me 3 years ago, if someone were to go back in time to say how much of a disaster pre-release and post release is warning us how would you react? Would you believe them? I wouldn't it. I was pretty pro Inafune back then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the unfortunate infamy of the game itself, it's a shame that it's most likely nothings going to come of the animated series, because I know I'd automatically like it more than whatever Man of Action spew out this year :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Little T said:

Despite the unfortunate infamy of the game itself, it's a shame that it's most likely nothings going to come of the animated series, because I know I'd automatically like it more than whatever Man of Action spew out this year :P

You're not wrong there. I have no doubt whatever dumbed down, flash animation garbage those egotistical douchebags put out will be worse than anything Comcept could muster up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Pretty sure Larry Butz could figure that one out, let alone Edgeworth and Phoenix dude :U

Funny you mention those guys, since backers may actually be mobilizing to sue Compcept

and for good reason too!

Backers for the most part have not gotten their physical rewards, yes that includes actual "physical" copies of games.

Now it's gotten to the point where Fangamer, the guys supposedly in charge of distributing the rewards have gotten fed up with Comcept and revealed this tidbit:

Quote
Mighty n.09 backer rewards update (Is Comcept fault) #1

Hey folks, this is Steve from Fangamer. We’ve been receiving a lot of questions from Mighty No. 9 backers regarding their remaining physical rewards, and I figured I would chime in here to clarify what’s going on from our end.

We (Fangamer) were contracted by Comcept to produce and fulfill the physical rewards (up to the $250 tier) for their Kickstarter project, however this is contingent on Comcept providing us with the necessary assets we need for fulfillment.

The question we’ve been receiving the most has been “When will you begin shipping the rewards?”. The remaining physical rewards are currently in production, and while we can provide estimates based on our (Fangamer’s) internal time-frames (e.g. Early-2017), these estimates are based on the assumption that we will receive all required assets from Comcept, and unfortunately we currently do not know when they will give them to us. Therefore, until we receive everything we need from Comcept, we cannot give a specific shipping time-frame just yet.

Also please keep in mind that our involvement in this project is limited to merch production and fulfillment for Comcept. While we’re happy to answer questions sent to our orders@fangamer.com customer support email address, we are not involved with providing updates or PR for this project; that is Comcept’s responsibility.

The Mighty No. 9 shirts, plushies, and boss posters were shipped off in 2015. If you were eligible for but haven’t received these items, please contact orders@fangamer.com for support.

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/node/4854?page=2

The artbook and strategy guide are done, we have the digital versions, how hard can it be to send Fangamer the necessary assets to produce the other stuff?. The game was released 6 months ago....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331625

Yup, turns out, that Comcept are the ones responsible for supplying Fangamer with the items to be distributed, but still to this day, as far as it's known, they've skimped out and have not yet even responded on the matter of the deal.

 

Y'know, at first I thought calling this whole ordeal a scam was overdoing it, but nope, not anymore! People still aren't getting what was promised to them and what they paid for!

Disgusting, this has truly become!

Like seriously, just how low can this whole campaign and game go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.